Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 04:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,861 times

Advertisements

Leave the Gosslins alone. So what if their money comes from TLC. They obviously love and adore their kids and are at home with them. How many of us wish we could have stayed home with our kids???? They are honest people doing the right thing. I think you people leaving negative comments are just simply jealous.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 PM

90 posts, read 177,025 times
First of all, there is no jealousy it's called doing what's right. Prostitution of kids in any form whether it be for drug money or for whatever is just WRONG period! To have a show on the premise that they were a working couple taking care of these many kids was what they wanted viewers to believe. Now while still maintaining that premise, BOTH OF THEM ARE NOT WORKING and they have a staff to take care of the house and the kids. A house that is being paid for by others other than themselves but still wanting viewers to believe that they purchased the house and all the expensive things in it and for themselves. Can you with a straight face actually tell me that they didn't put this idea into that woman in Florida's head with the 14 kids to go ahead and have so many kids even though she can't afford to have all these kids? That means she is also looking for someone to fork out the money and give her her own show as well.

People open your eyes...Jon and Kate are totally out of the loop with reality and only want $$$$$$$$$$$ and that's all. Why did Jon quit his job? I know plenty of people who have to work 2 jobs to support their family why can't they??

Old 02-10-2009, 05:09 PM

26 posts, read 62,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
First of all, there is no jealousy it's called doing what's right. Prostitution of kids in any form whether it be for drug money or for whatever is just WRONG period! To have a show on the premise that they were a working couple taking care of these many kids was what they wanted viewers to believe. Now while still maintaining that premise, BOTH OF THEM ARE NOT WORKING and they have a staff to take care of the house and the kids. A house that is being paid for by others other than themselves but still wanting viewers to believe that they purchased the house and all the expensive things in it and for themselves. Can you with a straight face actually tell me that they didn't put this idea into that woman in Florida's head with the 14 kids to go ahead and have so many kids even though she can't afford to have all these kids? That means she is also looking for someone to fork out the money and give her her own show as well.

People open your eyes...Jon and Kate are totally out of the loop with reality and only want $$$$$$$$$$$ and that's all. Why did Jon quit his job? I know plenty of people who have to work 2 jobs to support their family why can't they??
Very nicely said, With all the financial crises going on out there in peoples lives, People r loosing their jobs and homes and some have to choose between eating and shelter, It disgusting to see this family living so lavishly and blatantly flaunting it as is if they actually worked for it. Instead they r earning it of the displaying of their kids of on TV. If they had been truthful and not going with the deceptive storyline of the show maybe there won't be a growing backlash around the show. "Kate if you r going to flaunt something as being all yours, you at least be honest with the views and tell them you didn't pay a cent for it. Also Jon refers to the house as our house why do you refer to it as " my house". " Like I said before all these reality show such as the Duggars and Jon and Kate should go.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 PM

1,014 posts, read 3,585,845 times
Live and let live! No matter how much money or goods Jon and Kate get I would not want to be in their shoes . Not even for a big house ( that in its self would be a bear to keep up with). I grew up with 8 other siblings - all singletons and that was not glamourous what so ever! All I got to say I wish them the best.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 AM

26 posts, read 62,170 times
Mod cut - deleted post referenced here

First of all, if TLC had been truthfull when they changed the original premise of the show and said although the show is based on a real family but situations and events on the show where being manipulated and staged for viewer interest a lot of us would have no problem. Yes a lot of us would like to be paid actors on a so called reality show however where I draw the line is, the kids have no say! They are not being paid. I hope money will be set aside for these kids for latter help they might need, after all we've all seen what can happen to child stars when their parent don't know when to stop and put their children first.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-11-2009 at 08:19 AM..

Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 2,698 times
What about the other "mom" who popped out 8, had 6 already, and is now on welfare and food stamps? I like what Jon & Kate are doing more.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,519,625 times
This thread is on the point of being closed. Let's try to remain civil, stay on topic and try to find a Pennsylvania connection, otherwise we can move the whole thing to the entertainment forum.

Also a reminder regarding the TOS for this site:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:43 AM

444 posts, read 1,049,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingStandards View Post
And one more thing, the Jon and Kate home was purchased by TLC and they did not fork out a dime...PATHETIC and to be proud of this, DISGUSTING! At least the Duggers have whatever they have with their own work and money and not by just be obnoxious like J and K are.

The duggars built there own house and built it together. They already had money before the show even started they rent out a buch of comercial properties which I think is way more than what Jon and Kate were doing. Sorry it just makes me sick there are people out there tha have no money and no food to eat and they get a free house?!

Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 AM

Oh well, I have just called the cable company and had TLC removed from my channel listing and have replaced it with a movie channel. My family members have done the same thing...AHHHHH!

Old 02-11-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy15161 View Post
The duggars built there own house and built it together. They already had money before the show even started they rent out a buch of comercial properties which I think is way more than what Jon and Kate were doing. Sorry it just makes me sick there are people out there tha have no money and no food to eat and they get a free house?!
My point exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV