Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,477,435 times

Advertisements

I didn't get to see the whole episode, but I saw the all-important end (I'll watch the rest on hulu today or tomorrow). Is it just me, or have we still not seen Suzanne cook anything? All she does is run her mouth. This is a cooking show, you f***** cow! Cook something!!!

I'm so happy Robert is gone. I really think it should have been Andy, but hopefully he leaves next week; he's long overdue.

Best quote by a contestant on Hell's Kitchen:
Robert (Season 5) to some woman I can't remember now: "If you win Hell's Kitchen, I'll hang up my apron and become a crack w****e!"

He said something similar last night, but the first time it had that wow factor. My DD made a point - When Robert was asked why he should stay, all he did was go off on Andy and talk bad about Andy and his abilities. That's a turn off for anyone. He should have stuck with the question at hand and explained why he should be there based on his abilities. But I guess he didn't really have any abilities to begin with. At least he got his second chance. Hopefully we won't see him again, unless he's gotten healthy and lost about 150 to 200 pounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,238,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think a bunch of us C-D Donkeys should apply to be on the show. We have comraderie, we all get along. I'm not the world's greatest chef, but I think between all of us we could kick some ass!
I can slice chicken
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post

I'm so happy Robert is gone. I really think it should have been Andy, but hopefully he leaves next week; he's long overdue.

.. At least he got his second chance. Hopefully we won't see him again, unless he's gotten healthy and lost about 150 to 200 pounds.
Fat chance

Old 08-26-2009, 10:04 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,657,468 times
Best line last night - "The doctor said I have a small heart for my body."

Call me Captain Obvious, but isn't it the other way around - his body is too big for his heart? That poor little ticker needs to pump blood throughout a body that is bloated to double (triple?) the size it should have to be pumping for.

He reminds me of this:

http://808.singersroom.com/wp-conten...10/fatboys.jpg

Quite frankly, I think he would have to lose at least 300 lbs to get down to a healthy weight. He should have started his reality TV stint on The Biggest Loser, not on a show where he's surrounded by food.

That one guy said he was eating chicken pot pies all day - that's just sad.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:39 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,796,116 times
Well I think Robert would still be there except for his loud calling out of Andy. Showed a lack of leadership skills and that's why I think Ramsay chopped him.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:03 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,477,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Best line last night - "The doctor said I have a small heart for my body."

Call me Captain Obvious, but isn't it the other way around - his body is too big for his heart? That poor little ticker needs to pump blood throughout a body that is bloated to double (triple?) the size it should have to be pumping for.

He reminds me of this:

http://808.singersroom.com/wp-conten...10/fatboys.jpg

Quite frankly, I think he would have to lose at least 300 lbs to get down to a healthy weight. He should have started his reality TV stint on The Biggest Loser, not on a show where he's surrounded by food.

That one guy said he was eating chicken pot pies all day - that's just sad.
He said he has a small heart for his body? What? That makes no sense! I'm sure they told him how hard his heart has to work to get the blood pumping throughout his body, but he took it to mean he has a small heart. Wow, that man is a piece of work!! There is hope for Robert, he just has to take the initiative and decide to change for himself. As a chef, he'd be able to make healthy food for himself and stay on track.

Tragically the heaviest of the Fat Boys, The Human Beat Box, died in 1995 of a heart attack. Prince Markie Dee and Kool Rock-Ski went on to lose weight. I'm not sure if they kept it off, because they've been out of the limelight, but I hope they're both healthy.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:18 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,396,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I think a bunch of us C-D Donkeys should apply to be on the show. We have comraderie, we all get along. I'm not the world's greatest chef, but I think between all of us we could kick some ass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I can slice chicken
So can I! And I know when something is cooked. Let's audition for the next season!

Old 08-26-2009, 02:20 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,913,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well I think Robert would still be there except for his loud calling out of Andy. Showed a lack of leadership skills and that's why I think Ramsay chopped him.
I agree completely; but there is not way Robert would have made it to the end. He was dripping sweat into the sauce; GROSS!

It's funny how the chefs bring up uncooked food or small portioned chops. It's almost as if they wonder which will get them in more trouble, not being ready to go to the pass or not having the correct cooked food???

Old 08-26-2009, 05:02 PM

8,878 posts, read 14,018,785 times
And BOOM goes the dynamite for Robert's chances. No big loss there (no pun intended). He was absolutely horrible in the kitchen this season and his antics were over the top assinine. He even looks to be bigger now than in his previous season. So long Bobby!

Andy, just shaddup and enjoy your limited time in HK. You're obviously the one GR is going to string along that the viewers think should have been gone a long time ago. And then to open your mouth and dump on the team mates? The clock is ticking there, big boy.

Van? You stink! The talent does not match the ego. I wonder if he makes grilled cheese with the plastic still on the American cheese slices? I'd bet even Twinkle would take the plastic off!!! BTW Van, you can't even describe the dishes to the guest chef's at the table in the kitchen??? Duh-huh! Again, more brawn than brains.

Kevin got busted for looking good instead of working last night. BwaaaHaaHaa! I think he's one of the best in the house, but getting knocked down a peg or two every now and then isn't bad for the soul.

I won't comment on the ladies tonight other than to say my opinion of Tennille is rising. I don't care for her, but at least she's starting to earn her spot in the kitchen.

Later on, donkeys!

Last edited by Stripes17; 08-26-2009 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: abc

Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,702,071 times
I was happpppppppy forrrrrrrr the ladiesssssssssss. Theyyyyyyyy did a goooooooooooood jobbbbb last nighhhhhhhht. And I'm glaaaaaaaaaaad that Bobby is gone toooooooo.

Sorry...had to do it...our smoking friend didn't get his wish to have Van sent home!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:20 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,210,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
And BOOM goes the dynamite for Robert's chances. No big loss there (no pun intended). He was absolutely horrible in the kitchen this season and his antics were over the top assinine. He even looks to be bigger now than in his previous season. So long Bobby!

Andy, just shaddup and enjoy your limited time in HK. You're obviously the one GR is going to string along that the viewers think should have been gone a long time ago. And then to open your mouth and dump on the team mates? The clock is ticking there, big boy.

Van? You stink! The talent does not match the ego. I wonder if he makes grilled cheese with the plastic still on the American cheese slices? I'd bet even Twinkle would take the plastic off!!! BTW Van, you can't even describe the dishes to the guest chef's at the table in the kitchen??? Duh-huh! Again, more brawn than brains.

Kevin got busted for looking good instead of working last night. BwaaaHaaHaa! I think he's one of the best in the house, but getting knocked down a peg or two every now and then isn't bad for the soul.

I won't comment on the ladies tonight other than to say my opinion of Tennille is rising. I don't care for her, but at least she's starting to earn her spot in the kitchen.

Later on, donkeys!
Agreed. As useless as Twinkle may be in a kitchen, she still knows to remove the plastic from the cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV