Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 AM

563 posts, read 1,029,811 times

Advertisements

Jaxson - Good post, I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,226,918 times
you are SO totally correct. Tried to rep ya......but couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Sorry calling foul or bunk whatever you want me to call it but this is wrong. Every overweight person has a choice just like every smoker has a choice, drinker has a choice food is no different except we need food to survive. Robert or any obese person has a choice to stop over eating and yes it is a very hard choice but if you want a longer hopefully better life you will control your food intake. Every obese person is a health risk to themselves, co-workers, employers, medical personel that have to lift them, operate on them or just take care of them. Come on now.

I am not picking on obese folks I have extra poundage as well. I am not picking on smokers was one for 30+ years. What I am doing is saying we all have to be accountable for our own actions/choices. I know for a fact Robert could not be giving 100% because he couldn't with 200 extra pounds on his frame!

Bad luck had nothing to do with HK's competition it was Robert's lifestyle choices or DNA that brought him to where he is today sorry.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 AM

8,878 posts, read 14,000,031 times
I agree. Roberts size did impede his performance and it contributed to the demise of his shot at HK's prize.

That being said, I think Paula is going to win it all. (At least I hope so.) I think she is the closest thing to professional in that kitchen. Danny is a close second, but I don't see him being comfortable in a fine dining establishment. The other two? They're good fodder for GR to rant about.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:44 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,287,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Jaxson, I have an opinion, you have an opinion. In this particular situation, I don't think there is a specific "right" or "wrong"; the opinions are just different. Obviously, you strongly disagree with my opinion, and that's ok. But simply disagreeing with me doesn't make me automatically wrong. Or you either.

In any event, we're veering way off topic with general discussions of overweight, obesity and their causes and effects. Point is, regardless of the reason, Robert has left the competition and we're on to the Final Four.

So, Jax, I can't recall, who is your pick to win? And why?

You are so correct I apologize for saying your opinion was wrong. Opinions are nice to hear from everybody thank you for sharing yours.

I really don't think any of them deserve to win their own restaurant none of them have shown that high of caliber in any part of this show. But having said that Paula is closer to handling it than any others left I suppose. Even she isn't showing strong leadership which she will absolutely need if she is to be head chef.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:25 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,182,257 times
OMG you donkeys!!! I didn't get to see it yet because I was in San Diego for my son'r spring break. I'm home now, so I'll be watching it tonight. I can't wait to see it!!!!!

Old 04-19-2009, 05:46 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,287,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
OMG you donkeys!!! I didn't get to see it yet because I was in San Diego for my son'r spring break. I'm home now, so I'll be watching it tonight. I can't wait to see it!!!!!
Well this thread "is business so don't take it personal". I bet being with your son on spring break was more fun than watching HK this week.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 PM

I enjoyed the spring break. My son, on the other hand, loathed being "stuck" with his parents for 4 days!

So ... after I watch it tonight I'll have to chime in with my take/spin/thoughts on the happenings!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:32 PM

Okay ... so I watched it! I think Robert got robbed - even though he wasn't one of my favorites. I'm not sure he would have wound up as one of the final two, but I certainly didn't wish any harm on him! I hope he recovers and does something about his weight so that he is just a healthier person in general. Too bad Andrea got the 'get out of jail free' card. She is truly horrible. Every friggin' week she ends up, at the end of the show apologizing and yapping about how shameful and embarrassing her performance was - EVERY WEEK!!!!! She's gotta go!

I don't care for Ben either. He just talks WAY too much!!! He's all talk and no action! I like Paula because she doesn't seem to screw up, and she seems pretty humble. She didn't want to leave Andrea hanging, so she told chef her entree would take more time. She included Andrea in her time estimate - something she didn't have to do. She is a team player, she's humble and chef gives her more compliments than anybody else, whch says to me that she is the best chef on the program.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:02 AM

8,832 posts, read 10,332,022 times
We're pretty close to 50 pages in this thread.
Well, someone's going home tonight. Kinda hope it's Ben, had about enough of his yapping about a big game, as Danny calls it.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:46 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,574,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
We're pretty close to 50 pages in this thread.
Well, someone's going home tonight. Kinda hope it's Ben, had about enough of his yapping about a big game, as Danny calls it.
It doesn't really matter which but it will either be Ben or Andrea but I'd prefer Ben first. Not other outcome seems likely.

(50 pages depending up your settings.....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV