Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 10:49 AM

984 posts, read 4,317,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Alex is just pissed because he is not in a green area. The maps is accurate and I would only make a few minor changes.
I don't know, maybe yes.

And you can give your suggestions, they would be very welcome; especially as I'm still finishing doing a review of the map and fixing a few things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 11:13 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I don't know, maybe yes.

And you can give your suggestions, they would be very welcome; especially as I'm still finishing doing a review of the map and fixing a few things.
is it possible you could do an update on the counties flood map? I find there map very unreliable when it comes to the summertime floods we get.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
is it possible you could do an update on the counties flood map? I find there map very unreliable when it comes to the summertime floods we get.
Sorry, but that ain't my specialty. If I could, I'd do it.

I know you're really properly knowledgeable about weather, I was thinking of buying a home weather station (one in the $70-120 price range), especially as the rainy season has began, do you think it's worthy? Or there are ones (from some brands) that are worth it and others that aren't?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:00 PM

229 posts, read 533,947 times
Quote:

I know you're really properly knowledgeable about weather, I was thinking of buying a home weather station (one in the $70-120 price range), especially as the rainy season has began, do you think it's worthy? Or there are ones (from some brands) that are worth it and others that aren't?
Are you still working on the third county map?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
Are you still working on the third county map?
Still going, it's going slowly but it's getting better. I'm gonna close the review of the two current maps (Broward and Miami-Dade) this weekend so I can spend more time with the PBC map and to go over there (on the forum) for more details/info to continue it.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:24 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Here are some minor changes that I would make to the map.

Between 76 st and 80 st and 117 ave and the turnpike I would change from blue to light green. I wouldn't make Kendall Indian Hammocks park blue either.

Richmond Heights is now half yellow half blue. I would make it all yellow or at least expand the yellow area.

Between 248 st and 256 st and 144 ave and 147 ave I would change from orange to light green like the rest of Redland.

Between 35 st and 39 st and 57 ave and 58 ave I would change it from blue to light green.

All of Sweetwater west of 107 ave from half yellow/half blue to all yellow.

Between 24 st and 25 st and 108 ct and 112 ave I would change from light green to blue.

The big one would be Westchester blue and Cutler Bay light green. I would have made them both the same color. I consider them similar. Cutler Bay might even be worse since it borders red, orange and yellow areas.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:

well it depends really on how open your home is to the elements. I mean if you live in an apartment or condo I wouldn't buy it because you couldn't get an accurate reading. the only way you could make that work is if you got permission from the owner of the building to put it on the roof. if You live in a single home with your own roof and yard then it could be worth it. As for what brands to get I really couldn't help you there as I've never owned full weather station but I do know that just like with most things you can buy some are really cheap and shoddy while others as so good they could be used for the NWS. In my opinion getting a weather station isn't worth the money unless meteorology is your hobby and passion. besides the initial 100$ or so upkeep begins to become time consuming and costly as the weathering takes it's toll. if you want a more accurate reading of the weather in your area just go to wunderground.com the local stations are pretty reliable though sometimes they can be off. Hope that helps .

Old 05-22-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
well it depends really on how open your home is to the elements. I mean if you live in an apartment or condo I wouldn't buy it because you couldn't get an accurate reading. the only way you could make that work is if you got permission from the owner of the building to put it on the roof. if You live in a single home with your own roof and yard then it could be worth it. As for what brands to get I really couldn't help you there as I've never owned full weather station but I do know that just like with most things you can buy some are really cheap and shoddy while others as so good they could be used for the NWS. In my opinion getting a weather station isn't worth the money unless meteorology is your hobby and passion. besides the initial 100$ or so upkeep begins to become time consuming and costly as the weathering takes it's toll. if you want a more accurate reading of the weather in your area just go to wunderground.com the local stations are pretty reliable though sometimes they can be off. Hope that helps .
Thanks; and yeah, probably it isn't worth it...also there's somebody with a station not really far at all from here in Wunderground. Plus there's NOAA/NWS which is pretty good City-wide and the other more popular sources.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Here are some minor changes that I would make to the map.

Between 76 st and 80 st and 117 ave and the turnpike I would change from blue to light green. I wouldn't make Kendall Indian Hammocks park blue either.

Richmond Heights is now half yellow half blue. I would make it all yellow or at least expand the yellow area.

Between 248 st and 256 st and 144 ave and 147 ave I would change from orange to light green like the rest of Redland.

Between 35 st and 39 st and 57 ave and 58 ave I would change it from blue to light green.

All of Sweetwater west of 107 ave from half yellow/half blue to all yellow.

Between 24 st and 25 st and 108 ct and 112 ave I would change from light green to blue.

The big one would be Westchester blue and Cutler Bay light green. I would have made them both the same color. I consider them similar. Cutler Bay might even be worse since it borders red, orange and yellow areas.
Will take a look at all of them before the weekend, and based on what I've seem, I'll implement all of them besides the Cutler Bay/Westchester one. Although I'll give these areas a second look and put them more similarly rated and do a few specific changes in both. Thanks for the tips!

Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Will take a look at all of them before the weekend, and based on what I've seem, I'll implement all of them besides the Cutler Bay/Westchester one. Although I'll give these areas a second look and put them more similarly rated and do a few specific changes in both. Thanks for the tips!
you should upgrade Westchester to light green
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami