Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2019, 09:34 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,019,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Has anyone used breed specific Royal Canin dog food? It’s about 3x as expensive as Purina, but if it will be good for my dachshund I’ll buy it. He has some allergy issues, so I’ve been giving him grain free, but he still seems a bit itchy and I don’t like the looks of the fur on his tummy. It seems sparse, and his skin seems a bit flaky.
Before you go the expensive route, or even the grain-free, have you tried just adding a tablespoon of oil to his evening meal? That's the time-honored breeder's fix for dry skin and coat. Olive oil is what I would use. I suppose technically any fat would do - but what the hey - we use olive oil for most everything anyway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2019, 07:55 PM

4,550 posts, read 3,784,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
He’s beautiful. I love Springers.
Thank you, he’s a girl, Georgy Girl. We’ve almost had her a year now and she and I are taking another obedience class. She is irrepressible and has the makings of our best dog ever, once she grows out of puppyhood... in a few years.

Old 01-08-2020, 09:59 AM

4,550 posts, read 3,784,403 times
We start a beginner’s rally class this afternoon. It’s with the trainer we’ve had for our other classes. It should be fun and challenging as always and wiping us out for a while after we get home. She’s a lot of puppy!

Old 01-18-2020, 08:59 AM

Speaking of training! Here's a comic on the topic I just had to share!

BWOORF!

Old 01-22-2020, 01:12 AM

30,706 posts, read 16,347,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
Speaking of training! Here's a comic on the topic I just had to share!

BWOORF!
well, that worked!

Old 04-04-2020, 11:44 AM

Here's an interesting thing - not about dogs, but about this subforum. For the past several days, I have been unable to use the forum tool to mark all the forum posts as read. It's not my computer, and it's not my browser. For instance, today I went up one forum level to "Pets", and used the tool to mark the forum read - which also marked the Dogs subforum as read. But I couldn't do that from within the Dogs subforum! Weird.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:00 AM

1,665 posts, read 1,932,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
Here's an interesting thing - not about dogs, but about this subforum. For the past several days, I have been unable to use the forum tool to mark all the forum posts as read. It's not my computer, and it's not my browser. For instance, today I went up one forum level to "Pets", and used the tool to mark the forum read - which also marked the Dogs subforum as read. But I couldn't do that from within the Dogs subforum! Weird.
I’m not sure what’s up. I have suddenly had issues on a couple of forums I belong to but not this one

Old 04-23-2020, 08:14 PM

FYI, we got the new Whistle Go GPS dog finder earlier this year. I'm a happy camper, finally, so I put a review on my blog here: https://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog4...dogs-2020.html

Old 08-12-2020, 04:29 PM

48,625 posts, read 35,078,116 times
Just wanted to share, what I thought was the cutest thing I've seen in awhile.

At my sisters house, I see her 60 pound brindle go into her garden, grab out what appeared to be a mouthful of leaves, and I'm thinking "what the heck?" He lies downs, pulls out the cucumber and proceeds with his snack.

The pitfalls of gardening while your dog is watching.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-05-2021, 01:16 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,818,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Just wanted to share, what I thought was the cutest thing I've seen in awhile.

At my sisters house, I see her 60 pound brindle go into her garden, grab out what appeared to be a mouthful of leaves, and I'm thinking "what the heck?" He lies downs, pulls out the cucumber and proceeds with his snack.

The pitfalls of gardening while your dog is watching.
That's funny. I wouldn't like it much though if it were my garden.

This dog of mine--the other day dh had left his cup of coffee on the end table beside the couch. I happened to look up just in time to see the long dog tongue go right down inside the cup and slurp. Who'd want to drink the coffee after that?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs