Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:51 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,189,878 times

Advertisements

Great, thanks for the superfast update! Re. color, it's a tough call, I think the brain tends to put blue on the other side of red automatically. You could try a very light blue if it's easy and see how it looks. A very pale yellow or very pale green may be worth trying also.

I have long wished for an updated version of the map, so many thanks for putting it up. Hopefully more people with knowledge of specific areas will provide input. I know I will be using it. Surprising there isn't a version of these for every city. Maybe a missed opportunity for Google?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 07:43 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,322,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I used actually NE 29th St as a border on the Midtown development, as it has about two empty fields which may become nice bldgs. or somethin'; and the east end of Midtown (Edgewater mostly) I changed to light green (the 1st one above blue), as it's a up and coming area, has a large number of nice bldgs. and it's well located, so I think it deserves a little more than the blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I think part of the problem is that you really can't say an area is nice yet if something isn't built there and it's just something like an empty lot. Unless construction has started it's just hope, not reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Coconut1, I basically think the same way actually, but I can't let my personal bias/thoughts stray much into the map.

I gotta go with facts, statistics, the community's consensus, and general opinions also;
I guess I'm confused then. If we all agree that you can't base the desirability of an area off possible future projects- projects that haven't even broke ground, then how does that make the facts say it's a desirable area?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:10 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
I see nothing wrong with the midtown development shading. I live very close to midtown and when I go eat at the places just South of NE 29th I park right there on the edge of the green at night. Zero problems walking there at night and the lots will be developed in the near future.

However the Bay Point shade is too large. Just bring it a bit more North. The most southern road of Bay Point is there on Sabal Palm Road. Make the homes on the south end of Sabal Palm Rd the border. Behind those homes are some rather old and somewhat inexpensive places. That should be light green. You can also use where Weichert relators are on the map. That is the border of Bay Point.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:33 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Coconut1, just a little misunderstanding ; what I think personally about that area is that it is overrated, and I have some doubts about the up and coming thing. But the general consensus, facts (like avg. income, crime rates, crime trends, avg. home prices, ESRI data, community newspapers, opinions here on the forum and elsewhere, etc); and FlyMIA, who lives near the area and knows a lot about it, show that the map is fine in that regard.

And FlyMIA, I'll fix that thing about Bay Point as you said tomorrow (now it's late, hehe).

Old 03-30-2013, 01:25 AM

Oh, I forgot to answer r_k about the color ; today I tried two shades of a light blue, in a few areas; it's a decent idea, but I'll have to analyze more (that would be trying all blue areas with these lighter shades of blue and to see what's best). The main issue would be that the light blue is kind of similar to the light green already used on the map, so maybe it is a bit better as it is now. But I'll do the thing I said and explore further options.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,745,517 times
I think you did really good with this map but maybe some areas or rather "pockets" need to be pointed out. For example from 92 ave east to tropical park along miller road is a very nice area with a lot of mansions, especially around catalina lake. Also from 102 ave to say 97 ave from miller road south up to sunset very big lots with 800k homes. I am only stating this because I have lived in that area for over thirty years and went to some of the schools so I am very familiar with the wealth pockets.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
I think you did really good with this map but maybe some areas or rather "pockets" need to be pointed out. For example from 92 ave east to tropical park along miller road is a very nice area with a lot of mansions, especially around catalina lake. Also from 102 ave to say 97 ave from miller road south up to sunset very big lots with 800k homes. I am only stating this because I have lived in that area for over thirty years and went to some of the schools so I am very familiar with the wealth pockets.
I will definitely do the changes based on what you said to reflect that properly soon today.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:45 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
Oh Jacob, you did this new revision? This one is much more realistic than the previous one. At least my neighborhood is fairly rated now.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:27 AM

I did it indeed, WINTERFRONT. If you have any suggestions, just shout it out here.

Today, I will do a set of small updates/changes in some areas throughout the County to improve its accuracy based on research I did very recently. Mainly in North Miami, the north end of the Upper East Side area, North Beach and Homestead. After they're done, I'll make a few changes should there be somebody with more knowledge in any area County-wide (everybody can continue making the suggestions here), as next week I will deem the map to be a Final Version - although I will make updates/adjustments in the future, and talk with the Mod to try to put it as a Sticky in this Forum.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 AM

4,968 posts, read 10,194,475 times
Oh cool, man

Would it be possible to add just one more color? Just one? like a bridge between the light green and the blue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami