Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 06:07 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,539,568 times

Advertisements

Update: the employer emailed me yesterday and said "we were awaiting your response as to whether you wanted the job or not."

All right. Here's my chance. I have a rental picked out in Ephrata that is a 2BR, 1 BA house with 1-car garage and fenced-in backyard for $750/month. I thought the agreement was that they would call me. Well, apparently the job was mine and I was supposed ta call them! Oh well.

I drove through Ephrata during my job interview up in Washington. Very Mayberry RFD-ish. Perfect.

I'm still working on my wife but ya know what? She isn't going to completely come around on this before I start working up there. I think she'll like eastern Washington. I liked what I saw up there a lot.

Next up: The Sleep Dept. boss and I are scheduled to chat together on Dec. 30th. Let's do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2014, 07:20 PM

175 posts, read 367,716 times
I looked up rentals on craigslist and that house is in a nice area (not that there are tons of "bad" areas here). Right by an elementary school, several churches nearby, Walmart maybe a mile away.

Old 12-26-2014, 03:47 AM

Thanks, yip! I am eager to talk business with the boss on Dec. 30th. Yeah, Ephrata looks very small. It's the County Seat for Grant County. My wife still wants to stay in New Mexico but realizes I need to discuss job offer specifics with the hiring Company on Dec.30th. We need to put in our 30-day notice to our New Mexico landlord by e-mail by Dec.31st if we're going to move, too, so no rush...but hurry up.

Good. I am liking that because I'd like to move this whole thing along, anyway.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:00 AM

yip812-well, wish me good fortune. I start negotiating with the Sleep Company later on today. This oughta be interesting.

What restaurants do ya like in Ephrata? I see there's some Mexican restaurants and pizza, and a coffee bistro. Lowest electrical rates in the nation, too.

Currently pursuing a 2 BR house to rent in Ephrata. An application in to our e-mail is on the way. I'll fill that out pronto. This house is going for $750/mo. They want $600 pet deposit because we have 4 pets-2 cats and 2 dogs.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:27 AM

175 posts, read 367,716 times
I like tequilas mexican restaurant, probably my favorite, love the people who run it, they've owned it for years. El Agave is in tequila's old building, and has a very similar menu. Time out is good for pizza, they have burgers and other stuff too. DK's, at the end of town (or the beginning, depending on where you're coming from) is an old timey burger and ice cream place, very good food.

Never been to the bistro place. The window is always blacked out and you can't see in, doesn't seem very inviting.

Mommy Yum Yum's (yes, that's what it's called) has decent asian food for ephrata, but for good chinese food, you gotta go over to moses and hit up the Tree Cafe. It's run by only a mother and daughter. Mom cooks, daughter waits tables. So if you show up at noon, it will take a while to get your food. But if you get there at 2 or 3 pm, you'll get fast service. The food is excellent.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:36 AM

Thanks, yip812! Excellent local food advice. Since we'd need to give our landlord a months notice of vacating and today's Dec.31st, negotiations with the Sleep Co. need to get finished up today. We're heading down to El Paso to get a 27-pt. inspection of our '11 Kia Soul otherwise we're free the rest of the day.

I'd like to get the rental house we've been talking about. The price is right on it and location is excellent.

Big day ahead here! Ephrata should be just what we'd be looking for. Our 6 y/o Akita Chow is acting strangely, though. Hope she perks up. She's moving slowly and acting odd. I don't want a rushed-up trip to the vet in Alamo here but right now I'm concerned.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:33 AM

The Akita Chow's fine. She might just be wondering why Daddy (a Sleep Technican) can't sleep. She was probably just tired.

Really hyped up and excited now. I'm going to just take this Dallas Cowboy fumble and run with it. I've worked way too hard to not grab this position with 100% gusto.

I want to do several things in Washington once we settle in in the house in Ephrata yip and I have been discussing.

1) The Tragically Hip Wed., Feb.4th, 2015 Save-On Centre Victoria, B.C.
2) Dry Falls (that will be done pretty quickly, eh...I don't even think it's an hour away from Ephrata).
3) Woodland Park Zoo in my home town of Seattle. I miss it!

Old 12-31-2014, 11:24 PM

I'm mulling over their offer right now, my wife is dead-set against it. I am trying to keep an open mind about it. I want to return to Washington state but I have it pretty good down here in south-central New Mexico. The money figures are surprisingly close between here and Moses Lake.

I don't like how tough it is to find rental housing.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:03 PM

Negotiating for the Moses Lake job this afternoon. We're about $2,500 apart on the relocation bonus (it involves paying back half of it, we don't want that debt hanging over our heads right away in Ephrata - Moses Lake). Otherwise I'm pretty sure I'll accept everything else and get the job.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:38 PM

Housing issue needs ta be dealt with. We need a house that has 2 BR and preferably two bathrooms and a fenced yard for our dogs. I have one on the line but the lady is a real space cadet. I've talked to her three times now about sending a rental application to our rental house down here in Alamogordo, NM, but she won't do it. I'm stumped. I talked to another real estate lady and she said I should call someone else that works at that office. Great idea.

I need ta call that real estate office and ask for an update on that house. I mean, this lady is one crappy agent or she's got some agenda she's working on, I don't know. I do know I need a house ta rent up in Moses Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington