Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2023, 10:05 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times

Advertisements

Lets get it from the Horses mouth rather than some random false TV add...

https://www.sentinel-echo.com/news/c...c3af65bf1.html

If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Late breaking news...https://www.wkyt.com/2023/10/31/wkyt...JEOP0UIQ1Sgz54

Last edited by hogsrus; 11-01-2023 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2023, 10:17 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
There are a lot of people moving into Lexington, looking for a better retirement, when in fact, all it does is raise prices....

Our town is the 3rd fastest growing town in Kentucky and the prices on everything has gone sky high....
Prices are sky high everywhere, because of inflation, which the democrats says don't exist. Anyone that buys anything sees that...I guess we are supposed to be dumb enough to believe it. I'm sure glad andy's buddy in Washington didn't raise taxes on anyone making less than 400,000 a year. And, yep some people fell for that to.

Old 11-01-2023, 10:38 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Lets get it from the Horses mouth rather than some random false TV add...

https://www.sentinel-echo.com/news/c...c3af65bf1.html

If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Late breaking news...https://www.wkyt.com/2023/10/31/wkyt...JEOP0UIQ1Sgz54

Cameron was in my neighboring county very recently (Fleming) and from what I read had a large turnout of people talking with him there. It seems everyone knew he'd be in Flemingsburg. When he visited here, it was mentioned in the newspaper before hand so the average person could greet and meet with him.

To my surprise, Beshear was back in town here this Saturday just after the downtown trick or treat. It was never mentioned anywhere that he was going to be in town but sure enough there was a front page newspaper article showing him in front of the old theater with a big smile.
It seems the only people that knew he was coming were the left leaning higher up politicians that are already voting for him like the judge executive he hand picked and appointed. I even asked someone who is very involved in things happening here and he knew nothing about Beshear's visit.

Maybe it is a security issue but every time Beshear has been here, he is in stealth mode. He comes in, shakes a few hands of politicians that are already voting for him and leaves. Then we read about him visiting the next day.
Cameron on the other hand, announces he will be in town and where , and invites people (everyone interested) to talk with him and get to know him.

Last edited by marino760; 11-01-2023 at 10:49 AM..

Old 11-03-2023, 07:23 AM

The latest Emerson College poll now has the 2 candidates dead even at 47%. I'm going to have the popcorn ready for Tuesday evening.

https://fox56news.com/news/kentucky/...-election/amp/

Old 11-03-2023, 07:24 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Prices are sky high everywhere, because of inflation, which the democrats says don't exist. Anyone that buys anything sees that...I guess we are supposed to be dumb enough to believe it. I'm sure glad andy's buddy in Washington didn't raise taxes on anyone making less than 400,000 a year. And, yep some people fell for that to.

They believe anything and everything Andy says because they want to. He's just so darned cute and nice!

Old 11-06-2023, 05:37 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Well folks tomorrow is D-Day, we'll see what happens.....

Old 11-06-2023, 07:51 PM

Both campaigned in the two largest cities - Lex and Lou - today. Can't imagine why Beshear felt the need? He should have those left-leaning metropolises in the bag!

Old 11-07-2023, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Both campaigned in the two largest cities - Lex and Lou - today. Can't imagine why Beshear felt the need? He should have those left-leaning metropolises in the bag!
I saw Beshear was hitting the universities too, which seemed odd to me. I would think he would have that demographic locked in without any worries.

However this turns out, we'll all be fine regardless of where anyone falls on the political spectrum. If Beshear wins, then it will just be another 4 years of his vetoes and the state legislature overriding him every time. Other than trying to spread his left ideology in a mostly clandestine way, there's not much he can do by himself to move the state left. The next state attorney general will certainly be a republican which will also help keep him in check. He's almost a lame duck governor and has been since his first election. The Beshear groupies can enjoy seeing his boy scout smiling face for another 4 years.

I'm glad this is almost over. Everyone is predicting a good voter turnout and a very close race with nice weather throughout the state. I hope everyone goes out to vote whether you're red, blue or anywhere in-between.

Last edited by marino760; 11-07-2023 at 05:23 AM..

Old 11-07-2023, 05:24 AM

Actually, Beshear CAN do some damage. He's vowed to replace McConnell (HE won't last another four years) with a Democrat in defiance of state law. It won't be the first time he's breached it. Re-election would also improve his chances on the national stage, which would be a disaster for us all. And God forbid we have another pandemic under this tiny dictator. VOTE CAMERON!

Old 11-07-2023, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Actually, Beshear CAN do some damage. He's vowed to replace McConnell (HE won't last another four years) with a Democrat in defiance of state law. It won't be the first time he's breached it. Re-election would also improve his chances on the national stage, which would be a disaster for us all. And God forbid we have another pandemic under this tiny dictator. VOTE CAMERON!
He'll butt heads with the legislature (which he does constantly anyway) as far as that goes and he'll lose even if it goes to the Supreme Court. I'm not worried about a replacement for McConnell. I worry more about his other appointments which are legal for him to do. Beshear absolutely enjoys playing dictator when he can get away with it even temporarily as we've all seen
I think we're good on pandemics for another 100 years but no one knows until it happens again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky