Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 10:55 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,128,287 times

Advertisements

Here's an old thread that's similar, just in case anybody's interested:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...hborhoods.html

There was another one that I can't find, where it also did a rating system (I forget whether it was 1-5 or 1-10. I know somewhere in that discussion, somebody mentioned Little Haiti south of 54th Street as being a 2).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
I actually took that map as a base (the Crisp444's reference in my first post), it's still a helpful map. With the help of the people here, some fact finding, plus knowledge; this new and updated/improved map was made.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:54 PM

6 posts, read 44,801 times
Hello

I am looking to buy in Homestead and looking at your map not really sure what to do? I have been told that to Zip codes to buy in are 33033 and 33035 how safe are these areas please.
Any advice would be appreciated..

Fay

Old 04-15-2013, 02:43 PM

The 33035 zip code is mainly the Keys Gate area (which is that area in light green in the southeast end of the Homestead area), which is mostly fine and safe, plus cheap housing prices - although it's very far from Downtown and the beaches and it has a few safety issues in specific spots - and the 33033 is various areas of Homestead and unincorporated Homestead (including all of Leisure City, which is a downright bad neighborhood). But the east end and the northwest end of 33033 (represented by blue - just west of the US-1 / and the area just east of the Turnpike - also blue - in the map).

I have a friend who lives within 33033 (east of the Turnpike) in a gated large complex, while it's mostly fine and very cheap and the houses are nice and spacious, it has some serious safety issues and the area is generally downhill (her car was vandalized, and residential burglaries are commonplace). It's also pretty far from (nearly) everything. She kind of regrets moving from Kendall to there.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:01 PM

Many thanks JacobMax

Any ideas where I could buy ? I was considering Boca Raton ? but then advised Homestead which would be better.

Thanks

Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 PM

No problem, glad to help!

Boca Raton is all the way in the south end of Palm Beach County, which is already nearly another Metropolitan region (Metro West Palm Beach); Homestead is, in the south end as well, but of Miami-Dade County (Metro Miami). Boca is much better, besides a few of its neighborhoods, than Homestead (even the Keys Gate area, which is not bad at all). To help you more precisely you should give the info on where you'd be commuting to, if you gonna be looking for a job or if you're working from home. Also a housing budget if possible.

Well, in UK terms (I really like your Country - know quite a bit about it), these places really aren't even near the quality of life standards of Chipping Norton or Cheltenham, for example. But there are better areas more well located and nicer and safer in parts of the County (and in parts of Broward County - just to the north of here - as well).

Old 04-16-2013, 04:42 AM

71 posts, read 142,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've made - remembering Crisp444 properly useful map - a new map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating to Miami-Dade.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a Beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just Copy (right click on the link and Copy) and Paste the following link on the Google Maps Search and click on Search (or click Enter - both ways work): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...237cd0fd254811 (Only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in KML format, this way you can also see it on Google Earth) Otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking Previous and Next down in the Map Description.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...237cd0fd254811
It would be nice to make one for Broward County, too.
Thanks, OP

Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 AM

The Broward one is already in the works, and in its final stages. It will be released in the FTL Forum soon. After that, there will be a Palm Beach County map as well.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 PM
r_k

836 posts, read 2,189,878 times
Great. Please do let us know here also as I and probably many other members don't visit those forums regularly.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM

Thank you Jacob for your help, I lived in Cheltenham for a little while, but now living in Wiltshire due to my Job it is nice here too. Our plan is to sell our property in France and buy a property in Florida as our holiday home, and when we are retired we can spend our winters in Florida and the summer in the UK.

Unfortunately we can only spend a maximum of 6 months a year in America due to Visa regulations, however going to be doing a few viewings when we come over for a holiday in June and looking forward to it, you guys are so lucky to be living there permanently...

Thanks again Fay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami