Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 01:45 PM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
I guess you all remember this, way back in 2020...I sure have.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...Xwkv7M8id8xo9w

Comply...not a chance!!

for yourself
Thanks for sharing the article. I hadn't seen that one before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 02:44 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,037 times
And then we have this...way back in 2021.

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/03/13/viru...E9uLW4k22iFzAU

Old 08-25-2023, 05:58 AM

From watching the campaign commercials coming from Beshear, one would think he was running against former governor Matt Bevin rather than Daniel Cameron.

Old 08-26-2023, 08:56 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
From watching the campaign commercials coming from Beshear, one would think he was running against former governor Matt Bevin rather than Daniel Cameron.
Yes I've see it several times, but either way, both candidates are certainly not a good choice, they are puppets for the establishment, and you know how I feel about ol' Andy.

Don't know to much about Cameron, but not many people like him either....they do say he was as corrupt as Bevin? I don't know if that's true...

but yes, you are right, that IS what it seems like.....

I just want to chock when they try to push Andy into the limelight as such a wonderful guy

Old 08-27-2023, 08:55 AM

Cameron is coming to my small town in a few days and meeting people in a little cafe. I have to give him credit for doing that. Beshear has been here a few times, but only for photo ops pretending he's giving away his personal money. As far as I know, he's never spent the time to meet the regular people here. He's here, has his picture taken and gets out of town quickly.

Last edited by marino760; 08-27-2023 at 09:06 AM..

Old 08-27-2023, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Cameron is coming to my small town in a few days and meeting people in a little cafe. I have to give him credit for doing that. Beshear has been here a few times, but only for photo ops pretending he's giving away his personal money. As far as I know, he's never spent the time to meet the regular people here. He's here, has his picture taken and gets out of town quickly.
WEll, I certainly hope the people he meets with asks him the hard questions, like why did you follow along with Bevin's mishandlings....what do you intend to do for the people of Kentucky? What's your stand on other issues....

People have to start asking these politicians the hard questions...in an adult and controlled way...that's the only way you get answers, and then we have to discern the answers, watch if they figit, try to read their body language...etc....it's a hard job, but we've all got to do it....I wish to these candidates would address the public....I believe when they stay away from doing that, signifies their afraid of the questions that might be asked. I'd love to sit down with Beshear....honestly I would....I'd have a whole lot of questions written down on paper to ask him. I hope your small town does the same....as a matter of fact, maybe ask if you could record the conversation?

I believe "we the people" have forgotten how to do our homework....do our own research....and have been trained to believe what they tell us....seriouisly, believe that.

I'd love to hear how that visit went, please come back and let us know. He may not be the bad guy Beshear is reporting him to be?

Old 08-28-2023, 07:16 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Cameron will have similar views and policies as Bevin.

Old 08-29-2023, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Cameron will have similar views and policies as Bevin.
They say that Bevin was corrupt, however, why? What did he do? What were these policies tht Cameron will have?
Wasn't living here when Bevin was in office, so I'd be interested in knowing....

Thanks

Old 08-29-2023, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
They say that Bevin was corrupt, however, why? What did he do? What were these policies tht Cameron will have?
Wasn't living here when Bevin was in office, so I'd be interested in knowing....

Thanks
The accusations go back and forth about corruption between the Beshears, Andy's father and Andy, and Bevin / Cameron. They've been feuding for a long time.

Bevin was a cost cutter, pensions, teachers, medicaid and so on. He made a lot of enemies.

You can do a google search and look at both sides of the coin. I have no idea if one side was more corrupt than the other. There's lots of information out there and you can draw your own conclusions. Anyone's personal opinion is bound to be biased in this regard.

I'm staying focused on the current election, Andy Beshear vs Daniel Cameron

Old 08-30-2023, 07:49 AM

I recently came across this safety plan put out by Daniel Cameron in July. Here's a link but the summary is:

Cameron's Public Safety Plan includes the following points:

-Increase recruiting and retention of police officers
-Pass a bill that requires prosecutors to pursue the death penalty for people convicted of killing an officer
-Block civilian review boards from getting subpoena power
-Highlight and honor police at key events such as National Police Week, Faith and Blue, and National Night Out
-Add a Kentucky State Police post in Louisville
-Pass a statewide wiretapping law for state police to aid in investigation on drug and gang-related crimes
-Reform the parole board by increasing the vote threshold for release and giving the governor power to remove members at-will
-Increase penalties for drug traffickers who kill Kentuckians
-Mandatory DNA collection for the most heinous crimes
-Pass standalone carjacking statute
-Advocate for group violence intervention to reduce gang violence

Some of this just seems like common sense and I'm surprised it isn't already in place
https://www.whas11.com/article/news/...3-12ecf52337c1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky