Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 06:18 AM

50,457 posts, read 64,308,089 times

Advertisements

Just a heads up that Lands End is selling matching human and dog pjs. DH and son in law, and their dogs, are getting these from Santa. They will get a kick out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Georgy was stung by a wasp the other day. She was snuffling along in the grass and I noticed the swelling later. The swelling resolved in a few hours with no other symptoms.
The very definition of woebegone:

Attachment 214936
So cute. She reminds me of our dearly departed Springer, Tory, who had the same thing happen to her more than once. She was always getting into things.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:39 AM

4,549 posts, read 3,783,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
So cute. She reminds me of our dearly departed Springer, Tory, who had the same thing happen to her more than once. She was always getting into things.
She’s a curious dog, getting her nose into everything, which will get her into more trouble I’m sure.

I came into the living room yesterday and there she was on the sofa in what looked liked a pose for a centerfold or an online dating site.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:56 AM

48,610 posts, read 35,070,562 times
OMG. Yep, looks like she did a budoir (sp) photo.

I have one of Dante in what looks like a Playboy spread that got lots of chuckles on facebook. /lol

Anyone have suggestions on things to do before you put your dogs on a plane (cargo)? Out of the 2 I know Dante is going to be petrified and you can't use sedatives.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-24-2019, 06:08 PM

I have to vent that Dante likes my husband WAYYYYYY more than me. I mean they are buddies. He wants to go where he is, lie next him, wants attention just from.......

That's my do dammit.

LOL. Yeah, I'm a little J, but they are cute together.

Old 10-28-2019, 12:56 PM

2,333 posts, read 2,019,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I have to vent that Dante likes my husband WAYYYYYY more than me. I mean they are buddies. He wants to go where he is, lie next him, wants attention just from.......

That's my do dammit.

LOL. Yeah, I'm a little J, but they are cute together.

Some dogs are just wired that way. I didn't used to believe in "one-person" dogs - but my current two are very much that. Still, if you are the source of food, the source of training, and the source of fun-time? It would be hard to understand. I can certainly understand the big green J!
BTW - have you checked hubbie's pockets for the remains of treats?

Old 10-29-2019, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiero2 View Post
Some dogs are just wired that way. I didn't used to believe in "one-person" dogs - but my current two are very much that. Still, if you are the source of food, the source of training, and the source of fun-time? It would be hard to understand. I can certainly understand the big green J!
BTW - have you checked hubbie's pockets for the remains of treats?
Nah, it's not like I am the source of all things dog. They love me, they cuddle and listen... but they ADORE my husband. For Dante it's mainly that he rough houses with him, that's his happy place. When I do that, my doctors ask if I feel safe and whether they should call the authorities (bruises and claw marks).

In truth, my husband is more confident in either the dog or his control. He walks around the house with Dante off leash which never crossed my mind. Dogs walk by, and Dante will not leave the property. Maybe he appreciates the level of trust my husband gives... or respects the authority. Neighbors walk by and comment how well trained Dante is.... and I don't think I would have trusted him not to run up to the passing dogs.

My husband is incredibly good with animals and kids. I type this with Dante curled up in my lap

Old 10-29-2019, 08:40 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,019,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
. . .When I do that, my doctors ask if I feel safe and whether they should call the authorities (bruises and claw marks).
. . .
I love it! Good laugh!

Old 10-29-2019, 02:47 PM

32,732 posts, read 48,355,590 times
Wyatt McRiot, who is supposed to be my dog, absolutely adores my son. My son has been really tough on Wyatt with his training, trying to get the maniac second hand dog under control by demanding instant obedience and doing a lot of training.

That training process is very bonding. Plus livestock dogs crave a job and love to learn.

Wyatt will mind me but in Wyatt's dog brain, I am to be protected and my son is to be obeyed. It's really rather annoying, since I do not need to be protected and I don't need a dog on duty 24 hours a day making sure that nothing bad befalls me. Wyatt has his mind made up and simply refuses to believe me about that particular topic. He made his decision: it is his job and his responsibility to take care of me. End of story.

Besides protecting me, he is always looking at my son, hoping my son will give him a task or will teach him something new.

Old 10-29-2019, 03:53 PM

My husband likes our dachshund, Donovan, as a substitute child. The dog loves me too, but really, when you are retired, and you have a certain relationship with actual children, a dog who does not require more than you can give, is a blessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs