Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM

90 posts, read 367,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deblarbran View Post
My husband and I have been trying to figure out the status of Northbeach. We have visited and found a couple of units on the lower floors and were ready to do a contract. Cannot get a definite answer from the realtors. They keep saying they will call us and we cannot find out anything. Can someone tell us anything about what's going on?

Thanks
I would try to find out why the owners and employees of the involved companies (i.e., Winchester and Scalise) who entered into sale contracts have not closed on their units and had them recorded. This is one of the main reasons I am reluctant to purchase at this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,070,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deblarbran View Post
My husband and I have been trying to figure out the status of Northbeach. We have visited and found a couple of units on the lower floors and were ready to do a contract. Cannot get a definite answer from the realtors. They keep saying they will call us and we cannot find out anything. Can someone tell us anything about what's going on?

Thanks
Thank you for posting this!

We were there, in late September, on a condo search. Visited the sales office at NBP to inquire about the towers and the salesman kept directing us to the new homes they are building on the highway side of the development.

We are not interested in another SF home but they did not seem to be interested in showing us anything in the towers. They were really pushing the single family homes. It was really weird!

I did manage to get a promotional packet for the condos, but never got past the gates.

We found it curious that they were not responding to our interest in the towers but rather promoting the few single family homes that we found to be architecturally insignificant, too close to the highway (far away from the beach) and not what we were looking for.

A very disappointing experience.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:33 AM

10 posts, read 34,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Thank you for posting this!

We were there, in late September, on a condo search. Visited the sales office at NBP to inquire about the towers and the salesman kept directing us to the new homes they are building on the highway side of the development.

We are not interested in another SF home but they did not seem to be interested in showing us anything in the towers. They were really pushing the single family homes. It was really weird!

I did manage to get a promotional packet for the condos, but never got past the gates.

We found it curious that they were not responding to our interest in the towers but rather promoting the few single family homes that we found to be architecturally insignificant, too close to the highway (far away from the beach) and not what we were looking for.

A very disappointing experience.
Most curious to say the least. I would suggest getting an independent local realtor and asking them to find out what is going on. They should be interested in your business and gaining your credibility.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:15 AM

7 posts, read 20,364 times
There is two developers involved. The north beach towers developer is winchester group, they are developing from the bridge to the ocean. The scalise group is building from the bridge to the entrance. Scalise has the sales office in the plantation house as you enter. Scalise is building the houses and selling them.

There is a sales desk on the 3rd floor of the towers and they also have models open to see.

You need to bypass the plantation house as you enter and go to the towers if you are interested in condos.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 AM

2 posts, read 5,008 times
Thank you all for you info. Were looking for a lower floor 2bd. I guess will just wait and see what happens when the realtor gets back to us. Its frustrating though when you go and look and find something and they say its available and then you hear nothing from them. You call and they say they will get back with you and you hear nothing. So, maybe will just be more patient. Thanks everyone for your reply.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 AM

43 posts, read 144,962 times
Try Boling Century 21......I can't imagine that they won't want to sell you a condo in the Towers

Old 10-21-2009, 09:43 AM

13 posts, read 40,749 times
Hi! deblarbran. I sent you a direct message. Noticed that you are a new poster to the site, so if you're not familiar, look at the top right corner of the site to access your direct messages.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,532 times
In response to 2DBEACH on bypassing the Scalise sales office. The Realtor I am working with at Scalise in the "Plantation House" has been very informative and professional. I was not pushed into viewing the houses, only given information about the houses as a part of the total development. Therefore, I do not feel your response to bypass the "plantation house" is justified.
Also, there are 3 real estate companies ( The Hoffman Group, Century 21 Boling, and Scalise Realty), that were selected by the developers of North Beach Towers to sale and market the project. These companies have, and continue to work with REALTOR's in the area to gain access to North Beach Plantation and current inventory.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:57 PM

12 posts, read 46,336 times
69 units at NBP have closed as of today. At the current pace should be around 100 by year-end.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,356 times
Evidently this project is complete and there have been closings. Does anybody have any updates on how things look?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area