Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:04 AM

43 posts, read 144,955 times

Advertisements

I think they can keep the deposit. Afterall, it was most likely used to build the place. I really hate walking away from that money; worse yet, I hate thinking about the higher HOA fees if only a few dozen close. On another note, my lender is ready for me to close and is not asking for 30%. Maybe the down payment depends on ones credit rating???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 AM

12 posts, read 46,335 times
Smile Opportunity

Although the economy is hurting and its immediate future is somewhat cloudy for the next year or two, if you believe we will eventually get out of this recession/depression, North Beach may wind up being a decent investment given the recent reductions in price of over 30% and assuming you have the financial ability to ride out the ups and downs over the next few years. Once closings start, the fear and apprehension to move forward will subside and some of those hesitant buyers will get on the bandwagon. For those buyer that don't elect to go ahead and close, their units will eventually be bought by other savy buyers maybe at lower prices. If you believe we are near the bottom of the real estate market, then North Beach will have nowhere to go but up in value. If it takes another year to sell the units that did not close, the Homeowner's fees may be higher in the short term, however, that will eventually work itself out.

Just trying to be a little positive in these difficult economic times!

Old 07-21-2009, 11:16 AM

43 posts, read 144,955 times
totally agree. It IS a beautiful place. My realtor just contacted me and said it is official........closings are NOW being scheduled. Yeah!

Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 PM

51 posts, read 155,389 times
ok you two enough gushing! I'm starting to think your both agents or worse your both the same person! Some of us are not going to be able to close and stand to lose allot. The situation REALLY sucks and we've done nothing wrong. I think class action suit is our next step. The contract was basically crap....
.... anyone else on board?

Old 07-21-2009, 12:59 PM

13 posts, read 40,746 times
Add us to the "gushers" list! We are totally thrilled to be closing on our condo at NBP! And to have the price adjusted to meet with current appraisals, it's become a very good investment.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:40 PM

I hope for your sake the developer continues to build all that has been promised, I've gotta wonder if it at all possible to staff such a large venture with so few HOA dues. Glad your all capable, but the little guy loses again....

.... bad taste, very bad taste. This was my first try at this, and with kids going into school and a slowdown in business this "failure" could not come at a worse time! Lesson learned, I guess, but we should not go away without a fight....

Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 PM

13 posts, read 40,746 times
Why are you worried about the HOA dues? It's in the master deed that the developer is responsible for any unsold units. The dues are assigned to the unit size, not the number of units closed.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:00 PM

Gusher!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:25 PM

90 posts, read 367,382 times
Provided the developer has enough money to kick in for HOA dues for a long time, those closing will be okay. I would be nervous, however.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:37 AM

Alright lets see, if this gets to personal let me know. It might not be any of my business, but....

How many of you already own property in Myrtle(vacation type condo or other location)and are you going to reside at NBP? Do you have to sell property to make this work? Is this just an investment and are you planning on renting this property? I guess my question is what is your plan for NBP.

I'll go first. Our intention was to buy and sell at some future date, renting to "make" mortgage payments. You might think the downturn would help us in a way but we did this on tight budgets and haven't got anymore to put up for our DP. All of us have college age kids and first mortgages. Its just not going to happen. What is everyone elses story....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area