Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
london has a lot of ugly blocks too... the first time i went to London i was like "why do people even live here" ... but then i found out its muslims of course
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Tow...274.4,,0,-1.73

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=lon...26.55,,0,-3.82
OMG thats so ugly. But don't you find it funny how there is a Audi in the second picture?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:30 AM

3,715 posts, read 5,265,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Don't be so ignorant.. some people work but can barely afford to put food on the table. Some can't even afford to do that. Just because someone is living in social housing, doesn't mean they're not working, or are having loads of kids just so they can get a free house. I'm not going to get into a debate about Muslims either as I've done enough of that on the Europe forum.
well if they didnt have so many kids and worked full time then they wouldnt have to live like that. im not ignorant, just honest. but think whatever you want, its definitely a coincidence that the ugliest areas are majority muslim.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
well if they didnt have so many kids and worked full time then they wouldnt have to live like that. im not ignorant, just honest. but think whatever you want, its definitely a coincidence that the ugliest areas are majority muslim.
Maybe in that particular area but not here it isn't - the ugliest areas are majority white British, and they mostly live in ugly high-rise flats with St. George's flags hanging off their balcony. These areas are full of loud hoodlums who harass other people and steal things and set fire to cars. Yes, white British people are doing this, not Muslims.

Last edited by nei; 09-03-2013 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-03-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Maybe in that particular area but not here it isn't - the ugliest areas are majority white British, and they mostly live in ugly high-rise flats with St. George's cross's hanging off their balcony. These areas are full of loud hoodlums who harass other people and steal things and set fire to cars.
i never said that its only muslims being poor and living in dirty areas, but they are very often the worst parts of UK cities.
but yes theres plenty of majority white british awful areas too... like in chav filled Boston, Doncaster or S****horpe.
yeah whatever, if all my posts are nonsense dont read them.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Maybe in that particular area but not here it isn't - the ugliest areas are majority white British, and they mostly live in ugly high-rise flats with St. George's flags hanging off their balcony. These areas are full of loud hoodlums who harass other people and steal things and set fire to cars. Yes, white British people are doing this, not Muslims.
That's different from the US, here almost all the poor, deprived inner city areas are minority. But muslims aren't poor, at least as immigrant groups go.

Flipping through the NYC forum, there's often a thread "how do I get into the projects?!" Usually a young, single mom with kids. Often working, but a poorly paying job at that.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:49 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
There are poor minority areas - but some of the worst here, with the worst reputations and highest rates of crime, are majority White - no sane immigrant wants to live in these areas. Many do of course, but not if they can help it. Indians in particular are very successful here and reside in middle-class areas.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:
london has a lot of ugly blocks too... the first time i went to London i was like "why do people even live here" ... but then i found out its muslims of course
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Tow...274.4,,0,-1.73

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=lon...26.55,,0,-3.82
I live on the same estate as the last one. What? Shock horror someone knowledgeable Libes on an ugly hosiong estate.
And patrix a lot of people in council houses work and are decent people seems people like you are the one ain't decent.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:01 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,954 times
Quote:
What?

Is that a joke?

My mum only had 2 children me and my brother and she only was able to afford to live in a council house in Lomdons Southeast she works very hard and what you said is actually offensive to me and many of the decent people I know where I live.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
There are poor minority areas - but some of the worst here, with the worst reputations and highest rates of crime, are majority White - no sane immigrant wants to live in these areas. Many do of course, but not if they can help it. Indians in particular are very successful here and reside in middle-class areas.
indians are mostly highly educated and wealthy as many of them are doctors. same cant be said about Pakistanis.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Hmm. I guess minority and immigrant mean about the same there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather