Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2018, 07:46 AM

29,590 posts, read 19,834,761 times

Advertisements

A dry May on the way?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2018, 08:23 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,269,485 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No rain next month= No humidity all summer season long.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:42 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,053,906 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No rain next month = No humidity all summer season long!

Old 04-27-2018, 10:51 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,317,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
A dry May on the way?

Ick. I don't mind the usual summer drought beginning in August and into September. By September, I often stop watering the lawn or do it much more rarely. But when it starts in June and especially May? Well, then I do have water. Without a sprinkler system, watering is a pain. Bring on more rain!

Old 04-27-2018, 10:55 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,317,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Don't think we'll break record max temps next week but maybe close for some locations.

Record Max Temps for May 1, 2, & 3

For Bridgeport: 83, 85, 86
For Hartford: 88, 93, 93
For NYC (Central Park): 87, 90, 90
For Philly: 90, 89, 90

Here's latest GFS for the afternoon of Thursday May 3rd.

We're looking to be well shy of record highs next week in Indianapolis, but we will flirt with the record low Saturday night/Sunday morning. Current forecast is a low early Sunday morning of 31 degrees. The record low is 31 for Sunday.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:18 AM

11,554 posts, read 9,412,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritra View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pero like wouldnt it mean that it's easier to get higher temps? Not that I'm complaining, I'd love a summer with tons of dry heat

Old 04-27-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritra View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol, your location is gonna become even more of a desert than the Indianapolis area will due to global warming, I on the other hand ought to relocate to the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex since the Fort Worth Texas area will become a tropical rainforest climate under global warming.

Last edited by Isleofpalms85; 04-27-2018 at 11:48 AM..

Old 04-27-2018, 11:46 AM

I bet that the summer of 2018 will be the first time on record that Indianapolis goes all summer without any measurable rainfall and also fails to log a single day with a dew point at or above 70 Degrees Fahrenheit:cr ying:.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:44 PM

83,759 posts, read 76,393,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
We're looking to be well shy of record highs next week in Indianapolis, but we will flirt with the record low Saturday night/Sunday morning. Current forecast is a low early Sunday morning of 31 degrees. The record low is 31 for Sunday.
Should be some interesting 48hr ranges again. I'm done with freezes here but frosts still possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
Slight possibility of records in Alberta tomorrow. GFS is actually bringing the warmest air well north of Edmonton ahead of a surface low.
I saw that Montana discussion yesterday, cool to read. Thanks. Yeah, enjoy the warmth, looks like the Jet stream dives south in the west this weekend but as you said the ridge pops back...

On that note..

From Paulie P's blog:

I like how he mentions the wood burner. That's for sure as I contemplate lighting the fire once again today. 61° inside. Also note he mentions normally we are in a zonal flow this time of year but the Jet keeps dipping...but wont be as below normal as we have been..

Quote:
What's next after big warmup?

It’s pretty well established that the East is finally going to see another warmup and some more pleasant conditions for a couple of days. The wood burner, oil furnaces and electric baseboards will get a break.

Moving forward, however, the rest of the month does not look quite as warm.
With that said, it also doesn’t look as chilly as the current pattern.

The trusty four-panel teleconnections show some major changes post warmup.

The most important changes come in the form of the weakening NAO and the reversal of the negative PNA. The negative PNA and positive NAO combine for a big eastern U.S. signal in the midterm. But the NAO heads back towards neutral signaling the end of major blocking and the PNA heads back positive leading to ridging in the West and unsettled weather for the eastern half of the U.S.

The pattern through at least day 15 and likely into the middle of the month will be for a weak eastern trough but generally near- to even above-normal heights in the East, with a ridge and above-normal heights in the west. Still not quite the zonal pattern we normally expect this time of year but less amplified than it was at the start of the month. The GFS ensemble pattern for May 10 might be a consistent one we see much of the month:

Old 04-27-2018, 04:38 PM

30,892 posts, read 21,776,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
A dry May on the way?

Bank on it for my area. I don't expect any real rain for weeks now. That crazy pattern you were stuck in could be gone with the snap of a finger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather