Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2023, 08:52 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I recently came across this safety plan put out by Daniel Cameron in July. Here's a link but the summary is:

Cameron's Public Safety Plan includes the following points:

-Increase recruiting and retention of police officers
-Pass a bill that requires prosecutors to pursue the death penalty for people convicted of killing an officer
-Block civilian review boards from getting subpoena power
-Highlight and honor police at key events such as National Police Week, Faith and Blue, and National Night Out
-Add a Kentucky State Police post in Louisville
-Pass a statewide wiretapping law for state police to aid in investigation on drug and gang-related crimes
-Reform the parole board by increasing the vote threshold for release and giving the governor power to remove members at-will
-Increase penalties for drug traffickers who kill Kentuckians
-Mandatory DNA collection for the most heinous crimes
-Pass standalone carjacking statute
-Advocate for group violence intervention to reduce gang violence

Some of this just seems like common sense and I'm surprised it isn't already in place
https://www.whas11.com/article/news/...3-12ecf52337c1
Cameron's got my vote, I like his plan, and yes, these should already be in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 02:09 PM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times
I thought this was a good read about the election.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sist...on-day-n574693

Old 09-11-2023, 09:35 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,037 times
Just another reason...

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/03/26/unem...I7JGWB66CAvfo8

Old 09-13-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
what is so annoying is, the fact that these politicians stand up in front of all of us and report that THEY created jobs, and they all do it....and it's time we as Americans stand up to this type of misleading information, and let them know they didn't create jobs, what they did is help to give the company who is trying to decide on coming into the region a tax break, for doing so...

Andy Beshear had nothing to do with creating job, b/c it was one industrial company he did this for, that I know of, and please correct me if I'm wrong, so he indirectly helped to create jobs, b/c the company chose to set up a plant in Kentucky due to the huge tax break they were promised....

But Andy Himself or no other politician created jobs....what they did was made an attractive offer to the industrial companies to build in the states....which certainly cuts down on unemployment.

But this is why we have to be careful b/c no matter what side of the coin we're on, if the articles are written or backed by a certain party, they could be propaganda....and trust me, I do not like Beshear at all....he is a liar....and he hasn't done all the things he has proclaimed to do....and was instrumental in shutting down businesses, driving them broke.....and refusing people to go to church, and lied about certain meds that were helpful during a time of need....

anyway, I think it's important for Americans to gain the knowledge and ask, Exactly how did you create Jobs? We need to start asking questions and not simply take their word for it....
and never ever allow any politician to shut us down again....period.

Old 09-13-2023, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I recently came across this safety plan put out by Daniel Cameron in July. Here's a link but the summary is:

Cameron's Public Safety Plan includes the following points:

-Increase recruiting and retention of police officers
-Pass a bill that requires prosecutors to pursue the death penalty for people convicted of killing an officer
-Block civilian review boards from getting subpoena power
-Highlight and honor police at key events such as National Police Week, Faith and Blue, and National Night Out
-Add a Kentucky State Police post in Louisville
-Pass a statewide wiretapping law for state police to aid in investigation on drug and gang-related crimes
-Reform the parole board by increasing the vote threshold for release and giving the governor power to remove members at-will
-Increase penalties for drug traffickers who kill Kentuckians
-Mandatory DNA collection for the most heinous crimes
-Pass standalone carjacking statute
-Advocate for group violence intervention to reduce gang violence

Some of this just seems like common sense and I'm surprised it isn't already in place
https://www.whas11.com/article/news/...3-12ecf52337c1
These are all good items, but if the judicial system was reformed that would also be a big help.
I don't believe civilians understand just how many times a criminal is arrested over and over and over again....most criminals that are arrested, well to put it mildly it isn't their first rodeo....

Do you know how many tax dollars of our money is wasted on criminals who are arrested. Consider the time one officer put into the paper work of the arrest...that time we are paying for when that officer could be out on the job helping others, but b/c this particular criminal was given a light sentence over and over again, he/she is once again out free walking the streets, who is a life time criminal....and should be placed in prision for years...not months, not plea bargans, nor a light sentence, but in jail for life.

Recently we had a police officer shot, and brutally wounded so much so that his career as a police officer is over....by a career criminal who was a menace to society and should have been in prison for life.....that is what needs to change...build more prisons and put them away for a long long time.

Old 09-13-2023, 12:08 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Andy has his "fan girl" base, including almost every female teacher in the state, who act like groupies and worship the ground he walks on. It's so ridiculous! But it'll get him re-elected...

Old 09-13-2023, 12:43 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Andy has his "fan girl" base, including almost every female teacher in the state, who act like groupies and worship the ground he walks on. It's so ridiculous! But it'll get him re-elected...
(Cough*Cough) I can promise you, that is not true.

Old 09-13-2023, 12:58 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
(Cough*Cough) I can promise you, that is not true.
Well, you must be the rare exception. Every middle-aged Democrat woman I personally know is absolutely smitten with him. It's sickening!

Old 09-13-2023, 03:52 PM

Well I am not but I’m not middle aged but know a lot of people who are not his groupies, far from it
I guess time will tell

Old 09-13-2023, 10:49 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,037 times
I ran across this in my archives...I haven't heard a word about, "The Virus", in little andy's campaign. I wouldn't either now that we are learning more everyday about what a scam it was.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/13...r-the-country/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky