Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:14 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,827,396 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Washington! Enjoy the outdoors as the weather start warming up and gets hot for the next several months, and then come next winter, enjoy the outdoors some more as the weather cools and leaves snow on the ground! Oh Eastern Washington, how great you are. Never move to the western side, it just rains outside of the summer months here. And even during summer, there's no guarantee that it won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 01:24 PM

129 posts, read 352,623 times
Welcome to the Columbia Basin! Those are fairly new apartments and look nice. Great location too. I was wondering if you'd made it out here.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,695 times
Default Food in Moses

I know it is almost a year later, but I had to weigh in on the restaurants in Moses Lake. My wife and I spent 3 years in Moses while going to school at Big Bend and since moving, we have missed the food more than anything else. The top choice and with the best chef I know, is Moses Pointe Steakhouse, Moderator cut: link removed, over on the west side of the lake (north of the state park). I also love BBQ Depot (though coming from Georgia it might not be up to your standards) and Tacos el Rey for Mexican food. Most people prefer Incas, which is good, but very American. After living in Mexico, I was pleasantly surprised how authentic and delicious Tacos el Rey is. I'm not sure if either of these is still around, but for Chinese, try The Tree downtown, best General Tso's, and finally Dana's has great soups, salads, sandwiches, and wonderful fondue served in a bread bowl. Hope all is going well.

Last edited by Count David; 02-20-2012 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: new members are not allowed to post links

Old 03-24-2013, 04:39 PM

23 posts, read 118,990 times
I know it has been some time and thankfully we are moving. This has to be the worst town in the world to live in. So much in fact that I am writing up a detailed review of the city itself. It has been a horrible 2 years and does not seem to matter what we do out here things just get worse. I have honestly had better times getting mugged...If you don't have to live out here don't! (Sadly we are not the only ones to feel like this. There are over half a dozen from my husband job alone that are packing up and running away from this town. It just isn't pretty.)

Edit: And the food was the worst I have ever encountered in a city.....

Old 03-25-2013, 04:17 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
It isn't for everybody. What about it do you hate? I looked forward to the review...

Old 03-25-2013, 05:02 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,030,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afina79 View Post
I know it has been some time and thankfully we are moving. This has to be the worst town in the world to live in. So much in fact that I am writing up a detailed review of the city itself. It has been a horrible 2 years and does not seem to matter what we do out here things just get worse. I have honestly had better times getting mugged...If you don't have to live out here don't! (Sadly we are not the only ones to feel like this. There are over half a dozen from my husband job alone that are packing up and running away from this town. It just isn't pretty.)

Wow, yes, I also look forward to your review if you choose to post it here. I didn't realize that you are the OP of this thread started over two years ago.

I've always like Moses Lake are for its recreation. I too have heard good and bad. I did consider that area at one time as a location for a post-retirement base. I've always heard that Moses Lake is quite a liberal area for being on the east side of the mountains but have also heard that its crime rate, as you have noted, is above average for a town of that size.

Let us know of your thoughts if you can.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:19 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,827,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afina79 View Post

I too am looking forward to this review. What exactly about Moses Lake did you not like?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,826,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Wow, yes, I also look forward to your review if you choose to post it here. I didn't realize that you are the OP of this thread started over two years ago.

I've always like Moses Lake are for its recreation. I too have heard good and bad. I did consider that area at one time as a location for a post-retirement base. I've always heard that Moses Lake is quite a liberal area for being on the east side of the mountains but have also heard that its crime rate, as you have noted, is above average for a town of that size.

Let us know of your thoughts if you can.
Moses Lake, liberal? I think its pretty moderate/conservative.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,030,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Moses Lake, liberal? I think its pretty moderate/conservative.
I was told that but now that I research more on my own, that's obviously false. I know two couples who moved there after they retired and that's what they all told me ...that if "feels" less conservative than other parts of eastern Washington. Also, I know a gay couple who purchased vacation property there and say they feel very comfortable in Moses Lake which surprised me a bit at first.

From what I can see by the voting statistics is that it still votes 63% Republican which is a hair above the average ratio for eastern Washington. So even for the eastern side of the state, it is more red than most.

So what I was told is definitely wrong. Thanks for the correction.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
I was told that but now that I research more on my own, that's obviously false. I know two couples who moved there after they retired and that's what they all told me ...that if "feels" less conservative than other parts of eastern Washington. Also, I know a gay couple who purchased vacation property there and say they feel very comfortable in Moses Lake which surprised me a bit at first.

From what I can see by the voting statistics is that it still votes 63% Republican which is a hair above the average ratio for eastern Washington. So even for the eastern side of the state, it is more red than most.

So what I was told is definitely wrong. Thanks for the correction.
To me, Moses Lake feels no different than a random San Joaquin Valley, CA farm town. Demographically, and everything.

Many of those counties are red as well, but it doesn't necessarily make sense that they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington