Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2018, 03:33 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,338,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtainium View Post
Eastern North America has horrible delayed springs. At the end of February I was in Victoria B.C. Daffodils, plum trees and even some cherries blooming everywhere. This past week I was in Washington D.C., a full TEN DEGREES OF LATITUDE south of Victoria, and spring was only now catching up to where Victoria (and presumably Seattle, Portland, etc.) were at a MONTH ago. Now I’m back in Michigan (still 6 degrees of latitude south of Victoria) with no spring in sight at all. Just horrifically awful climate in the east. I hate it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if coastal Alaska gets spring before the Midwest/northeast.
You're right, and also it's getting worse the past few years with the horrible string of Marches we've had since 2013, and Aprils in that time span have also been really underwhelming. Just bizarre and annoying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 03:50 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,140,645 times
Weird weather. It's 64f with high clouds and high humidity. It feels muggy and almost tropical. Not typical for here.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:41 PM

30,466 posts, read 21,316,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
3rd day with snow this month. Just unreal. During the day too. The sun must not angled anymore.
Not heavy enough to stick to roads.
Lucky you. All i get is boring sun and no rain.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
More extreme precipitation events IS the new norm. Also, higher latitudes are still warming much faster than the rest of the globe overall.
You got that right on the rain events gent. The last 3 summers we have had 20 to 30" in a few weeks time and then go the rest of the year without almost anything.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
We are running over 5°C above average the next week and are looking at potential record High's Tuesday and Wednesday, so it's not cold everywhere
Sure not cold where i am, but cooler than the last few springs.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:08 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,743,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtainium View Post
Eastern North America has horrible delayed springs. At the end of February I was in Victoria B.C. Daffodils, plum trees and even some cherries blooming everywhere. This past week I was in Washington D.C., a full TEN DEGREES OF LATITUDE south of Victoria, and spring was only now catching up to where Victoria (and presumably Seattle, Portland, etc.) were at a MONTH ago. Now I’m back in Michigan (still 6 degrees of latitude south of Victoria) with no spring in sight at all. Just horrifically awful climate in the east. I hate it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if coastal Alaska gets spring before the Midwest/northeast.
We have mild winters this side of the cascades. Get east of them and it will be a lot colder (and drier).

Old 04-06-2018, 05:19 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,743,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Weird weather. It's 64f with high clouds and high humidity. It feels muggy and almost tropical. Not typical for here.
It was definitely a warm one today (66f here atm) but didn't feel muggy to me but then again I moved here from the northeast where we have terrible humidity lol. Supposed to go back down though

Old 04-06-2018, 05:49 PM

855 posts, read 773,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
We have mild winters this side of the cascades. Get east of them and it will be a lot colder (and drier).
It's definitely mildest west of the cascades, but even interior Washington or Idaho at low elevations will be way ahead in terms of spring right now, compared to similar latitudes back east. The eastern side of the continent has the worst climate combination imo: cold, dry winters that last forever so everything continues to look "dead" well into April...then suddenly humid heat that's not very pleasant. There are maybe a few weeks of nice weather in spring and a few in fall, the rest of the year sucks.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:00 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,630,065 times
Today's high was 33.9°C (Normal High 28.3°C)

Old 04-06-2018, 06:03 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,140,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydelusions View Post
It was definitely a warm one today (66f here atm) but didn't feel muggy to me but then again I moved here from the northeast where we have terrible humidity lol. Supposed to go back down though
The combination of clouds and warm temperatures is very rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather