Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 05:47 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Housing issue needs ta be dealt with. We need a house that has 2 BR and preferably two bathrooms and a fenced yard for our dogs. I have one on the line but the lady is a real space cadet. I've talked to her three times now about sending a rental application to our rental house down here in Alamogordo, NM, but she won't do it. I'm stumped. I talked to another real estate lady and she said I should call someone else that works at that office. Great idea.

I need ta call that real estate office and ask for an update on that house. I mean, this lady is one crappy agent or she's got some agenda she's working on, I don't know. I do know I need a house ta rent up in Moses Lake.
It's part of Eastern WA culture. You'll have to do the digging yourself (I take it you don't have a (509) yet?). You'll be lucky to get a call back in two weeks.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:15 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
Yep....I think you're right, David Aguilar. I guess I'll have ta learn the (509) culture thing. If you mean telephones, I have a Motorola Moto G cellphone and Boost Mobile cellphone provider. No, you're right, I have a (575).

We got the rental application tonight! Yay! Now ta continue the negotiations for the Moses Lake job. Let's do this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 03:07 PM

Good news city-data people. CWSDC countered back and accepted our counteroffer! I am now totally wanting to take this. My wife will be opposed but I will try and persuade her otherwise this weekend. I loved the look of Ephrata and that part of eastern Washington. I want ta do this. There's a big Seahawk game tomorrow and I've got one more night ta work tonight here in Alamogordo. I've then got 4 days and nights off ta ponder this offer. I don't think it can be beat. I will become a better Sleep Tech. by learning how to score studies. I will be only 1 1/2 hours from my sister in Okanogan.

Our Mom is really sick with cancer. She has been told ta get her affairs in order. So glad I could visit her last month. I'll of course keep y'all updated but this Seattle guy will not be able ta turn this offer down.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:42 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,932,938 times
elkotronics,
Congratulations on the new job.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope that you will have more opportunities to visit her.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:47 PM

Thanks, BellaDL! I talked to her today on the phone and she's talking about selling her Mukilteo home and moving into an old folk's home. I think that's a great idea. She's in between chemo tx.'s and having a bad day today. I'll do everything I can ta help her and moving back ta Washington will obviously really help in that regard.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:55 PM

486 posts, read 842,689 times
Congrats!

I grew up in Seattle and moved when I was 12 to Oklahoma. I joined the Navy and served for 20+ years serving around the world. The common theme during all of those years is "I am never moving back to Seattle..it's too wet, dark, blah blah blah"

When I retired I went to live in Clovis, NM after meeting a lady who is from there. While I enjoyed being "retired" I was too young too fully retire and started applying for jobs. Guess where I got hired? That's right....Seattle.

The lady, who became my wife, had never lived anywhere but Clovis. Her kids were in high school and never not been around friends. We all moved and they have enjoyed the last 4 years living here. It's so much different than NM and they love it!

It's nice being back around family and you never get that opportunity very often.

Just convince your wife it will be a great opportunity for both of you! I have moved many many times in my life and every place has good and bad. I always look forward to a new challenge and you will too!

Good luck and best to your mother. My mom died 7 years ago of cancer and she was only 61. Tell her to keep fighting!

Old 01-11-2015, 11:59 PM

Boxkicker-I'm with you on all of your post above. My wife is struggling with not wanting to leave NM. She's coming around, though...she's starting to make plans to save money by selling a bunch of our stuff and pocketing $2,000 of the moving money that would've gone towards a moving truck and a towing dolly and using some of that money to buy house things up there in Moses Lake. Our stuff we already have here in New Mexico we'll just put Craigslist ads up and have garage sales and sell as much of it we can...what we can't sell we'll give to Witnesses here in Alamo. Then, what is still left I'll rent a U-Haul pickup and haul it off to the dump for free. Since we live in town the dump is free.

Brilliant! I want a 42" LG flatscreen. We found a rental house in Moses Lake that I like a lot more than the rental house in Ephrata, too. It's got a huge fenced yard, costs exactly the same as the Ephrata house and also has a shop. Cool! I'll have a crafts room to build my car models in!

This whole thing is coming right along!

Old 01-12-2015, 11:42 PM

175 posts, read 366,504 times
But where is it? If it is physically in town, you're good, but if it is in "north" moses lake (AKA, "the base"), I'd rethink that. It's cheap there because no one wants to live there. I lived there in 2007, I was in a decent neighborhood at that time. Then last year a series of drive bys centered right near (possibly at) my old house.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:46 AM

yip-oh yeah, I've already had your concerns in my head. I called a friend of a friend who is in the local Witness ML congregation and she assured me that the end of the base the rental is in is safe. Apparently several elders and servants live there and attest to its safety. We're asking the Witnesses if one or two of them could do a walk-through of the property for us so we can sort of get a long distance "feel" for the place.

The plan is still moving forward. I'll be talking to the Boss tomorrow morning so both parties can get up-to-date with each other. Oh...that rental in Ephrata was sold.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:16 AM

175 posts, read 366,504 times
Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington