Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 02:27 AM

13,827 posts, read 30,005,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Hello - I'm back here looking for this same Moses Lake job. Again. Only now this Sleep Center is more interested than before in hiring a new Sleep Tech. Their Sleep Tech.'s are getting tired. They're having to work 4-5 shifts per week, on a constant basis.

So I'm looking in to it and I'm strongly considering taking their job offer if it indeed comes about. So far I've learned that Moses Lake is a small eastern Washington town of about 21,000 people with some decent grocery stores and some decent restaurants and some crime around an area known as "the base."

From there it seems like a normal small American town. I am looking to learn more about Moses Lake as this process rolls along.
It's like Yakima or Wenatchee with less vegetation and topography, oh, and an odd shaped lake. ¿Hablas español?

There is a particularly trashy Wal-Mart, and a Home Depot. It doesn't particularly evoke images of Americana for me, but it does of typical Central Washington.

Maybe imagine a less vibrant Alamogordo, without the military presence (anymore), in a flat farming area, and trade the mountains for a lake. Oh, and put the lake right on top of the city.

Old 11-25-2014, 03:00 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,539,568 times
And to add to that, there's no hydroplane race there. That race is in the Tri-Cities, not in Moses Lake.
Trashy Wal*Mart? Been here, done that. Ephrata has no Wal*Mart?

The learning goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 03:03 AM

13,827 posts, read 30,005,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
And to add to that, there's no hydroplane race there. That race is in the Tri-Cities, not in Moses Lake.
Trashy Wal*Mart? Been here, done that. Ephrata has no Wal*Mart?

The learning goes on.
No, but plenty of people on boats during the summer.

I've never been to Ephrata, but Google says it has a Wal-Mart!

Old 11-25-2014, 03:34 AM

Oh, good. Can you feel my sarcasm there? Ephrata is a possible close town to Moses Lake to land in for us if we don't want to live in Moses Lake. Tomorrow afternoon I'll call and find out if a visit is in my future.

I don't seem to have my wife's buy-in of this idea. Seems like a similar paying job with some OT possible and needing to score the sleep studies "on the fly." IOW's while I acquire them. Which I can learn, eventually.

Them seem to be all right with me needing to learn scoring. Their Sleep Tech.'s are getting too many hours. I'll know more by tomorrow night.

One of the main cool advantages of this job is being back in Washington to be near my family again. A couple ailing ones on the western side of the state and a very independent, active sister who lives in Okanogan. Who would love my company now and then.

I'm still interested. Seattle would be accessible to go have fun in on days off occasionally, which is large and cool ta me, too.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:45 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,554,756 times
I've been to Ephrata, it seemed really peaceful. The hydroplane races are at Lake Chelan. We were there this summer for a concert...people there were friendly, very nice, and I am talking about the locals, not tourists. If summers were not so hot, I would think about living there.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:59 PM

thisplacesucks-you do mean Ephrata, right? Not Lake Chelan. Though I would love to maybe retire at Lake Chelan somewhere. Yeah, the Ephrata idea is sounding good ta me. I talked to the boss about this town today. She said it's 24 miles from where my job would be at, Moses Lake. Very doable. Flat for driving in snow between the two towns, too. According to her.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:18 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,554,756 times
I was rambling about Lake Chelan, but also about Ephrata. We stopped in Ephrata on a trip & people seemed nice there, too. I've been following your odyssey, good luck with your job hunt, Elko!

Old 11-26-2014, 12:22 AM

Thanks...it's really a big deal to even change jobs. It's a sacrifice of time and money for the hiring Company, too. Of course it is.

I really want this new job. My wife, she has met friends here in Alamo she enjoys having, she likes the Congregation we're in here, she likes that my job is going well here. I agree that things are good here in New Mexico. Indeed.

But I've got a Mother with cancer in Mukilteo, a sister who is a falling star at much too young an age, I love her and she loves me. I'm her favorite sibling. So heading west on an occasional day off would not be a chore, it would be a labor of love. I've spent too many years post-Boeing career in the medical field in too many states besides Washington.

I spent hours looking for this job. I learned today that there's a real solid opportunity in Moses Lake that pretty much requires a personal visit to land the job. The meet and greet will be in Brewster-boss says all their Sleep Clinics operate the same and a most awesome Sleep Tech. works the Brewster site. Sounds good.

I'll be looking at Ephrata pretty closely for rentals, as well as Moses Lake. There are Halls to worship the Creator in most every town, so we'll just have to switch locales and Congregations. It's all very do-able.

The process of switching workplaces and locales and acquainting oneself to a new place and meeting new people is a lengthy, somewhat trying one. This is one I need to do. I stand to learn my job better and prepare for the RPSGT Registry exam better up in Moses Lake, too. Just one of the reasons is two-fold. Shorter narratives up there and more time to score studies on-the-fly up there, too. If I play my cards right I will become a more well-rounded Sleep Technician.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:32 PM

175 posts, read 367,716 times
If you can live in Ephrata and work in Moses, I would choose this. I live in Ephrata. It gets boring at times, but is generally a very nice little town. An hours drive will get you to Wenatchee when you need more shopping/dining options than Ephrata and Moses Lake can provide.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:19 AM

yip812-thank you for that information. I've been told by another city-data poster that Ephrata has a Wal*Mart. That's got ta be a pretty mellow Wal*Mart, eh?

Quiet and boring would work, that's not a problem. Googled the population of Ephrata, around 9,000 plus. Flat highway ta Moses Lake for snow-trekking, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington