Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,681,180 times

Advertisements

Worst areas in my city are also not inhabited by minority but the minority commits almost all the crimes.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,590,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
indians are mostly highly educated and wealthy as many of them are doctors. same cant be said about Pakistanis.
The two groups are somewhat similar economically in the US.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:06 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,746,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Not a big fan, but they don't look boring looking, at least. So kinda cool. Here's the "best" of Paris:

Urban decay, grim and projects in northern Paris - SkyscraperPage Forum
Some sweet ones there!

From the link:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7268/8...8c82a00d_b.jpg

This is the Coignet house, the first modern concret building in France. Built in 1855, it's a national heritage site. Doesn't look so.
Maison de François Coignet - Wikipédia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
Immigrant area?
Yes, white people would be in minority there. Though all immigrant areas aren't as bad as these. Two traditionally Asian immigrant areas:
https://maps.google.fr/maps?q=bellev...29.61,,0,-3.54
https://maps.google.fr/maps?q=lognes...,87.12,,0,5.61

Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,275,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What?

Is that a joke?

My mum only had 2 children me and my brother and she only was able to afford to live in a council house in Lomdons Southeast she works very hard and what you said is actually offensive to me and many of the decent people I know where I live.
i originally said "why do people even live here" as in why on earth do you stay in London if you cant afford a decent life, these people would be much better off living in normal not overpriced areas of the country.
My mum divorced my dad when i was 7 she was a single parent for many many years and we were struggling too, but even tho we were poor we always kept out house clean, and lived in a clean area. There is NO excuse to live in such run down buildings like on the first link, in 1st world country. only because youre poor does not mean you have to be dirty, if these people would care they would try to make their neighbourhoods look nicer and take care of the surroundings.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:10 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,626,124 times
Quote:
only because youre poor does not mean you have to be dirty, if these people would care they would try to make their neighbourhoods look nicer and take care of the surroundings.
Now, I agree with you here. Just because an area is poor, doesn't mean it has to be dirty.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:15 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,590,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post

Yes, white people would be in minority there. Though all immigrant areas aren't as bad as these. Two traditionally Asian immigrant areas:
would the bad immigrant areas still have a substantial native white population, or would they be scarce (< 10% or so)?

Old 09-03-2013, 12:15 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,399,172 times
Quote:
i originally said "why do people even live here" as in why on earth do you stay in London if you cant afford a decent life, these people would be much better off living in normal not overpriced areas of the country.
My mum divorced my dad when i was 7 she was a single parent for many many years and we were struggling too, but even tho we were poor we always kept out house clean, and lived in a clean area. There is NO excuse to live in such run down buildings like on the first link, in 1st world country. only because youre poor does not mean you have to be dirty, if these people would care they would try to make their neighbourhoods look nicer and take care of the surroundings.
The area is run down because of poor use of the area by some people and the combination of the government simply not giving a ****. My house is clean and tidy. You can't say to people that there's no excuse to live in a run down area some people can only afford to live in those type of areas. If you were able to live in a clean area than you must of been quite well off but some people are not. And for the record not everyone on estates are immigrants some are white British too. And not all of us are stinking poor including me.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,626,124 times
There are two parties at fault - the people who litter in the first place, and the local authority who don't pick it up. People will always litter - so it's the responsibility of the local authority to pick it up. They don't pick up litter as much in poorer areas. If I ever see litter here for too long then I complain about it and it gets picked up - yes, I'm sad.

But, there needs to be something to deter littering. More bins would be good - in some countries they have big bins in the ground.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:19 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,275,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
would the bad immigrant areas still have a substantial native white population, or would they be scarce (< 10% or so)?
well even East London which is famous for being an immigrant magnet for people from Muslim and African countries has like 40% of people being born in UK.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:27 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,399,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
There are two parties at fault - the people who litter in the first place, and the local authority who don't pick it up. People will always litter - so it's the responsibility of the local authority to pick it up. They don't pick up litter as much in poorer areas. If I ever see litter here for too long then I complain about it and it gets picked up - yes, I'm sad.

But, there needs to be something to deter littering. More bins would be good - in some countries they have big bins in the ground.
Its more complex than just littering.

Its just how cities are really, a high crime, poor, area and then weather areas in the centre and suburbs. It has always been like that but to tell the truth I don't "feel effected" by my surroundings as much as others because I know what Iwhat in life and im focused on moving up from my council estate beginnings. People assume people on council estates can't do anything well I'll prove them wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather