Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM

8,835 posts, read 10,345,483 times

Advertisements

Well that stinks for Robert to go home early but I'd do the same thing. Rest and recooperate.

Does anyone else other than me really think Ben is just being full of himself when he says he's better than Andrea?

I wonder what this surprise is for next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
bjh

60,622 posts, read 30,723,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Does anyone else other than me really think Ben is just being full of himself when he says he's better than Andrea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Who's voting for Ben to go home this week? I prefer dealing with Andrea than Ben's arrogant incompetance.
They're both arrogant as far as I can see. It just goes to show how separate from reality a person's talent can be from their perception of it.

Andrea and Ben are like American Idol contestants who come into the audition room all proud and open their mouths to sing and.........fall on their faces.

As for "GR is closing HK".......not surprisingly, what a bunch of @#$%. As someone said, they're trying to up their ratings. I wonder if the ratings are dropping or these methods are working.

Does anyone have an opinion on who should be in the final four instead of Andrea and Ben? Should have included: Gio or Ji or ??

Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 PM

8,835 posts, read 10,345,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
They're both arrogant as far as I can see. It just goes to show how separate from reality a person's talent can be from their perception of it.

Andrea and Ben are like American Idol contestants who come into the audition room all proud and open their mouths to sing and.........fall on their faces.

As for "GR is closing HK".......not surprisingly, what a bunch of @#$%. As someone said, they're trying to up their ratings. I wonder if the ratings are dropping or these methods are working.

Does anyone have an opinion on who should be in the final four instead of Andrea and Ben? Should have included: Gio or Ji or ??
eh, I don't know. Paula and Danny are most likely to be in the final 2 anyway.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,796,116 times
Andrea is ghastly. Pretty much after every service, EVER she has always said how ashamed she is and how terrible she did blah blah. Somehow she keeps coming back like some horrible dream. She can't multi task and she's way over her head.

I have to hand it to Ben that he take the flack and the criticism and keeps charging ahead.

When all is done and written it will be danny and paula.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:08 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,238,049 times
Yep, Yep doesn't matter who goes next-Andrea or Ben because it will be one, then the other. F2-Paula and Danny.
Paula will win

Old 04-16-2009, 11:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,301,992 times
I just knew GR wasn't going to send either one of them home because Robert left. I knew it he has a contract to fill for x amount of weeks.

What does it say Ben got the call from Robert from the hospital.

I agree it will come down to Danny and Paula maybe they will hook up in real ife and both open the new joint.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:20 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,282,668 times
I am sad for robert cause we would not wish that on anyone it is sad . I think Ben is so full of himself . I think Paula will win although I like andrea as well . I cant see danny getting the prize though cause he does not even know to serve women at the table first . I defiantely think it will be Paula who gets the grand prize .

Old 04-17-2009, 07:53 AM

1,111 posts, read 4,653,936 times
Ben is garbage. He is always criticizing other people's dishes about how simple and plain it is, but they always turn out to be better dishes than his. When is he going to wake up and realize that he is not the best chef left right now? Andrea is just done. I think all of the yelling from GR has broke her and she has completely lost her composure. She wasn't that strong to begin with, but now she is just horrible. Seriously, a chef and you can't grill 2 pieces of fish? She should just call it a day...

It sucks the way Robert had to leave the competition, but I don't think he would've had a chance anyway. I hope this is a eye-opener for him to work on controlling his weight issue.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:21 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,025,411 times
I'm very sad for Robert in the same way I was sad for Ji. They were eliminated for reasons completely unrelated to their suitability for the job or ability to fulfill the tasks in the competition. Just bad luck. I truly hope he's feeling better and is well on the way to better health.

As for the way it was handled, what we saw seemed like more of a reinactment than the actual, unedted scene. Imagine if you were at a restaurant and one of the people at your table suddenly left the table in obvious distress. Would you continue with your meal/meeting with only passing mention of "hmmm wonder where he went"?

How did the camera operator know to take solo shots of Robert's exit? Wouldn't the show have immediately contacted GR? Wouldn't GR, or better yet, the producer/director be the one to break the news to the group? Wouldn't they have done that at the moment ("Guys, slight change in plans; Robert has been taken to the hospital with chest pains").

How did the director know to have a camera on Ben and a camera on Robert at the same time (for the phone call)? How did the remaining members (who are STILL at dinner by the way) know what facial reactions to make during the phone call? Robert wasn't on speakerphone, from what I could see. How did the camera operator(s) know who to take close-ups of? All of this says "reinactment" to me.

Moving on, I was quite disgusted with Robert for his lecherous behaviour at the Borgata. How uncouth! The constant ogling and verbal drooling all over the Borgata Babes (I have another bone to pick with women who willingly allow themselves to be portrayed as "babes", but that's fodder for a different thread) was totally uncalled for. If I recall, he is ENGAGED! How did he think his immature behaviour would make his fiance feel? Or was he even thinking about her at all?

Andrea, Andrea, Andrea. /sigh Andrea is a hot mess. She and Ben, what a pair. They both talk the talk (and oh boy, does Ben ever talk!) but when the rubber meets the road, it seems neither can walk the walk.

I've never been a fan of Danny or Paula, not sure why. Neither has been particularly interesting to watch (I'm sure editing has had something to do with that). I agree it seems as if they will most likely be the final two. Of those two, I'd rather see Paula win because she seems to have a bit more maturity and seasoning than Danny but, honestly, I'm underwhelmed with them both. Meh...

Whichever way it turns out, I'm feeling rather disappointed with the season as a whole. But I'm enjoying dishing with you all about it! . Heh "dishing" -- I made a joke!

Old 04-17-2009, 09:47 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,580,319 times
As bad as most of these characters at cooking, I don't believe they could "Act" either. It's likely that miles and miles of tape is recorded and only edited to appear as so re-enacted. I agree though that if a member of my "Party" disappeared from somewhere, I'd be a "bit" more concerned...

I just wish they'd at least cast a couple more people with some skill set and not a bunch of buffoons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV