Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 02:52 PM

2,340 posts, read 611,959 times

Advertisements

Thank you!!! I do have a Petsmart and I will get on the local website right now.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 09:29 AM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times
GrandmaChris, is that $300 for someone to train your dog or classes for you and your dog to take together? $300 is high for regular obedience classes. Basic obedience, six classes, at a dog training club with experienced trainers is $100 for my dog and me. There’s a Doodle in our class that has a lovely personality and is smart, he’s doing very well.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:36 AM

2,340 posts, read 611,959 times
I called the local Petsmart and the next class starts 3/12/19. Bastian is scheduled for it.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:43 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,756,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaChris View Post
I have a Golden-doodle puppy, 6 months old. He is crated at night and when I am not home. (I come home at lunch to let him out to potty) - He is jumping on me - I'm short - 5'1" and when he jumps his paws almost reach my breasts. I tell him DOWN and NO but it look like we are dancing - I wonder if this is because he doesn't get a lot of exercise. He doesn't know how to Fetch and surfing - he takes silverware outside the doggie door. How do I train to NOT jump and NOT table/counter surf.???? I googled dog training in my area - and the only one wants more than $300 to train him.
Golden-doodles usually have A LOT of energy, especially if they're puppies and crated all day. If he's not getting enough exercise, I'm not sure training alone (while a good idea) will totally solve your problem.

Can you walk him more and/or get a dog walker (do not use Rover or Wagg, use a reputable local company)? I really think he and you will be much happier if he's getting more exercise.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:33 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaChris View Post
I called the local Petsmart and the next class starts 3/12/19. Bastian is scheduled for it.
YAY!

Please update when you can

Old 03-03-2019, 04:50 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
Default Second Step Stretch

I have one of those 3 step units at the end of my bed for my 3 senior dogs to get up and down. One of the dogs - Bella - the only one with all four of her legs always does a stretch coming down once her front feet are both on the second step. I can't help but wonder why she always does it at that point, not when she first stands up or when she gets down to the floor but at that particular point.

Maybe in some past life she was used to enjoying the seventh inning stretch at baseball games. LOL

Old 03-03-2019, 06:38 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
I also have the doggy steps which my husband found at a yard sale for 2.00 dollars and he re-inforced it with new screws and new paint . It looks like a very expensive piece but not . I also am a nut but I make pillows for my dogs out of fat quarters that I buy at wal mart and when those go I just make more . But they seem to love them . Now the little ones are the only ones that use the pillows the two big ones could care less . Yes I have five dogs .
Attached Thumbnails
Dog Chat Thread-img_20190303_082723.jpg  

Old 03-18-2019, 02:55 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times
Obedience class is going well. The trainer constantly problems solves with each of us, asking each week for a good thing that happened in the last week and the not so good. There are six of us in class and she gives individual attention to each dog, she’s really good.

We are heeling, taking turns doing a sepentine walk around the other dogs in class while in a circle, working on recalls, extending sit or down stays, learning to go to mat and just being in a class room with other dogs. It’s all good.

It is so nice not having a reactive dog again. She is by no means perfect in class, but she isn’t fearful and is outgoing, the trainer used the word exuberant to describe her.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:39 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,915,057 times
Freyja the Spoiled Rottenweiler, who was rehomed to me last December, is two years old today.

I have not had a Rottweiler since Rottweiler #3 passed, ten years ago. I forgot how comical they are, even when they aren't trying to be, lol

Her pitiful look for not having a chance to pose properly, lollol.
Dog Chat Thread-image.jpg

Old 03-23-2019, 07:43 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normashirley View Post
Freyja the Spoiled Rottenweiler, who was rehomed to me last December, is two years old today.

I have not had a Rottweiler since Rottweiler #3 passed, ten years ago. I forgot how comical they are, even when they aren't trying to be, lol

Her pitiful look for not having a chance to pose properly, lollol.
Attachment 209362
Aww, she looks embarrassed.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs