Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 12:44 PM

6 posts, read 22,210 times

Advertisements

Hi JacobMAX-By any chance do you have an updated 2016 map of Miami ( you know, your map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability)? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 03:11 PM

10 posts, read 17,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buenop View Post
Hi JacobMAX-By any chance do you have an updated 2016 map of Miami ( you know, your map with updates/adjustments covering all neighborhoods and Cities within Miami-Dade County rated by general quality of life/desirability)? Thank you!
Yeah I would love to see this. The map is very useful, but from what I can tell it's not accurate as the housing market is pretty quick in Miami. Sounds like areas like Wynwood are now more upmarket, but are still marked as unsafe on the map.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 PM

52 posts, read 119,073 times
I agree some of the map has changed since 2013. What areas would you all agree has changed for the better or the worse? I would think but have no statistical evidence that areas like Wynwood and East Buena Vista have probably improved.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:30 PM

this map was a great addition to this post. if the creator of the map isn't available anymore why don't all of us comment with possible changes to this map now in 2016.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 8,348 times
Hi,I'm looking to relocate to the Miami dade area and wondered if any updates were made to the map? If anyone can reply.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:05 AM

Looks like someone took the time to update the Miami Dade crime map recently. Any opinions on the changes?

Old 08-25-2017, 07:43 AM

1,049 posts, read 960,547 times
Just looked at it, and while some changes make sense, others do not. For example:

The 163 st corridor between NE 12th and West Dixie in NMB is the same shade as West Perrine, Goulds, and Allapattah? Seriously?? It should be yellow. If Wynwood is shaded yellow so should East Little Havana

And then they put a small section between NE 6th ave and Dixie between NW 142nd St and NW 138th as blue, that area is no different then the rest of the neighborhood shaded in yellow.

Not sure why there are three different shades of green now, or what they even mean at this point. Silver Bluff and the area of the Grove along US-1 just south of 32nd ave are a very light green, I used to live there and some of the areas shaded in blue are nicer than the ones shaded in light green.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:47 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Indeed I have recently made a few updates throughout it. It's been a long while and due to massive life issues and a temporary relocation out of the US meant I couldn't keep up with the maps, especially as it is very complex and there are too many factors involved in changing it, essentially in the same way as when it was made after a large amount of work.

The updates are being highly challenging due to the fact my sources are recent but not really 100% updated, changes happen a lot, Google has simplified and worsened the My Maps service I use, as well as fact that there are some areas that are quite 'messy' due to thorough changes since a few years ago, among others. Additionally I'm trying to take a more 'factual/statistical' route in updating it to avoid inaccuracies - for example actually I personally disagree with some info in my own map, as I will not 'infect' it with mine or other's people opinions, unless there's some more data or a consensus behind it.

However what I have to say is that it will be updated with time (I'd say after a few months), but meanwhile it will improve its accuracy and will reflect reality more closely, but some mistakes are bound to happen especially in those 'messy' areas, but I'll try avoiding that the most I can.

I won't frequent the forum too much, but will on this thread (and the same with Broward and the PBC when it comes to their maps soon). Suggestions from locals are really appreciated, but I have to check local data to apply changes accurately.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:55 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
Just looked at it, and while some changes make sense, others do not. For example:

The 163 st corridor between NE 12th and West Dixie in NMB is the same shade as West Perrine, Goulds, and Allapattah? Seriously?? It should be yellow. If Wynwood is shaded yellow so should East Little Havana

And then they put a small section between NE 6th ave and Dixie between NW 142nd St and NW 138th as blue, that area is no different then the rest of the neighborhood shaded in yellow.

Not sure why there are three different shades of green now, or what they even mean at this point. Silver Bluff and the area of the Grove along US-1 just south of 32nd ave are a very light green, I used to live there and some of the areas shaded in blue are nicer than the ones shaded in light green.
Actually the whole Coral Way/Grove area is one of my troubles now, send more info if you can that would be helpful.

North Miami is another one I'm changing; and I did find that section slightly, but significantly, better enough than the rest of the area around area, after checking some stats. Ideally it would between blue and yellow, but it's not possible.

NMB around that area has excessive amounts of crime, the income is too low, house prices too, and poverty is higher so it does warrant more of an orange rather than yellow, however a couple of sections will move to yellow, I still have to look more in depth.

Wynwood I didn't do anything really but I'll come around it later, it's outdated currently.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:06 PM

1,049 posts, read 960,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMAX View Post
Actually the whole Coral Way/Grove area is one of my troubles now, send more info if you can that would be helpful.

North Miami is another one I'm changing; and I did find that section slightly, but significantly, better enough than the rest of the area around area, after checking some stats. Ideally it would between blue and yellow, but it's not possible.

NMB around that area has excessive amounts of crime, the income is too low, house prices too, and poverty is higher so it does warrant more of an orange rather than yellow, however a couple of sections will move to yellow, I still have to look more in depth.

Wynwood I didn't do anything really but I'll come around it later, it's outdated currently.
The Coral Way/Grove area is weird, I get why it's such a checkerboard but for the most part the areas between Coral Way and US1 and north of 32nd/South of 17th are pretty much the same with regards to crime, home values, and general aesthetic.

In my experience the area of NMB north of the canal on 163rd st and east of 19 ave all the way up to 183rd is more of a blue shade. The area has much higher home values than the area south and west of the canal. Also significantly less crime. The areas to the east of 19 ave near the train tracks are probably ok how they are but it's probably more of a yellow than orange.

For me the orange shade signifies a very low income and unsafe area, that region isn't that unsafe and it sure doesn't seem all that low income either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami