Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 08:46 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,165,374 times

Advertisements

Oh!!!!! I have an hour and 15 minutes now. I can't wait!!! Aw shucks, you guys are nice! Even if you did post spoilers, I'd still watch it anyway. My hubby will be home from work in a few minutes, so I won't be on again until after the show - so spoil away donkeys!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:59 PM

8,831 posts, read 10,320,926 times
Exclamation Down to the final 3

After her pouting during the prep work and punishment, Andrea deserves to go. Did she really say "My hair hurts"?, I swear that is what I heard, if she thinks it's tough there, what makes her think it's gonna be easier while at Borgata?

It was time for Ben to go, his talk of having a big game and being better than everyone else was wearing very thin. Although I will admit, he took the whippings very well, still though, he didn't produce well enough to win. I'm still thinking back to when he served desert before appetizers during the steak episode. Probably one of the more arrogant chefs in the history of the show. Still can't hold a candle to Jen from last season for that title though.

That was cool the wedding proposal, wonder if it was planned out by FOX before the dinner service

I think it's interesting to go back whenever it gets down to the final team the show goes back and airs the positive highlights for the departing chef. Too funny with ben's argument with Danny, "You couldnt cook my "

Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 PM
bjh

60,474 posts, read 30,627,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I think it's interesting to go back whenever it gets down to the final team the show goes back and airs the positive highlights for the departing chef. Too funny with ben's argument with Danny, "You couldnt cook my "
Danny could cook Ben's better than Ben ever could.

The elimination was about flipping time. I am in amazement that either Ben or Andrea lasted this long. It may go to show what a poor pool of contestants they drew from this time around.

I'm really hoping now that the remaining donkey in the final 3 doesn't get into the final 2. It would be a tragedy if Paula and Danny didn't get to duke it out until the finish line. Of course, it would make GR's final decision an easy one. I wish him a difficult final decision then!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,955,472 times
I haven't read any spoliers y'all may have posted... just wanted to throw out a "donkey" to all my fellow viewers! 35 minutes and countin"....

Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,761,033 times
I think it will be a travesty if Andrea is in the final two. i was deeply disappointed she didn't walk the plank.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,165,374 times
I'm so glad Ben is gone. He's such a big mouth, good for nothing loser. Too bad chef didn't kick Andrea to the curb along with Ben! I thought she did a better job than Ben tonight though. Ben screwed up the salad, then something else (can't remember) and seemed to provoke the ire of GR more than anyone else in the kitchen - with madam coming in a close second.

Now, at the end, when Danny was yapping and saying he is a cooking prodigy, I was busting up! I mean, if I were on that show I think I'd try to be somewhat humble and not so arrogant. I think that's why I like Paula - she exudes confidence, yet it's understated and she never toots her own horn.

Yeah, when Andrea was b*tching and moaning about how tough it was and how tired she was and how everything hurts - including her hair ... yes, she did say her hair hurt, I was thinking "Get over yourself, you donkey! Everyone's tired!!!"

Good show tonight, but how much more dramatic it could have been if the proposal would have resulted in a "No".

I can't wait for next week!!! Until then, donkeys ........

Old 04-24-2009, 12:30 AM

2,689 posts, read 6,955,472 times
Ben's gone! Ben's gone! WooT!

Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,021,482 times
On March 27, Dreamweavin wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
anyone else see Danny sliding in ,under the radar, as the winner?

And immediately after that, still on March 27, Twinkle Toes responded:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah - GR gives Danny compliments here and there like "good job". He hasn't really been yelled at much. On the red team, I see Paula may emerge because we don't hear much about her skills either. She's kinda laying low too.

Are you two psychic??? Man, the producers at HK need to tighten up their act if viewers are able to figure out the ending a full month before the series ends. Edit more evenly, instruct Ramsay to be an equal-opportunity screamer, do something so the end results are telegraphed so early (does anyone use telegraph anymore?).

Or, better still, find a group of highly talented contestants, making it impossible to determine who the probable winner is. Neither Danny nor Paula are stand-out winners (IMO), they just didn't perform as poorly as the rest of the crew.

Anyway, Ms. Andrea. I chuckled when she said her hair hurt. hehe I've heard that line before -- heck, I think I may have even said it before. I'm sure it was meant as a joke. She just didn't deliver it well . That's been her story all season -- good material, didn't deliver it well.

Oh, and with regard to Ben! Thank goodness. It's about time. It's PAST time! Now please let him come back next week, long enough to hold the door for Andrea as she walks out.

Any guesses on who walks through the door for next week (based on the tease)? I'm torn between it being family members and the prior contestants. Someone said this would be the hardest challenge, so I'm leaning toward the prior contestants. The priors would be good critics, since they know precisely how the meals should be prepared.

Only 160ish hours 'til we know!

Old 04-24-2009, 07:44 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,271,413 times
What struck a nerve with me when Andre was complaining (I am use to that by now) was when she said "I didn't come here for this". Meaning the cleaning which I found very odd because who does she think is going to clean her kitchen? Is she benneath doing it herself if her staff walked out? Food workers come and go even in the higher end joints why does she think she going to be just doing the fun parts?

Her mentality is why our country is in the shape it is "it's not my job" thinking stinks to high heaven with me.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:45 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,435,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Ben screwed up the salad, then something else (can't remember) and seemed to provoke the ire of GR more than anyone else in the kitchen - with madam coming in a close second.
It was the stupid Risotto againhe didn't season it.........That's why the donkey is gone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV