Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 AM

117 posts, read 377,928 times

Advertisements

Legalize Cannabis for adults!
Liquor Stores close way too early!
Import a milder climate!
Transit could be improved although its not horrible unless you live in the boondocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 11:32 AM

540 posts, read 1,098,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Here's what I would imagine is a fair proposal for drinking in the state:

Liqour stores: Open until 10 p.m. M-R, 12 a.m. F-Sa, closed Sundays
Why keep them closed on Sundays?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:45 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,205,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
Why keep them closed on Sundays?
Religious purposes, or respect at least.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:09 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,660,727 times
Quote:
Yep. You're expected to respect someone else's religion, whether they respect yours or not... and they usually don't.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:12 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,391,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audadvnc View Post
Yep. You're expected to respect someone else's religion, whether they respect yours or not... and they usually don't.
In that case the state of Minnesota should ban all pork products from local grocery stores in order to properly respect the Jewish and Muslim religions. That way we could be the first completely Halal state in the country!

This is ridiculous. Let's break the levees and let the liquor flow 24/7!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:04 PM

143 posts, read 478,254 times
INDOOR PARKS! There really aren't enough of them, particularly in the long winter months. I live a few miles from the Conservatory at Como Park, but beyond that there really is little else. Downtown Saint Paul used to have the World's Largest Indoor Park (I think?) in Town Square -- it sure would be swell to reopen that. I don't know about anyone else, but I get stir crazy in the winter, and it's nice to go somewhere with ample trees and flowers so I can be reminded of the summer, but without little kid playgrounds.

I think this idea would contribute greatly to resident happiness in various cities!

That, and the sale of non 3.2 beer on Sundays would help, too. Or for those who prefer a healthier alternative, legalize cannibus

Old 12-08-2010, 03:19 PM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,068,731 times
Quote:
Ummm... many Christians I know of drink, including the people in my family are old enough too, and they just about never respect anyone else's religion. My dad couldn't go a day without craptalking scientists and other churches.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:45 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,660,727 times
Reminds me of one of my favorite double talkers, Newt Gingrich. Here he's explaining to his (2nd) wife why he's immune to God's Commandment against adultery:

"It doesn't matter what I do," he answered. "People need to hear what I have to say. There's no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn't matter what I live."

Old 12-08-2010, 07:22 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,205,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
Ummm... many Christians I know of drink, including the people in my family are old enough too, and they just about never respect anyone else's religion. My dad couldn't go a day without craptalking scientists and other churches.
Okay, I don't know why liquor stores aren't open on Sundays but I assumed it had to do with church. If you want to pass a new legislature for drinking you ought to probably start on the conservative side.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:29 PM

267 posts, read 559,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxster View Post
INDOOR PARKS! There really aren't enough of them, particularly in the long winter months. I live a few miles from the Conservatory at Como Park, but beyond that there really is little else. Downtown Saint Paul used to have the World's Largest Indoor Park (I think?) in Town Square -- it sure would be swell to reopen that. I don't know about anyone else, but I get stir crazy in the winter, and it's nice to go somewhere with ample trees and flowers so I can be reminded of the summer, but without little kid playgrounds.

I think this idea would contribute greatly to resident happiness in various cities!

That, and the sale of non 3.2 beer on Sundays would help, too. Or for those who prefer a healthier alternative, legalize cannibus
It's funny that you mention the indoor park thing. I had this brainstorm about a business idea - indoor dog park. Take some run down strip mall, like the one in Burnsville at Cty 5 and Burnsville Parkway, and put in a play area for dogs and walking track. I think my dogs are already going stir crazy.

Then I started thinking about all the issues like dog waste, barking, biting, ventilation, liability and most of all - what do you do in the 8 months when it's nice and nobody will pay?

Just another brainstorm that has no merit - unless you like it in which case you are free to steal my idea as long as I get a free pass to try it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul