Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times

Advertisements

I don't think the Blue color is idiotic... I think it's necessary, but if played right. Jacob, don't be afraid to add more colors, if anything a multicolored Miami would make the map look more diverse and more SPECIFIC

There should be more shades of Blue, maybe??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,032 times
Thank you SO much for this useful map. You don't have idea how well it has worked for us especially because we are in the process of finding a good place and it's VERY accurate.

I just wanted to slightly change some sections of Carol City from red to yellow. I have been there and found old peaceful neighborhoods there. It's kind of hard to tell where are red and where are yellow.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:47 AM

798 posts, read 1,460,032 times
Default Question

I saved your map in "my maps" in Google. If you update it, will it be updated too? or they are not synchronized?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:26 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
I saved your map in "my maps" in Google. If you update it, will it be updated too? or they are not synchronized?
I believe so (not 100% sure though), they're synchronized already; at least on mine it does; just mind that I think it takes 1-2 minutes to update from when it was actually updated and saved by me on the Google Map editor due to 'Cache'. And I made some changes on the West End of Carol City / Miami Gardens based on what you said (plus changed the Rolling Oaks / Scott Lake area in Miami Gardens' East End, which is not bad; and a few other minor ones I was going to make and am still doing today).

Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
I don't think the Blue color is idiotic... I think it's necessary, but if played right. Jacob, don't be afraid to add more colors, if anything a multicolored Miami would make the map look more diverse and more SPECIFIC

There should be more shades of Blue, maybe??
That is what I was discussing with r_k... I will probably move some areas (basically all the non-residential ones - like you said before - good idea) to a different blue (probably a very light blue). The rest is fine though - to avoid making it too complex and confusing to people; at first before releasing the map here I was only working with two greens, only afterwards I added a third one.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 AM

Implemented the light blue as Winterfront well suggested (also noted that in Crisp444's map he had a quite light gray for non-residential/industrial areas), also made a few changes to some areas.

Besides some boundaries/borders that have to be adjusted (there's some overlaps), plus a few very minor details; I believe this is basically the Final Version which I will be announcing next week. If there's more suggestions, keep them coming, now it's the best time - but afterwards I'll still keep it updated, including community based and changes to be made from input here.

Old 04-06-2013, 06:16 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,836 times
the area between Hialeah exprsway and palmetto in medley with housing is kinda shady... seen a car get striped out there...

and Fountainbleau area ... some areas have some issues...

Old 04-06-2013, 07:09 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I believe so (not 100% sure though), they're synchronized already; at least on mine it does; just mind that I think it takes 1-2 minutes to update from when it was actually updated and saved by me on the Google Map editor due to 'Cache'. And I made some changes on the West End of Carol City / Miami Gardens based on what you said (plus changed the Rolling Oaks / Scott Lake area in Miami Gardens' East End, which is not bad; and a few other minor ones I was going to make and am still doing today).
I think that the "Rolling Oaks" area should be blue.

Norland should also be blue north of Miami Gardens Drive and west of 2nd Ave.

That new blue area in NMB should also extend along Snake Creek.

Also, that area south of North Shore Hospital should be a yellow, maybe even a blue. The general area has a high crime rate, but you would be surprised at how well kept the homes and properties are around the lakes. It's certainly not worse than surrounding areas, that's for sure.

Fountainbleau should be a yellow. There is plenty of riff raff there.

Everything north of Bird Road west of the turnpike is nothing special to say the least. It is basically like west Hialeah but with some larger homes mixed in. The whole area going up to 8th Street should be blue.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 04-06-2013 at 07:29 PM..

Old 04-06-2013, 09:13 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Broward County will be a ghetto one day also as more immigrants keep moving in until all South Florida is a dump, sad bit it eventually will happen

Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 PM

To Compelled and somebodymiami, I've put your ideas into action, you can see in the map; the only two major details is that I've checked on that area from Bird Rd to 8th St (which is mostly Tamiami), and is fine and slightly above average, and due to the crime stats and avg. income (it's better on both than nearly all of Kendall) - plus other factors - I will retain as it is - the worse areas are already in blue. That bit in Medley is shoddy, but overall it's a nearly fully industrial area, so I'll keep the special light blue color made for fully/mostly non-residential areas (but I'll work on the description soon to better fit the new color).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami