Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I have to add that way back I mentioned that if EJ wasn't really Steffy's son, how come he looks exactly like Santos. Hah! Now we know.
I remember that. Good call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 07:10 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Gotta find out what brand she uses.
Exactly what I was thinkin'.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:32 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Wow! If looks could kill, when EJ found out Carrie left town, the look he gave Rafe was positively murderous. It's pretty funny how quickly he switched from pledging his undying love to Nicole to Sami.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:13 PM

Yeah, they sure do have a change of heart too often. Not very believable, imo. What's the word I'm looking for? Fickle. That's it! I don't know why the writers have to push love stories through so quickly. It's a SOAP, for cryin' out loud! It goes on and on so why not let a love interest develop. Seems like they have Sami in love with Rafe one week, then Lucas and then EJ. Or Nicole. First it's Brady, then EJ, then Brady and now Daniel. Good grief!

Old 08-23-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Yeah, they sure do have a change of heart too often. Not very believable, imo. What's the word I'm looking for? Fickle. That's it! I don't know why the writers have to push love stories through so quickly. It's a SOAP, for crying' out loud! It goes on and on so why not let a love interest develop. Seems like they have Sami in love with Rafe one week, then Lucas and then EJ. Or Nicole. First it's Brady, then EJ, then Brady and now Daniel. Good grief!
This has always bothered me because even though I know it's just a soap and it isn't suppose to be real, it's the most far fetched thing about them that I just can't accept. People just don't switch their emotions on and off that quickly. At least not most of us. It really takes away from the stories no matter how silly they may be in other respects.

And the personalities can be so different. I mean I can see similarities in Nicole and Sami so I can see why EJ would fall for both of them but Daniel has fallen for people so different it makes your head spin. From Kate to maybe Lexie to Chloe to Jen to Nicole who else have I left out he keeps picking different women all the time. And good old Rebecca whom we have never met was supposed to have been a saint so you would think he would be trying to meet someone who was at least a little bit like her.

And Brady seems to be suffering from the "Little Joe Cartwright Syndrome." Every woman he meets dies.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
And Brady seems to be suffering from the "Little Joe Cartwright Syndrome." Every woman he meets dies.
Maybe the writers could give him a horse, a hat and a green jacket.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:56 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Well, Nicole of course would be fickle; she just wants someone to take care of her, and she doesn't care who it is. Looking out for #1, she is.

And Sami doesn't know her own mind. But dang, I love Sami and Rafe together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Maybe the writers could give him a horse, a hat and a green jacket.
LMAO! That certainly would improve things.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Well, Nicole of course would be fickle; she just wants someone to take care of her, and she doesn't care who it is. Looking out for #1, she is.
I hate it when the writers do that. I don't make them taking care of themselves but when they turn them into needy wimps, it irks me.

And Sami doesn't know her own mind. But dang, I love Sami and Rafe together. [/quote]

I like Rafe better than EJ. I've read a lot of comments elsewhere from people who think EJ is just the bees knees. I don't get it. His nasty disposition repels me. Rafe is just sweet yet logical and has integrity. Guess that's why I like his character better. And seeing how I dislike Sami, I don't mind if she stays with EJ. They are perfect for each other.

I'd still like to see them do more with Brady's character. In fact, I'd like to see the writers put him in charge of Titan again and use more business dealings in the story lines.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:55 PM

It looks like Brady will be away for awhile. He said something about going to see Madison's sisters. I had heard he was going be be written out of the show but then that was dropped. So maybe it's just temporary. I hope so. I would hate to lose him.

What is wrong with Julie? How can she even think of asking Melanie to support Nick returning? And what rock has she been living under that she thought Melanie got a letter that Nick was up for parole? Well, Mel was under a rock come to think of it. A lot of rocks. So she was just a little behind in her mail, I guess. I wanted to smack Julie for being so insensitive. So it's her family. So what?

Some good lines today. Like "Why don't the people we like ever come back from the dead?" and "Friends without benefits."

And something Will said about telling it straight about not being straight and getting it straight. It looks like Gabi and Will really understand one another.

Poor Rafe seems still hung up on Sami. At least a little bit.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 PM

Glad you mentioned Julie. I was going to ask what she said to Melanie. I had water running and missed it but the look on Melanie's face told me it wasn't good. I wouldn't have understood the question anyway because I don't know who Nick is or how he's connected to Julie or Melanie.

I also didn't know that Brady was going to be written off the show. Wow! I need to read more information on the comings and goings on the show. One departure that surprised me was ....

Spoiler
Joseph Mascolo Makes a Bold Move

Though he vehemently denied the rumor, Joseph Mascolo will indeed by joining the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful later this month.
It's been more than two months since Mascolo exited his role as Stefano DiMera on Days of Our Lives. Mascolo's exit with the show was amicable, but it was clear that the actor definitely wanted to remain on the show's canvas.
In March, a message appeared on Mascolo's official web site claiming that his contract talks with the network had broken down and that he'd be leaving the show when his contract expired. A day or so later, the message was rescinded and a post was made claiming that the first note was a fraud.
In the end, however, the first message appeared to be accurate. Though Mascolo says that he bargained "in good faith," talks apparently did break down and Mascolo exited the show on June 14th.
Even before Mascolo's exit from DAYS was official rumors of interest by B&B hit the net. Soap Opera Central first reported that Mascolo was being courted by B&B in April. It was said at that time that Mascolo would possibly play a love interest for actress Darlene Conley's Sally Spectra.
Now, Soap Opera Central has learned that Mascolo will play Massimo Marone, an "importer/exporter" on the show. Instead of sharing a past with Sally, Mascolo's character will be associated with Stephanie Forrester. It's unclear if this implies any sort of past or present romance.
As for Mascolo's character on Days Of Our Lives, the show has not ruled out the possibility of recasting Stefano. Mascolo was scheduled to tape his first B&B episodes on August 6th. He'll make his on-air debut on August 23rd.

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/bnbtintmascolo/

Hate to see Rafe fall back into Sami's web. That won't end well. Will and Gabi were cute today. I liked their banter and humor about the whole situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV