Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2023, 09:43 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
we call that around here, "cutting your nose off to spite your face". For those that don't understand that phrase, maybe this will help.

https://www.wikihow.com/cut-off-your...pite-your-face

People!
lol.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2023, 10:05 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...19/2898923001/

I seen a sign today that read..."a vote for beshear is a vote for killing unborn babies", very true. And NO, before you start, Daniel Cameron does not want a child or a rape victim to have the baby (especially in cases of rape or incest), there are, and always has been exceptions to the law, contrary to what beshear would lead you to believe with all his lying TV adds, being funded by his buddy up in Washington by the way. No politician in their right mind would want that and Cameron has never said that. Abortion is not a form of birth control. There are many other ways to prevent a pregnancy and you don't have to go through a life threatening abortion and the results of the abortion. I don't get it.

Old 10-03-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...19/2898923001/

I seen a sign today that read..."a vote for beshear is a vote for killing unborn babies", very true. And NO, before you start, Daniel Cameron does not want a child or a rape victim to have the baby (especially in cases of rape or incest), there are, and always has been exceptions to the law, contrary to what beshear would lead you to believe with all his lying TV adds, being funded by his buddy up in Washington by the way. No politician in their right mind would want that and Cameron has never said that. Abortion is not a form of birth control. There are many other ways to prevent a pregnancy and you don't have to go through a life threatening abortion and the results of the abortion. I don't get it.

what gets to me is this....what is the percentage of rape victims compared to people who are getting abortions for convenience?

They could also word it, that if it was a rape or incest pregnancy or life threatening, then it would be ok

Old 10-12-2023, 06:11 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
I'm just floored and rather disgusted with Beshear now taking full credit in his latest TV commercial for the reduction in the State income tax.

The state legislature deserves full credit for the tax decrease, while Beshear initially opposed it and vetoed the original legislation. His veto last year was overrode by the legislature. This year, he didn't veto the cut in taxes, so now he's taking full credit for the decrease,

What little respect I had for him as governor is gone. It's bad enough he lied, but he lied taking full credit for something he actually opposed.

Responding to the governor's bill-signing decision Friday, the state GOP accused Beshear of trying to take credit for Republican-backed policies.

“He has spent countless hours attacking Republicans for this policy approach and left the members of his own party out to dry on it,” the state Republican Party said in a statement. “What’s different between last year and this one? There’s an election this November.”
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ut-in-kentucky

Old 10-14-2023, 10:22 PM

Quote:
marino760 I'm just floored and rather disgusted with Beshear now taking full credit in his latest TV commercial for the reduction in the State income tax.
Because he is such a liar working for the establishment....

Quote:
The state legislature deserves full credit for the tax decrease, while Beshear initially opposed it and vetoed the original legislation. His veto last year was overrode by the legislature. This year, he didn't veto the cut in taxes, so now he's taking full credit for the decrease,
Yes, he did indeed oppose it....and this is why people like this gets voted in, b/c people don't listen, don't watch and learn, they vote and that's the end of it....they don't keep watch....

Quote:
What little respect I had for him as governor is gone. It's bad enough he lied, but he lied taking full credit for something he actually opposed.
Nothing I hate worse, I had a boss like that...he'd take other peoples power point presentations, mock them and pass them off as his. One day he was printing one up and said, whataya think, I created this...and I looked right thru him and said, "no you didn't, I created that a few years ago for another boss in our group". After that, he knew I had his number, you can smell fake....

Old 10-15-2023, 07:59 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Because he is such a liar working for the establishment....

Yes, he did indeed oppose it....and this is why people like this gets voted in, b/c people don't listen, don't watch and learn, they vote and that's the end of it....they don't keep watch....

Nothing I hate worse, I had a boss like that...he'd take other peoples power point presentations, mock them and pass them off as his. One day he was printing one up and said, whataya think, I created this...and I looked right thru him and said, "no you didn't, I created that a few years ago for another boss in our group". After that, he knew I had his number, you can smell fake....
Beshear may look like the Boy Scout down the street, but he's been a pathological liar during this campaign.

I received my absentee ballot the other day. I'm voting absentee because i now have a medical issue which may prevent me from going to my polling place across town.

Old 10-15-2023, 11:36 AM

Just watched a new political commercial put out by Beshears team which says that Daniel Cameron is going to take away healthcare, which is BS again the man talking about it states he’s from Kentucky and states that Cameron is going to do this. However, Cameron does not say that why are all these people speaking for Cameron putting words in his mouth I’ll tell you why, because they are slandering him really makes me dislike Ol Lying Andy even more to spread these lies about Cameron, did anybody hear Cameron say that no they did not

Old 10-15-2023, 01:11 PM

At a GOP candidates’ forum in Paducah, Cameron pledged that if elected governor in November, he’d request federal permission to impose work rules for some Medicaid recipients. He’s seeking to install a requirement that has run into resistance from the courts and President Joe Biden’s administration.

“On day one as your next governor, I will go to the federal government, I will ask for a waiver to make sure that we put a work requirement with those able-bodied recipients,” Cameron said. “Medicaid should not be a program that people stay on for the remainder of their life, especially if they can work. It needs to be transitory, so that we can save it for other folks that actually need it.”

Which is only fair....so if you don't have a note from your doctor any longer stating that you need to stay on Medicare and not able to work, then you will in fact loose your benefits....if your able to work, that is fraud, and should be punishable, just like collecting fraudulent welfare....same thing, no one should be collecting welfare if they are able to work, period.
Cameron is not taking away Medicare......people, he would be sabotaging his own campaign to do so....if your not able to work you get to keep your medicaide.

All you have to do is a little research, but no, people of America listen to the news, why, b/c they are lazy and don't want to do their own research.....darn? Its so easy to understand.

When you see a commercial on TV and they are ilterally putting words in someone's mouth and you haven't heard the person say that yourself, that should raise a huge flag...right? But people believe it, b/c they want to believe it....SMH they don't want to hear the truth, they don't want to believe that their ol' Andy is corrupt.

Old 10-17-2023, 05:56 AM

21,880 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Beshear may look like the Boy Scout down the street, but he's been a pathological liar during this campaign.
He's been a pathological liar his entire political life. But, unfortunately, his "Boy Scout down the street" act has most people fooled.

Old 10-17-2023, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
He's been a pathological liar his entire political life. But, unfortunately, his "Boy Scout down the street" act has most people fooled.
well if that's the truth, than it's their own fault for not watching him closely, that's the problem with this country they vote for their party and not the credibility of the person....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky