Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 05:19 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,077,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarctic climate View Post
friggin sick of this ****en subarctic hellhole right now it's freezing cold 18C at ****en midday with the usual gusty sourweterlies as is typical in CRUMMER here FFS

The dfickheads on australian weather forums go on about how awesome the weather is here, how much weather victoria has to offer blah blah ****en blah..... yeah YEAR ROUND COLD and COLD FRONTS

nothing but FREAKING COLD ARCTIC **** PREDICted in thje forecast

WORST FUICKING YEARF EVER
LOL, take it easy. Although you do have cause for complaint -- even Christchurch has a warmer forecast than Melbourne right now!

Old 12-09-2010, 05:40 PM

193 posts, read 377,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo1995 View Post
You have forgot to mention so far this month our average temps have been 28.2C max and 18.1C min.
Not for much longer given the forecast.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:47 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,612,395 times
Quote:
You have forgot to mention so far this month our average temps have been 28.2C max and 18.1C min.

So we have had a week and a half of warm weather yet we get a couple of cooler days in the forecast and you make it sound like we live in the coldest city in the world.

Some muppets just love to whinge I suppose.
To the point...

Old 12-09-2010, 08:06 PM

33 posts, read 35,017 times
Quote:

So we have had a week and a half of warm weather yet we get a couple of cooler days in the forecast and you make it sound like we live in the coldest city in the world.

Some muppets just love to whinge I suppose.
Yeah and those averages will come crashing down with this crap

A "couple" of cooler days? OMFG look at the godamned forecast, it's freezing cold right thru and beyond according to long range forecasts with nothing but endless permanent muthaf*kng southwesterly bullcrap

MELBOURNE CRUMMERS ARE A DISASTER

Old 12-09-2010, 08:25 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,248,819 times
Lol freezing cold? Right now its -11 C here. Now that's freezing cold.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:27 PM

2,678 posts, read 5,077,243 times
You should come to Christchurch if you think you are really hardened to the deepest depths of climate hell. Todays forecasted 25 C high never materialised. Instead we got a windy 16 C -- nearly 10 C lower than forecasted. The forecasters tend to be overly optimistic, but it's rare for them to be out by that much.

Plus we've been shrouded in gloom by this inpenetrable grey cowl -- I haven't seen a speck of blue sky all day!

We have 28 C forecasted for tommorow, but I won't be holding my breath. Woe is me, I can't stand another year in this subantarctic dump. I need to get to Brisbane or Perth ASAP.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:07 PM

5,069 posts, read 8,612,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post
You should come to Christchurch if you think you are really hardened to the deepest depths of climate hell. Todays forecasted 25 C high never materialised. Instead we got a windy 16 C -- nearly 10 C lower than forecasted. The forecasters tend to be overly optimistic, but it's rare for them to be out by that much.

Plus we've been shrouded in gloom by this inpenetrable grey cowl -- I haven't seen a speck of blue sky all day!

We have 28 C forecasted for tommorow, but I won't be holding my breath. Woe is me, I can't stand another year in this subantarctic dump. I need to get to Brisbane or Perth ASAP.
Clearly you need the warmth. BTW, if you were living in Ch'ch 30 years earlier, not only was it a little colder, but the mean sunshine was more than 100 hours lower (averages up to mid-70s) than it is "now" (meaning the running 30-year mean).

Old 12-09-2010, 09:15 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,263,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNZ View Post

I hear you. Although I often complain about Sydney's changeable weather, one thing I do not miss are those cold ChCh southerlies that blow in at any time of the year and can spoil many a summer's day .

I remember inviting over 20 people over for a bbq (family event) mid January around 15 year's ago in ChCh and the high never exceeded 14C!

Here there is much more stability, at least from a temperature point of view (I am talking relative sense). Plus the nights are nice and warm - the last week in particular it has been quite balmy .

Brisbane or Perth would be like upgrading from a Robin Reliant to a high end BMW or Audi (I am not a car buff, but I think you get the idea..).

Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 AM

2,397 posts, read 3,354,565 times
Makes me laugh at how Kiwi's especially from the SI howl and weep about missing out on the sunshine on the eastern coast, if one can call it that!.

I mean if one wants almost permanent sunshine then move to Perth! Bloody annoying when I hear migrants moving here and whinging on and on about the cloud/rain - come on!

We need it much more than the former so get over it and move on :-) Of course we'll complain about the lack of rain, after all, we're the driest inhabited country in the world!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,438,797 times
Then there' little old me in Fuxton, Derbyshire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather