Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 01:29 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,148,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Now that Madison is gone, who will Brady hook up with?
Me! I'll take him, he's hot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 01:32 PM

44,458 posts, read 20,223,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I think these SOAPs are hurting, financially. Peter Reckell (Bo) was asked to take a cut in pay and he said no. Another one is an actor (can't remember his name) from B&B. I read an article on another site about him leaving the show after 25 years. He was asked to take a cut in pay and he said no, too. They're going to re-cast the part. I wonder if they'll do the same with Bo's part.
I don't remember exactly when it was, but for a year or two they had a different actor playing Bo. He looked similar to Peter Reckell, so the transition wasn't too bad. But I was glad when Reckell came back.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:16 PM

19,363 posts, read 16,919,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Yeah, where has Rafe been during this Great Disaster of Salem?

BTW, Jennifer and Abby keep mentioning her brother "J.J." Where is he and why doesn't he live in Salem? They mentioned him coming to visit next Christmas, but heck, he didn't even visit last Christmas.

Also, when Jennifer and Abby notified the 3 women at the Brady pub of Jack's death, I don't know how they're related to him since I've only been watching for 1 1/2 years and these women aren't on that often (the doctor - I guess her name's Kayla, Justin's wife, and that older woman who's on the show very seldomly). Can anyone tell me how those 3 relate to Jack?
I missed yesterday's episode but thought I'd just answer one of your questions. Kayla is Jack's sister. The older woman might be Caroline but since I didn't see Thursday's show, I'm not quite sure. One of our other DOOL viewers will be able to answer it.

Nice to see another poster here on the thread. We do have fun around here. Hope you stay a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Me! I'll take him, he's hot!
Oh no you don't!!! He's mine!!!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
I don't remember exactly when it was, but for a year or two they had a different actor playing Bo. He looked similar to Peter Reckell, so the transition wasn't too bad. But I was glad when Reckell came back.
Hey there PJ, long time no see. Nice to see you. Yeah, I remember reading on this thread that there was a different Bo, at one time. I wasn't watching back then so I don't know who it was but I really like Peter Reckell. I first saw him when he and Hope were dating so he will always be the one and only Bo, to me. I missed a lot of years and only came back a few years ago. In fact, I came back to the show shortly before Marlena and John left the show. I think he was being released from the hospital for some reason and then, the next thing I knew, they were gone from the show.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:36 PM

44,458 posts, read 20,223,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I missed yesterday's episode but thought I'd just answer one of your questions. Kayla is Jack's sister. The older woman might be Caroline but since I didn't see Thursday's show, I'm not quite sure. One of our other DOOL viewers will be able to answer it.

Nice to see another poster here on the thread. We do have fun around here. Hope you stay a while

Oh no you don't!!! He's mine!!!!! LOL

Hey there PJ, long time no see. Nice to see you. Yeah, I remember reading on this thread that there was a different Bo, at one time. I wasn't watching back then so I don't know who it was but I really like Peter Reckell. I first saw him when he and Hope were dating so he will always be the one and only Bo, to me. I missed a lot of years and only came back a few years ago. In fact, I came back to the show shortly before Marlena and John left the show. I think he was being released from the hospital for some reason and then, the next thing I knew, they were gone from the show.
Marlena and John have come and gone so many times, it's ridiculous! But then, that's what soaps are all about, isn't it?

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Marlena and John have come and gone so many times, it's ridiculous! But then, that's what soaps are all about, isn't it?

Lots of comings and goings in the past few years. Mostly budget cuts. It doesn't make sense to me to keep so-so actors and get rid of the good ones. Of course, an actor is only as good as its writer and some of the writers needed to be tossed out with the bunch. lol I read DOOL got rid of one of its writers. Can't remember her name but she was really messing up the story lines and viewers were ticked. She's gone now and the story lines seem to be improving. Yea!!!!!!

Have a great weekend, PJ and do stop back in to say hi and dish about the show.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,978,357 times
The two ladies at the pub were Adrienne - Jacks's sister and Kayla is married to Jack's brother.

Definitely think a rock should fall on Gabi and Ian. I knew he did it.

What do ya'll think about Sami being back with EJ?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 PM

42,090 posts, read 75,654,963 times
The older woman with Adrienne and Kayla was Julie Olson Williams. She is Hope's sister and stepmother (), and Jennifer's cousin. Julie's mom was Addie Horton, sister to Bill Horton, Jennifer's father. Julie also is married to Doug Williams, who is Hope's father and was married to Addie for a short time.

Is that Ralph Waite playing the priest?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,581,082 times
Sami back with EJ makes my head spin. Especially because he declared that Nicole was the true love of his life. Well, out of sight out of mind I guess.

Today's show was so predictable. I have some guesses for Monday's show. Just in case I am right and you don't want to see my guesses.

Spoiler
Okay, so I guessed that EJ's message to meet the informant was a setup for someone to get both him and Sami. Those ugly shoes of the person who hit him from behind had to be Ian's. As soon as Sami put on that tight black dress I had a hunch it was Rafe at the door but since he grabbed her from behind it must have been someone who was not working with him but with whoever hit EJ (Ian?) and was out to get Sami as well.

Whew! Well, I'll see Monday how close I am or maybe I will look at some spoilers to see if I got it right. The reason I use the spoiler feature for guesses is because once I did that on another shows forum and I was correct and someone ripped me a new one for making her think and ruining it for her. So now I am cautious just in case.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,581,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The older woman with Adrienne and Kayla was Julie Olson Williams. She is Hope's sister and stepmother (), and Jennifer's cousin. Julie's mom was Addie Horton, sister to Bill Horton, Jennifer's father. Julie also is married to Doug Williams, who is Hope's father and was married to Addie for a short time.

Is that Ralph Waite playing the priest?
Yep, good old Daddy Walton himself.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
The two ladies at the pub were Adrienne - Jacks's sister and Kayla is married to Jack's brother.

Thank you, happeemommee. I was incorrect when I said Kayla was Jack's sister. I could see Adrienne in my head but I wrote Kayla. BTW, I really like Adrienne and Justin together. They are such a cute couple. I wish they were on screen a little more. Shorten Sami and EJ scenes and have more Adrienne and Justin.

Quote:
What do ya'll think about Sami being back with EJ?

I think it's stupid stupid stupid. Here they are trading spit and it wasn't that long ago she was shooting him in the head. Stupid stupid stupid. Did I mention how stupid I think it is????

I think you're right about the EJ plot, Minervah. There is more trouble afoot for EJ. And Rafe finally showed up too. I was wondering where he's been hiding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV