Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 02:01 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
And Doctor's have to be licensed and educated, but that hasn't stopped a lot of people practicing medicine in Miami either. I guess we now know where the butchered horses end up...
<snip>
I can't even afford to breathe the air in a Whole Paycheck. (Foods).
Ugh, don't tell me that. I buy meat at Presidente because it's cheaper than meat sold elsewhere.
I sometimes shop at Whole Paycheck but only for specialty items that other stores don't carry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 02:57 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,632,152 times
I don't go cheap on food. I don't mind a decent price, but I never understood why people buy bargain crap to eat.

Whole Foods is great for a lot of things, as is Fresh Market. I actually find certain items cheaper at Whole Foods and Fresh Market than Publix sometimes. I don't eat meat, though, so I can't really get into that discussion. Have you guys tried Penn-Dutch for your meats?

Old 02-22-2016, 10:50 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,743,113 times
At least I can get fresh, organically grown produce within walking distance from my home, and it is free! As for meats the grocery stores in Hendry county are awful. Whole Foods smells funny to me, and it is far too expensive for most items. I have gotten meats from Penn-Dutch as well as veggies too, not a bad place and there are some deals too. Besides the I-95 location there is supposed to be another. Now for fresh meats I have had some local wildlife including road kill. There's a lot of Muscovy ducklings running around my yard that will eventually grow into nice fat ducks.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:46 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
How is their meat,seafood and produce awful?
Quality wise. Costco has better quality meat and seafood. Produce is very hit or miss with lots of misses. The east side is too far for me to go for groceries. A good half hour each way. For being the second highest rated grocery store in the country, I expect more. Just today - the deli - do you think they can sharpen the slicer blades once in a blue moon so customers can get nice even thin slices of deli meats? A top rated grocery store should be able to do this.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:01 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,967,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Ugh, don't tell me that. I buy meat at Presidente because it's cheaper than meat sold elsewhere.
I sometimes shop at Whole Paycheck but only for specialty items that other stores don't carry.
Nah, don't believe us. Horse meat is actually supposed to be very expensive.

She just probably had a bad experience. Some batches at Costco haven't impress me either. Sometimes it's luck.

I'm with Tallrick I can't stand how Wholefoods smell. Those nasty fragrant soap bars make me sick and every time I go there they are cooking seafood, yuck. Trader's Joe usually just smells like coffee.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,227 times
Lived in Hialeah many moons ago and I remember, lums on 49 St , army navy & eagle across from zayes and Intl house of pancakes,waterboggen and tropical roller rink by the palmetto,I lived on 29 th Street watched the horse trailers come down on their way to Hialeah horse track and Saturday nights at the speedway on Okeechobee road. I can even remember when The Kmart was built on 49th street. Every Saturday gong to Northside shopping center to the Sears Roebuck & Three Sisters stores then stop at the Royal Castle across on 27 Ave & 79 St. But the best memory growing up South Florida was all the things tourist things, Ocean World,Vizcaya, Monkey Jungle, the original Parrot Jungle, Seaquarium and the Crandon Park Zoo at the Beach

Old 04-10-2016, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,159 times
Hi folks-just found this forum and need help to settle a bet with my better half.
We"re trying to remember the name of the restaurant that was located at sw 97 Avenue and and 90 street (across the street from the west Kendall library) and now "Sports grill Kendall".

I say it was the "Swiss chalet" but she disagrees (as usual). If anybody can help, I'd really appreciate being right for once!

Old 04-10-2016, 02:04 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,898,505 times
I remember it being Steak and Ale. There was also one down Kendall around 147th Ave maybe but I don't remember exactly where. Anyone else remember?

Old 04-10-2016, 02:31 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,821,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysaiz View Post
Hi folks-just found this forum and need help to settle a bet with my better half.
We"re trying to remember the name of the restaurant that was located at sw 97 Avenue and and 90 street (across the street from the west Kendall library) and now "Sports grill Kendall".

I say it was the "Swiss chalet" but she disagrees (as usual). If anybody can help, I'd really appreciate being right for once!
Quote:
Originally Posted by valicky View Post
I remember it being Steak and Ale. There was also one down Kendall around 147th Ave maybe but I don't remember exactly where. Anyone else remember?
Valicky is correct, it was a Steak and Ale.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:35 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,834,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysaiz View Post

I remember that place as Swiss Chalet. Now a turkish one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami