Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 PM

19,378 posts, read 16,943,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Is Jen 12? This blackmail 1/2 of a couple to stay away from their SO is ridiculous. She could just tell Daniel what Chole is up to. Daniel could "fake" a break-up w/Jen, spend time w/Chloe giving her a false sense of a relationship with him, get Daniel's name on the birth certificate then drop Chloe like a hot potato.

I'm so over this. I just FF through Jen's scenes. She's BEEEEEyond pathetic. Why, oh WHY does she let Chloe have the percieved control over the situation? Jen needs a backbone. She's not worth watching anymore.
I like that idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,595,325 times
For me, Jen's actions and comments make her far more nasty than Chloe can ever be. First of all lying to Daniel and not telling him his son has been kidnapped is unforgivable. I don't care what the terms of Chloe's threats are. Daniel needs to know his son has been stolen.

Second the comment Jen screamed at him "You're not Jack!" is totally unforgivable. Even if everything works out okay and Parker is returned to Daniel, how can he forgive that statement? I don't care how or why Jen said it. That is the meanest most hurtful thing anyone can say to a new love. It's comparing a new love to an old and you just do not do that. Especially I think when the old love is deceased because a new love can never compete with that.

So, so very mean. Daniel needs to dump her ASAP.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 PM

I was shocked to hear her say those things to him. Daniel should just walk away. Knowing his son is in Brazil and being used as a pawn in a sick game, she should be adult enough to speak up. Her silence is just as bad as Chloe's deceit. Dan sure knows how to pick 'em.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I was shocked to hear her say those things to him. Daniel should just walk away. Knowing his son is in Brazil and being used as a pawn in a sick game, she should be adult enough to speak up. Her silence is just as bad as Chloe's deceit. Dan sure knows how to pick 'em.

So was I. I know it's just a TV show but the writers are making a big mistake on this one. We are supposed to believe that Jennifer is being so noble and self sacrificing that she will say anything for Daniel to be able to keep his son but this is not the way to do it.

She is being stupid and using hurtful words. All she is doing is adding to Chloe's blackmail. Even Ann, who is supposed to be another evil one tried to talk some sense into Chole but Ann is just another Chloe pawn when it comes right down to it. I think she has been mistreated by Jennifer and her family to the point where she would go along with anything that would hurt any one of them but also she allows herself to be domineered by Chloe just a little too much.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:10 PM

Default More Thoughts On Jen After Today

It was almost painful to watch the scene between Jennifer and Daniel today.

I realize this is just a TV show but this storyline bugs me more than any. It appears the writers are trying to manipulate us to be sympathetic to the character of Jennifer but they are so clueless it's unbelieveable. Even when it comes to her relationship with Ann.

I actually find myself sympathizing with Ann. The writers chose an actress who is unatractive and scowling all the time but the situaion is one where Jen is always leaving work and Ann has to cover for her. Jen's daughter gets to waltz in like she owns the place and interfere with Ann's job. Jen can do whatever she wants at the hospital but Ann has to keep her nose to the grindstone.

Is it a wonder Ann hates her? I have worked in various offices where this kind of favoritism went on for whatever reason and it wasn't fun.

But Jen is cute, blonde, wealthy and comes from a prominent family. Obviously Ann doesn't. And we know although Chloe is beautiful and talented she also doesn't and has never really gotten over her humble beginnings.

But time after time the writers want us to be on Jen's side. I don't get how they can be so clueless. Maybe it's this lack of understanding how the audience relates to the characters that is causing so many of the soaps to die nowadays.

I just think there are more "Anns" out there than "Jens" watching the show.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:34 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,452,797 times
It's hysterical the depths thes hacks are wiiling to drag Chloe to in order to make Dan and Jennifer a viable couple. Ken Corday has no shame.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM

I think Ken Corday is really old school in his thinking and needs to retire if he is still writing for this show. Isn't he one of the original writers? I know it takes a team. I have thought for a long time that some the writing on Days appears very fresh and new but some seems very dated.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:33 PM

Ken doesn't write for the show now but he may have input. They had a writer until 2011, that wasn't very popular. Dena Higley. She was replaced with Marlene Poulter and Darrell Thomas, Jr. who were replaced last year by Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell (he wrote previously for the show between 2008 and 2011 with Higley. The show had some serious budget problems and had to let a lot of their characters go in 2007. Some of the younger ones that I liked were gone and haven't been back. I'd like to see them come back. The show was a bit more fun back then. Now, some of the stories are ridiculous.

Although, I am enjoying the intrigue with Kristen and Brady. I can't wait to see what happens with that. Brady will will get his heart broken ... again. He really has the worst luck with women. I'd like to see them replace Bo. Hope's character just doesn't seem to have much going on without him. I'm still trying to accept Rafe and Kate as a couple but it's challenging.

I don't know how they are going to end this triangle with Jen/Daniel/Chole, though. Since Nadia is leaving, it's anyone's guess whether she just leaves town or whether she's committed. I don't remember her ever being this crazy. It's a mystery as to what the writers are up to.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:13 PM

You sure know your writers! I didn't know all of that. I remember when it first began the credits said "Mrs. Ken Korday" as one of the producers or writers or someone and I thought that was dumb they used that name rather than her name.

Whatever happens with Chloe, I bet Daniel will eventually find out what she's done. He's being really persistent. I don't think wimpy Jen will break down and tell him.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:48 AM

HA! You give me more credit than I deserve. I knew about Dena Higley but I had to look up the other writers. I just remember reading an article about one writer that was ruining the show. Turned out it was Higley. I know I can tell a difference in story lines when they get new writers.

Up until this whole Chloe going bonkers, the show wasn't too bad. I didn't like Brady and his father getting into a fist fight but I only avoided it for a day and then it was over. I'm just not into violence especially in families. I guess it comes from working too many years in criminal justice. I saw too many people who were victims of abuse and read too many police reports. Anyway ...

About Kristen (Eileen Davidson) is doing dual roles now. She's on Days and Y&R. I think the Y&R stint is a short one. It's nice to see her there. She's a much nicer character than Kristen but it sure is a credit to her talent that she can be so polar opposite on the shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV