Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 04:44 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times

Advertisements

I believe that if you buy a property here you can possibly get some sort of differentiated visa; I'm no expert at that though - worth researching more on Google.

And as a holiday home I personally would probably choose somewhere in SW Florida (Naples and Sarasota for example, excellent places); unless you want to be in or near a more active and larger city, then maybe somewhere in Palm Beach County or Broward (like Weston, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, etc.). In these places you're not far from Miami (nor from West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, the two other major cities of SoFL) and still enjoy the upsides of very pleasant, well kept and quite safe neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_k View Post
Great. Please do let us know here also as I and probably many other members don't visit those forums regularly.
Will do!

Old 04-19-2013, 10:22 AM

633 posts, read 1,735,035 times
I like this map. I am sure it was a lot of work! Great job!

Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 AM

318 posts, read 624,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've made - remembering Crisp444 properly useful map - a new map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating to Miami-Dade.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a Beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just Copy (right click on the link and Copy) and Paste the following link on the Google Maps Search and click on Search (or click Enter - both ways work): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...237cd0fd254811 (Only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in KML format, this way you can also see it on Google Earth) Otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking Previous and Next down in the Map Description.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...237cd0fd254811
Your map is not accurate.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Your map is not accurate.
Well, it is. It simply is. Obviously it will never be perfect or really good for everybody due to personal points of view (like yours), but this was based mostly on a fact finding mission with community input, so it's basically as FACTUAL as it will get. Besides that, if you have proper suggestions, just mention it here.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:46 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,106,641 times
Quote:
Well, it is. It simply is. Obviously it will never be perfect or really good for everybody due to personal points of view (like yours), but this was based mostly on a fact finding mission with community input, so it's basically as FACTUAL as it will get. Besides that, if you have proper suggestions, just mention it here.
I like the update to the map changing the trailer park to yellow like it should be and the area around FIU south to light green. i'm just wondering though why do u not expand the light green further? I mean I really did'nt see a difference between the area in light green from the areas in blue to the south east. I would say everything between 8th street and 40th street sw and between the turnpike to 57th ave should be light green. how u feel about it?

Old 04-21-2013, 07:15 PM

I'll take a look; and I will probably do it, approximately like you said - on the next round updates, within a few days. The facts back it up, that area is kind of like parts of Kendall and neighboring Tamiami. Pretty reasonable, nice and quite above average crime numbers.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:25 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,106,641 times
Quote:
I'll take a look; and I will probably do it, approximately like you said - on the next round updates, within a few days. The facts back it up, that area is kind of like parts of Kendall and neighboring Tamiami. Pretty reasonable, nice and quite above average crime numbers.
all right tahnks.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_k View Post
Great. Please do let us know here also as I and probably many other members don't visit those forums regularly.
Just to let everybody know, the Broward map is finished and already released at the Fort Lauderdale Forum: https://www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...-new-post.html

The next updates to the Miami-Dade will be made around the next weekend, and the works on the Palm Beach County map should begin as well.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:18 AM

53 posts, read 103,433 times
What do you think it's a good area inhabited by educated latinos and / or liberal white (non wasp's or similar) with an adequate balance between the English and Spanish languages. Family oriented between the colors green and blue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami