Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 07:04 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,531,229 times

Advertisements

Today reached the height of ridiculousness with Chloe. Hide the kid in Brazil? Or Rio or wherever he was? Gee, good thing Dr. Dan speaks Portuguese because he is going to be able to figure it out from what he heard over the phone speaking with Nancy.

What a lame story. So I guess they will be getting rid of Parker as well as Chloe because hopefully Jen will tell Daniel what's going on. Chloe would keep Parker away from Daniel out of sheer spite. Who knows? This is just so goofy it's hard to tell.

Boy I would hate to be a kid growning up in Salem. No one has even a halfway normal childhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM

19,299 posts, read 16,833,967 times
I know it's only a soap but this storyline is really bothering me because it is real. Have a friend whose ex-spouse "kidnapped" her daughter. She didn't know where in the world he could have taken her. It did work out okay and the girl was returned but this story with Chloe is truer than people know.

After today's episode, I hope Chloe gets hit by a truck. Never, ever ever use a child as a weapon. I really hope Jen does tell Dan what Chloe's doing so he can finally know what a witch his son's mother is. Can't wait til she's gone and I hope Dan gets to keep Parker. He's better parent than Chloe. And that's my

Old 03-30-2013, 12:58 AM

Every once in awhile a soap or a drama does hit home. I have had that happen as well so I understand how you feel. I can't recall the story now but I do remember that at one time they had one that touched on something that had happened in my life and I was pretty upset watching it as well.

I think it will be resolved pretty quickly though because Chloe isn't going to be around Salem for too much longer. I just hope they leave Parker with Daniel. I mentioned before that I thought they would get rid of him but on second thought, maybe they won't. Chloe has just come and gone too many times. I think it's time to get rid of her for good as they did with Jack. If that's going to happen and hopefully it will, there would be every reason to keep Parker and let Jen and Daniel raise him.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:09 AM

On a lighter note, however, I am giggling over the whole Rafe/Kate thing. I don't think either of them are really all that compatible but it's sure fun to watch opposites attracted to each other.

Also, I did get to watch today and I thought it was really cool how Rafe and Dan had a "guy" conversation. They need to do more of those types of scenes on the show. We rarely get to see guys talking about sensitive stuff. They're all just business but this was sort of fun.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:25 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,440,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I know it's only a soap but this storyline is really bothering me because it is real. Have a friend whose ex-spouse "kidnapped" her daughter. She didn't know where in the world he could have taken her. It did work out okay and the girl was returned but this story with Chloe is truer than people know.

After today's episode, I hope Chloe gets hit by a truck. Never, ever ever use a child as a weapon. I really hope Jen does tell Dan what Chloe's doing so he can finally know what a witch his son's mother is. Can't wait til she's gone and I hope Dan gets to keep Parker. He's better parent than Chloe. And that's my
Dan had his chance to be a father to his son, but he divorced Chloe and tossed her out like trash instead. Chloe's mistake was coming back to town thinking she would be able to fix a long dead relationship. She should have just went on with her life with Parker and never told that Lothario that he is the bio father. Hopefully she leaves town with her son who she has always been there for and never looks back. I refuse to allow bad writers to manipulate me into hating characters I've always liked.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Dan had his chance to be a father to his son, but he divorced Chloe and tossed her out like trash instead. Chloe's mistake was coming back to town thinking she would be able to fix a long dead relationship. She should have just went on with her life with Parker and never told that Lothario that he is the bio father. Hopefully she leaves town with her son who she has always been there for and never looks back. I refuse to allow bad writers to manipulate me into hating characters I've always liked.
I kinda get this. I liked Chloe before she came back. The writers do make the characters good and bad and sympathetic and unsympathetic at times. At first, Daniel wasn't a very nice guy but now we are supposed to like him.

The writers have an obsession about people "changing." They use that word a lot.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I remember that storyline. Caroline blurted out that Parker wasn't Dan's child on the day of Parker's baptism. Phillip was thought to be Parker's father but Chloe was being manipulated by Vivian and tricked to believe Dan was messing around with Carly. Until Chloe returned to Salem, Dan still believed Parker was Phillip's child, not his. The worst was that Chloe didn't come clean after she slept with Phillip but that's the dumb kind of stuff writers do on that show.

Just once I've love to have them write a storyline where someone actually admits they lied, or cheated or did something that had consequences. It would be refreshing but it would pretty much shoot down a long, painful story

Old 03-31-2013, 06:40 PM

But they lie for the most noble of reasons. At least some of them do. Like I bet Jen is not going to tell Daniel that Chloe is blackmailing her into dumping him so she won't take Parker away. BTW, does Daniel need his name on the birth certificate to prove he is Parker's father if he has the DNA proof? I don't understand how Chloe can say he has no claim just because of the bureaucratic mess up that left the birth certificate blank where the father's name should be that gives Daniel no rights as Parker's dad.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:27 PM

I was wondering the same thing. There WAS DNA proof. Chloe was the one who said they tested again so why is she now saying Daniel doesn't have a leg to stand on? Maybe she knows how naive (or trusting) she is and that she wouldn't do something to hurt anyone's child, she'll just back off and let Chloe win. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'll make sure to watch because I want to find out what happens after she opens the front door.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:14 AM

5,121 posts, read 16,631,205 times
Is Jen 12? This blackmail 1/2 of a couple to stay away from their SO is ridiculous. She could just tell Daniel what Chole is up to. Daniel could "fake" a break-up w/Jen, spend time w/Chloe giving her a false sense of a relationship with him, get Daniel's name on the birth certificate then drop Chloe like a hot potato.

I'm so over this. I just FF through Jen's scenes. She's BEEEEEyond pathetic. Why, oh WHY does she let Chloe have the percieved control over the situation? Jen needs a backbone. She's not worth watching anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV