Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 03:41 PM

52 posts, read 118,918 times

Advertisements

Agreed. Miami Beach and especially the southern portion has many problems. Other areas have improved their situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 05:01 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times
Anyone with a LINK to the infamous Map ? ? ? ?

I wanna see if my Area remains DECENT, I believe it is, but just in case ....?

Old 09-11-2021, 05:14 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huasho View Post
Anyone with a LINK to the infamous Map ? ? ? ?

I wanna see if my Area remains DECENT, I believe it is, but just in case ....?
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...467761234&z=10

The OP also created a walkibility and crime map but it wants my ad blocker removed, I didn't do that so I didn't look at these maps on this post: https://www.city-data.com/forum/31300706-post156.html

Old 09-11-2021, 05:49 PM

10,951 posts, read 3,689,039 times
Gracias SB, as usual . . .

Old 10-08-2022, 09:48 AM

215 posts, read 200,120 times
how is biscayne boulevard around the new yorker boutique hotel. is it a decent area now, or what? what about a few blocks to its west?

Old 12-11-2022, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,655 times
Ηello guys.This thread seems to be one of the most interesting.Every future Miamian wants resl information & real life impressions for the Mia neighbourhoods.One very good area,close to Miami Beach seems to be Miami Shores ...Any person who lives in that area to comment..?

Old 12-12-2022, 08:04 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,320,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvanitarasmiami View Post
Ηello guys.This thread seems to be one of the most interesting.Every future Miamian wants resl information & real life impressions for the Mia neighbourhoods.One very good area,close to Miami Beach seems to be Miami Shores ...Any person who lives in that area to comment..?
I love Miami Shores! Great location, just north of Upper East side (MiMo), close to the beach. I heard from a local real estate agent that a lot of the homes originally built in MS were built/designed by the same builder that did a lot of the homes in Coral Gables. So you find a lot of charming 2 and 3 bd homes in Miami Shores with fireplaces, exposed vaulted ceilings, Spanish tile roofs.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,655 times
Thanx,bro..

Old 03-09-2023, 08:51 AM

415 posts, read 649,794 times
Overall great map. Not sure when it was last updated but considering this thread is pinned to the top I think it should probably be updated as its not giving new people to the area an accurate reflection of many of these neighborhoods in 2023.

Specific example:

Buena Vista North of the Design District (Above Average): However most the homes that have sold in this area are in the $1M+ range. Anything sold lower than that is being bought and renovated. With homes in the $1M - $2M range this is well above average.

Buena Vista (Below Average): Homes here are around $750k. Older homes being bought to renovate are around $500k and the nicer renovated homes get up to $1M. I don't see how this could be considered a below average neighborhood anymore.

Wynoood (Mostly Non Residential): Over the last few years we have built thousands of units in this neighborhood. This is one of the most desirable neighborhoods from a rental aspect.

Spring Garden (Below Average): You'd be hard pressed to get a house in this neighborhood for under $1M. Some of the houses are condos are actually on the river with docks. This neighborhood is well above average.

North Miami Beach (Below Average): You have buildings that are now a few years old at this point charging $2200+ for studios. https://livelazul.com/floorplans/apply/#k=63884 Not sure how this can be a below average area.

Liberty City (Overall all bad/ deteriorating areas): While this is a large area most of the area near I95 are homes that are being renovated and sold for $400k - $550k. how can an area be deteriorating if the homes are being renovated and sold for more.

Overall I get the sense that the scale should be adjusted. The inner city red area like Overtown, Liberty City and Little River have leap froged to Blue (Average). All of the Yellow areas should be pushed up to Average as well to. Then all of the Orange areas should be pushed up to Yellow.

For example West Coconut Grove is orange which is "Mostly bad areas, shoddy aspect and unsafe". Meanwhile you have brand new homes being built and sold for over $2M+. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3...43860946_zpid/

Yellow should probably be the lowest for whole neighborhood then specific areas within thoughs neighborhoods could be highlighted as orange or red to highlight the danger zones withing them.

Old 07-08-2023, 08:58 AM

82 posts, read 101,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
I've made - remembering Crisp444 properly useful map - a new map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability.

The link to it is at the end on this opening post. This should be useful to a great number of people relocating or thinking of relocating to Miami-Dade.

Notes: Input/comments to make further updates soon on the map are very appreciated. It's a Beta project.

Additionally, if you can't see all the areas in the map at the same time on the link at the end of the post, just Copy (right click on the link and Copy) and Paste the following link on the Google Maps Search and click on Search (or click Enter - both ways work): https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...237cd0fd254811 (Only click on this link itself if you wish to download the map in KML format, this way you can also see it on Google Earth) Otherwise, you can just go through the pages and see the neighborhoods page by page, by clicking Previous and Next down in the Map Description.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...237cd0fd254811
I do not see a color legend that tells what each color means
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami