Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 06:16 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,921,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Guilty as charged.

Don't ya just hate it when people get names wrong??? I've had people in these forums call me Twinkle Toe, and Tinkle Toes. I have more than one toe, and I haven't peed on those toes yet!
We'll just call you one of the "donkeys" that post on this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Claire F - I liked your post, but I cannot see Big Bobby going all the way. Physically un-fit and very non-professional. But he does seem to be a decent cook.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:28 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,310,297 times
I saw the comments about Robert's weight making him unfit for the job, and I disagree. It's a good thing no one told Paul Prudhomme or Mario Batali they were unfit to be chefs. He's not my choice to win this, but it has nothing to do with his weight.

My first choice is Paula, and my second choice is Danny.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
I saw the comments about Robert's weight making him unfit for the job, and I disagree. It's a good thing no one told Paul Prudhomme or Mario Batali they were unfit to be chefs. He's not my choice to win this, but it has nothing to do with his weight.

As one that has made mention of Robert's weight in a previous post let me clarify my feelings on his weight. I never said he wasn't "fit for the job" I know a lot of obese people that can rock at something they do in their lives despite being larger than what is healthy. Now having said that Robert is missing out on things in his life right now because of his obese size. He is cutting his life span short being as large as he is now at such a young age to boot. Followed up with yes he could do better in the kitchen if he wasn't the size he is nobody can tell me other wise on that. I know I had a struggle with obesity and know what you can and can't do well with extra blubber hanging around your body frame.

I actually agree with GR's decision tonight on sending Gio home.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post

Claire, I agree with your choices on the final two. I disagree about Robert and his weight. He has shown a few times this season that he has absolutely NO stamina. As long as he stands in one spot, he's okay.

However, when you're on the outside of an organization looking in, you need to have a sharp, professional appearance and ability to perform physically. Although Prudhomme and Batali are large guys, I'd venture to say that they were already large when they hit their fame. Bobby is a newbie that I feel won't cut it at this current shape.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:17 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,013,290 times
Hmmmm not sure I'm sold on tonight's editing. I'll try to say this without being too spoilerish. He's only been in the office for an hour, yet everyone is already in bed (as a side note, what an unflattering and uncalled for shot of Robert )? And then, presto, there they were in the Kitchen wearing exactly the same jackets (check Danny's for evidence).

Secondly, I'm not sold on the threat (Ultimatum? Pronouncement?). The previews for next week take all the teeth out of it.

Anyway, they really did perform like Keystone Kops tonight. All of them. It was a sad spectacle to witness. By the same token, GR went well over the line when he chewed out Gio. Prize or no prize, contract or no contract, had I been Gio, I think I'd have decked him. Probably lose the contest but man, it would have felt good! Until the cops came to arrest me for assault .

/sigh I guess I'm in 'til the end. I'm curious now to see how it pans out (heh pans... I made a joke!).

Old 04-09-2009, 08:47 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,250,294 times
I really want Ben to go home, I just do. I think he is full of himself.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
bjh

60,098 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I really want Ben to go home, I just do. I think he is full of himself.
Agreed. Ben makes one good dish, one mind you, and it confirms all his illusions of grandeur. He's forgotten all the prior dishes that didn't even come close to Danny or Paula's.

Gio hasn't really been shown to be lacking previously. I don't blame him for snapping back at GR. That guy just goes too far. GR makes it personal and then says it isn't. BS. If it's professional, than BE professional, Gordon. You #$*. Now *&#@ off.

As for closing HK, it actually looks and sounds like GR gives them another chance. Maybe he just says he'll close the kitchen to light a fire under their butts. (almost literally)

I don't agree with the elimination. There should have been at least a couple of others that went instead.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:45 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,170,962 times
yep-tonight was not at all what I thought it was going to be. Shame on me for assumptions.
Also tonight's eppy was boring......a real snoozefest.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:52 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,196,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
# 1 Gio hasn't really been shown to be lacking previously. I don't blame him for snapping back at GR. That guy just goes too far. GR makes it personal and then says it isn't. BS. If it's professional, than BE professional, Gordon. You #$*. Now *&#@ off.

# 2 As for closing HK, it actually looks and sounds like GR gives them another chance. Maybe he just says he'll close the kitchen to light a fire under their butts. (almost literally)

# 3 I don't agree with the elimination. There should have been at least a couple of others that went instead.
#1 Gio has been on meat stations before and didn't do such a great job of it either. How did he wind up on the girl's team????? I totally agree how can GR say it isn't personal but professional when he acts like an jackass himself most of the time on all his shows? I would never say his behavior is "professional" theatrical for ratings but not professional. I have never seen why he must belittle and name call like he does then not except it when somebody does it back to him. I am talking about all the shows he does not just HK.

#2 That was just a ratings ploy too we all saw them scurrying around like little mice getting to their stations. Think maybe ole Gordon is running out of tricks to pull viewers in.

#3 Now here bjh we are on opposite sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV