Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 PM

90 posts, read 367,208 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if there is any speculation out there on how the new North Beach Plantation Towers (in NMB) delivery will play out. Are they expected to close the majority of units (tough since they will likely appraise well below their contract prices), be reduced in price, or go to auction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 04:19 PM

3 posts, read 41,629 times
They have reduced the prices and will be settling in February and March... likely the new prices will cause more people to go to settlement.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemary View Post
They have reduced the prices and will be settling in February and March... likely the new prices will cause more people to go to settlement.
Thanks for the update on this project. It looks like a very nice project; however, do you know if prices have been lowered to reflect the real market value of those units? Do you think it would be better to wait until they have tried to settle as many as they can before looking to buy one?

Old 02-21-2009, 11:49 AM

3 posts, read 41,629 times
Hard to tell... they have said that they got independent appraisals and have lowered them to that price... these appraisals were done about a month ago (e.g. two bedroom is now 525K... they were selling for 749K at the end before they lowered the prices). I would guess it will depend on how many follow through at the new prices... they have said that they would probably raise prices after they settle, but that may be more posturing or wishing for the best as it relates to the market. To take advantage of the lowered prices, they are telling the existing contract owners they need to settle by the middle of March.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 AM

Thank you for posting an update on that property. I wondered if they are closing many units successfully. It looks like a nice project, but still sort of expensive for what I'm looking for. I hope they come down a bit more. :-)

Last edited by mayhurst; 02-26-2009 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 AM

Does anyone know the status of units closing on this project? I'm interested, but would like to see prices a little lower. I understand there were contracts on the vast majority of units initially. Is the builder closing contracts without much trouble since the prices were lowered? The prices still seem high in this environment, however. Any info would be welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:27 AM

26 posts, read 135,541 times
Thumbs up The best @ the beach

They are starting to close the units @ North Beach Towers. This is a beautiful building. With the economy the way it is, this will be the last BEST CONDO UNIT built for years. The developers have done a great job.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTIS1946 View Post
They are starting to close the units @ North Beach Towers. This is a beautiful building. With the economy the way it is, this will be the last BEST CONDO UNIT built for years. The developers have done a great job.
Thanks for the update. I looked into this project and, while very impressive, seems priced very high for this economic environment. I am not a speculator, I just don't want to pay too much for a vacation property. I guess I will check on it several months down the road to see if any are available for more reasonable prices; at the very least prices probably won't go up.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 AM

43 posts, read 144,918 times
Default Closings????

I am one of the original purchasers ( signed contract in 2006).
There have been NO closings to date.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
I am one of the original purchasers ( signed contract in 2006).
There have been NO closings to date.
Thank you for posting about the status of this project. What seems to holding things up...appraisals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area