Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 02:11 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by koyaanisqatsi1 View Post
It's well deserved (here that is). If the changeabe weather bothers you so much - move somewhere else - preferably WA!

What did you expect moving here from ChCh? More sunnier and blue skies weather? Sydney does not provide that kind of weather all year around so no use complaining about it. If you want it full on - move to Perth!
Yes well I'm not the only one complaining about Sydney's weather - I recall just a few days ago you were whinging and complaining about the sunny days.

And what do you expect me to do? Pack up in an instant and move to Perth? I wish life was that simple, but it isn't. On the same token, maybe you should consider packing up and moving to Tasmania or south-western NZ the next time we get an extended sunny spell. Plus there are plenty of other places around the globe that offer miserable and grey weather that seems to suit your preferences.

Most people I know are fed up with the changeable weather here, whereas your weird opinions are of a somewhat freakish nature.

Anyway, enjoy this La Nina phase while you can.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:05 AM

87 posts, read 120,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGreen View Post
Yes well I'm not the only one complaining about Sydney's weather - I recall just a few days ago you were whinging and complaining about the sunny days.

And what do you expect me to do? Pack up in an instant and move to Perth? I wish life was that simple, but it isn't. On the same token, maybe you should consider packing up and moving to Tasmania or south-western NZ the next time we get an extended sunny spell. Plus there are plenty of other places around the globe that offer miserable and grey weather that seems to suit your preferences.

Most people I know are fed up with the changeable weather here, whereas your weird opinions are of a somewhat freakish nature.

So well said. A rep for you. I've also had a gutful of know-it-all coots telling me to move as if it's a matter-of-fact everyday choice And I agree re changeable weather - isn't it just lovely having your weekends ruined constantly by freezing cold miserable rain and gloom, even in mid-summer, and having to worry about the likely event of crap weather for your next planned event? But, as they say, having "4-seasons in one day" is a *positive* thing. Lol for a subarctic penguin species haha

Old 11-30-2010, 10:48 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,410,464 times
Six inches of snow today in Buxton - and of course the train to work was still operating fine as good old ever.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:51 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,066,406 times
We're going through a cool spell here -- 15 C and slate grey overcast skies.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:27 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,260,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
We're going through a cool spell here -- 15 C and slate grey overcast skies.
Youch.

We just had our coolest Dec 1 day in 27 years (maximum 20.1 C).

Also if the forecast is anything to go by (cloudy weather forecast right up until early next week), and assuming we continue to see little sun, might get one of the longest runs of <=1 hour sun/day.

Had an 8 day run of days with <=1 hour sun between 20 May 1983 and 27 May 1983 which could be beaten!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 PM

87 posts, read 120,164 times
some rotting piece of ****ing sub-human filth hacked my bank account.

I hope the piece of horse crap responsible ****ING DIES, I HOPE THEY FREAKING CROAK IN THEIR OWN DIAHORREA

Old 12-02-2010, 03:10 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,595,728 times
Quote:
Youch.

We just had our coolest Dec 1 day in 27 years (maximum 20.1 C).

Also if the forecast is anything to go by (cloudy weather forecast right up until early next week), and assuming we continue to see little sun, might get one of the longest runs of <=1 hour sun/day.

Had an 8 day run of days with <=1 hour sun between 20 May 1983 and 27 May 1983 which could be beaten!
Not too great at all. Ch'ch just had a very sunny November however, and its sun will return - but not like in the 1988/89 La Nina when it broke its December and all-months record (295 hours).

Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,410,464 times
On the way home from Manchester I saw some pleb kicking and beating a police van, someone who represents the worst of English people no doubt.

Yet malingering on this forum is some idiot who thinks that I shouldn't tell people I'm English or whatever because he "wouldn't want people to think we're all as bad as me", wait for it ...... ALL because of something I said on an internet forum!!!!! And I wouldn't even think about acting like some of the lowlifes in this country. Some people need to get into the real world!

Old 12-08-2010, 01:58 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,349,354 times
After a great wet start with nearly 100mm/4 in. of rain falling, not looking so good now but then it's December . The 1920 record, I don't think, will be reached anytime soon!.

At least temperatures's been consistent & not so humid even though minimums (in the city that is) has remained above 20oC/68F, over past few nights, due to powerful cool NE winds blowing making it feel much cooler than the actual temperature.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:29 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,349,354 times
Quote:

I (and several others) have good cause to complain about Oz's terribly endless mundane sunny/dry weather!. After all, you being brought up in NZ would have a hard choice if one can call it that...

Drier years seems to be more the case than "wetter years"!

So what if we (local Ozzies, that is,) complain about the boring endless sunny skies! I'd rather the cloudy and rain than horrible cancer-inducing sunny skies...

Last edited by koyaanisqatsi1; 12-08-2010 at 03:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather