Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:14 AM

89 posts, read 231,231 times

Advertisements

Good luck with your move. I'll just throw this in. J's Teriyaki in downtown Moses Lake has great food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 12:42 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
Excellent! Teriyaki is one food that my wife and I see too little of in states outside Washington. The Pacific NW covers Teriyaki so well.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:32 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,332,226 times
And whatever you do, make sure to visit, if not live in Soap Lake. Weird little quirky town. Has healing water. It's too cold to swim in the lake right now, but there's a big water fountain in the middle of town where people fill up jugs full of the lake water for drinking. It's full of minerals, and tastes godawful. But people claim it cures everything. Don's Steak House is Soap Lake's culinary destination, and they have Greek food on certain nights of the week.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:38 PM

Yeah, I've Googled Soap Lake and learned about its healing waters. Very interesting. I intend on visiting once we get there.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:09 AM

Update: I have my travel itinerary.
Leaving El Paso early Sunday morning.
Arriving at SEA-TAC Sunday afternoon about 3:15PM. Over to Enterprise to rent a car-tentatively a Toyota RAV4.

They (employer) want to meet up with me at 5:00PM Monday evening at their Brewster facility. Interview, dinner and get ta know them a little bit, then it's off ta the Sleep Lab to work with an established with them Sleep Tech for several hours. This will be interesting and compelling to take part in.

So Sunday afternoon after picking up the rental car I'm thinking of swooping in to the Space Needle area ta get a Dick's Deluxe, fries and a Coke. Then head up ta Mukilteo to visit my Mom. This is pretty much the highlight of the trip for me. She is undergoing chemo for cancer and I must see her.

Will probably rest up at Mom's house then leave early Monday morning for eastern Washington. I'll have several hours available Monday during the day to head over on I-90, see and tour Moses Lake, find the Sleep Center, look at some rental houses and so on. Maybe call some of my new contacts in town and meet for coffee and learn all I can about this small oasis city in the desert.

After meeting with the prospective employers Monday night and working with the Sleep Tech till say 1:00AM-2:00AM, the rough plan is ta leave for I-90 westbound, stopping at a hotel somewhere about Wenatchee to snag 4 or 5 hours of sleep. Then getting up by 6:00AM or so, showering and grabbing a hot cup of coffee and driving back to Seattle over Snoqualmie Pass. The weather report says wet roads, 36-37 degrees and snow and rain for Tuesday morning heading west. My return flight leaves at 12:30PM for El Paso. I won't want ta miss that airplane!

I get back to El Paso around 11:30PM Tuesday night. I'm thinking that I don' t want to squander this chance ta get back to my home state of Washington. Need ta make a good first impression, for sure.

I'm feeling the same kind of buzz that Jim Carrey does when it's time ta film. Brian Bosworth kind of thing. Brewin' up a hyper-excited kinda feelin', here.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:48 AM

175 posts, read 366,278 times
Sounds like a (crazy whirlwind type of) plan, just wanna point out that Wenatchee is not along I-90. Ellensburg is a better bet.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:47 PM

Yep - I will need to figure this one out - take Highway 97 up and over Blewett Pass and then south to link up with I-90 once over the pass. Cle Elum - or...another famous outpost. This part might take some improvisation. If Highway 2 is open and clear (which it should be) I could just head west on 2, it would just be a longer way to get to Sea-Tac. Gettin' excited now, haven't been on a jet for 2 years. It was when I flew down to El Paso from Coeur d'Alene to interview for the job I have now. Can't wait ta head off in my little rental car and navigate western Washington's heavily-labored highways and biways again!

OTOH - your Ellensburg idea is probably an even better idea. That way I could just stay on I-90 from there into Issaquah and Seattle. Good thinkin'. Initially heading eastward it's gonna be cool ta open up the headers and head into the open desert land of eastern Washington. Awesome!

Old 12-13-2014, 06:40 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,525,135 times
Did you check all the car rental prices @ Seatac? We always got cheaper deals from Budget, got Subaru Foresters or Toyota Highlanders. Also , there are motels in Cle Elum, right off I-90. Good luck!

Old 12-13-2014, 06:49 AM

Thanks for the tips. I would like to rent a Subaru. I have had good fortune with Enterprise, but, if I get there early enough, maybe I can check with a few others.

Yeah, I'd like to get to Ellensburg or Cle Elum to find a motel. Gettin' close now. Can't wait to see Washington state again. I'll post notable updates on here as this thing rolls along. Thank all of you for your concern and suggestions. Gonna hit up the Edmonds Dick's Drive-in for some fries and Deluxe's. I'm getting extra to bring to my sister in Edmonds.

Old 12-16-2014, 01:52 AM

Ended up getting a hotel in Wenatchee. I met the Sleep Doctor and Sleep Manager and ate at the Mexican restaurant in Brewster. Nice people, solid organization. Was told that this Doctor is super to work for and that he really "gives people 9 lives". Sounds good.

Now to discuss/convince my wife. To me it's a no-brainer. On the jet coming in to Seattle it was as clear as a bell. Saw Mt.Hood, St.Helens, Mt.Adams and Mt. Rainier in all their snowconed glory.

Really thrilled to grab this chance ta get back to my homeland. Looks to be my job if I want it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington