Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 08:29 PM

18,126 posts, read 11,762,592 times

Advertisements

Sharing ... Incredible Dog Working Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplEh-CtUmM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 08:41 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,708,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Sharing ... Incredible Dog Working Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yplEh-CtUmM
Is that real? I don't know a whole lot about dogs even though I have a dog now. But would a dog really do that or is it fake?

Old 04-14-2021, 06:14 AM

18,126 posts, read 11,762,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Is that real? I don't know a whole lot about dogs even though I have a dog now. But would a dog really do that or is it fake?
I have seen dogs watch TV, so I know they can see those dpi images. I have seen dogs do exercises with their master, and dance a song. What if it is real? Dogs can follow, copy, and imitate others.

This looks like a combination of both. I'm just sharing what I saw on you tube dot com. Delete if it's against rules.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:25 AM

4 posts, read 1,655 times
Lovely Pup Pup!

Old 05-28-2021, 07:57 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,002,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I would say this is real. Unusual, but real. What convinces me is the dog barking from excitement. Some thoughts:
  • Dogs sometimes really DO look for more mental stimulation than just "sit, stay". That comes in breed traits and bloodlines.
  • Among breed traits, you can find breeds where "offering" behavior is sought, and can be found in certain bloodlines.
  • Among behaviors "offered" can be imitation of another dog.
  • And all of that is in addition to, and/ or separate from, biddability, aka the desire to perform to please their humans.
Dogs can originate new behavior from self-learning. This is not, in my experience, common - but it probably happens more often than we realize. It isn't exactly a trait that is noticed by most dog owners, eh?
I saw a similar video recently - of a dog who was doing yoga with his human. If I recall, it was an Aussie, and he was doing every exercise she did - and had offered each one on his own initiative, imitating her actions. It was pretty cute, too!

Old 07-02-2021, 09:32 PM

This was just too cute, and too perfect, and too true! HAD to share!
https://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2021/02/26

Old 07-21-2021, 09:29 AM

712 posts, read 555,868 times
I am at my wit's end with our dachshund. She suddenly stopped wanting to eat her Iams dog food that she ate fine. Her Vet said she is playing us and to just realize a dog won't starve. But we are owned by this little thing. We got Ceasar filet mignon, blue buffalo, some canned sweet, and venison made by natural balance. She still turns up her nose. The truth is she wants people food.

What do you do with a picky healthy dog? What food should I just get and leave in her bowl. Should we go get the Iams she has been on for the past 3 years?

Old 07-21-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
I am at my wit's end with our dachshund. She suddenly stopped wanting to eat her Iams dog food that she ate fine. Her Vet said she is playing us and to just realize a dog won't starve. But we are owned by this little thing. We got Ceasar filet mignon, blue buffalo, some canned sweet, and venison made by natural balance. She still turns up her nose. The truth is she wants people food.

What do you do with a picky healthy dog? What food should I just get and leave in her bowl. Should we go get the Iams she has been on for the past 3 years?
I would just let her go hungry. She WILL change her mind.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:44 AM

712 posts, read 555,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
I would just let her go hungry. She WILL change her mind.
You said what the Vet said. Watch what happened last night when I put a small handful in front of her. She didn't want me to see her eat it and kept stopping but didn't realize I was watching her through my phone. She ate this and hasn't eaten anything else. But it is obvious she will eat if hungry enough.

https://youtu.be/aa2w5Q-j_j0

Old 07-23-2021, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitak1982 View Post
You said what the Vet said. Watch what happened last night when I put a small handful in front of her. She didn't want me to see her eat it and kept stopping but didn't realize I was watching her through my phone. She ate this and hasn't eaten anything else. But it is obvious she will eat if hungry enough.

https://youtu.be/aa2w5Q-j_j0
Cute dog! Would you say she thinks she has you trained?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs