Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Glad you mentioned Julie. I was going to ask what she said to Melanie. I had water running and missed it but the look on Melanie's face told me it wasn't good. I wouldn't have understood the question anyway because I don't know who Nick is or how he's connected to Julie or Melanie.

I also didn't know that Brady was going to be written off the show. Wow! I need to read more information on the comings and goings on the show. One departure that surprised me was ....

Spoiler
Joseph Mascolo Makes a Bold Move

Though he vehemently denied the rumor, Joseph Mascolo will indeed by joining the cast of The Bold and the Beautiful later this month.
It's been more than two months since Mascolo exited his role as Stefano DiMera on Days of Our Lives. Mascolo's exit with the show was amicable, but it was clear that the actor definitely wanted to remain on the show's canvas.
In March, a message appeared on Mascolo's official web site claiming that his contract talks with the network had broken down and that he'd be leaving the show when his contract expired. A day or so later, the message was rescinded and a post was made claiming that the first note was a fraud.
In the end, however, the first message appeared to be accurate. Though Mascolo says that he bargained "in good faith," talks apparently did break down and Mascolo exited the show on June 14th.
Even before Mascolo's exit from DAYS was official rumors of interest by B&B hit the net. Soap Opera Central first reported that Mascolo was being courted by B&B in April. It was said at that time that Mascolo would possibly play a love interest for actress Darlene Conley's Sally Spectra.
Now, Soap Opera Central has learned that Mascolo will play Massimo Marone, an "importer/exporter" on the show. Instead of sharing a past with Sally, Mascolo's character will be associated with Stephanie Forrester. It's unclear if this implies any sort of past or present romance.
As for Mascolo's character on Days Of Our Lives, the show has not ruled out the possibility of recasting Stefano. Mascolo was scheduled to tape his first B&B episodes on August 6th. He'll make his on-air debut on August 23rd.

Joseph Mascolo

Hate to see Rafe fall back into Sami's web. That won't end well. Will and Gabi were cute today. I liked their banter and humor about the whole situation.
Long time ago but as much as I can remember is that Nick fell in love with Melanie when she had a party girl website while she was living in Paris. When she came to Salem he fell in love with her. He was a kind of a nerd type and she just looked at him as just a friend.

He stalked her, kidnaps her and tried to kill her being hyped up on prescription drugs. She seems to attract the weirdos doesn't she. Anyway he was caught and sent to prison. I don't remember the exact relation to Julie but he is a Horton somewhere along the line. The actor who played him as I recall wanted to leave the show to go on to better things and I do remember seeing him on "Secondhand Wife" but I think that was about it for him.

So now he returns.

I imagine they will recast the role of Stefano. But I say phooey. I love Joseph Mascolo in the role. I can't see anyone filling his shoes. So he came back on the 23rd but today they said he was leaving to sort things out so I guess he is gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 07:30 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

I imagine they will recast the role of Stefano. But I say phooey. I love Joseph Mascolo in the role. I can't see anyone filling his shoes. So he came back on the 23rd but today they said he was leaving to sort things out so I guess he is gone.
Ditto, there is only one Stefano in my book.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:39 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
You know who might make a good Stefano -- Michael Nader, who played Dimitri Marick on All My Children.

I haven't watched Friday's show yet (I'm up to my underwires in canning peaches!) but I, too, wonder why the characters I like never come back from the dead ...

Old 08-26-2012, 12:51 AM

19,209 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Thanks, Minervah. I didn't know Melanie's backstory. I think started watching about the time Melanie had some energy formula she was trying to sell. She was a real snot back then. I like this Melanie better.

I know the guy you're talking about, OG. At least, I think I do. I'll google him. If it's the same one I'm thinking of, you're right. He would make a good Stefano but I'm in agreement with you all. Joe Mascolo is the one and only Stefano.

BTW, Ohiogirl. If I send you my address would you pop a case of those peaches in the mail to me? Love Love Love home canned peaches! Yum.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:19 PM

I almost started liking Gabi again after Friday's episode. I thought she would go all nuts over Will again but instead she just took their "friends without benefits" for what it was: just an act of two lonely mixed up and confused people finding each other and nothing more. And I like the fact she was able to joke about it.

Maybe she isn't such a jerk after all but Chad will never think so.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:26 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,969,999 times
The whole thing with Julie really ticked me off. I had forgotten about Nick kidnapping Mel, not that he was the Salem Stalker, but just that it involved Mel. For the writers to have Julie even bring the subject up to her after she had just been kidnapped again, was ridiculous. Guess we know now why she's gonna leave town. It's just stupid.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapee mamee View Post
The whole thing with Julie really ticked me off. I had forgotten about Nick kidnapping Mel, not that he was the Salem Stalker, but just that it involved Mel. For the writers to have Julie even bring the subject up to her after she had just been kidnapped again, was ridiculous. Guess we know now why she's gonna leave town. It's just stupid.
Me too, happy mommy. I actually yelled at Julie and scared the cat! But then I remembered how selfish and nasty she could be long ago when I used to watch the show. I think she was worse than Sami on her best days but then I wasn't watching when Sami was a teen.

I was wondering what reason they would give for Melanie leaving town. I am glad they are not killing her off because this will give her a reason for returning if she wants to. She is one of my favorite characters. She always brings life into whatever she does even when they give her not so interesting dialogue as they seem to have a tendency to do to all the interesting actors after awhile. She and John Aniston always bring humor to their roles no matter what.

Sorry about the changing of your user name. Spell check doesn't get it.

Last edited by Minervah; 08-27-2012 at 01:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-27-2012, 06:37 PM

Julie was obnoxious today. I don't know who this Nick person is or what connection he has to Julie or Hope but if he's in prison, he can't be a great person. Just because they like him, it's no reason he should be freed. Okay, you can see I take issue with people in prison and why they should just stay there.

As for who gets kudos today .... it's Lucas! He gets a big from me for telling Sami off. The sad thing is she doesn't get it because it's all about her and, in her eyes, everyone should love her forever. I'm feeling especially vindictive today about her. I'd like to see her taken down a peg or two and let her try and figure out how to be a better person. As if that would happen.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:48 PM

I vaguely remember the Nick story but his excuse is he was on perscription drugs when he went crazy and kidnaped and hurt Melanie. Like Hope did with the men she hurt. But he was a whako before that. I wouldn't want him out of jail either. He is related to the Hortons but I don't remember how. I never did like Julie from the early days when I watched.

As for Sami. I am also glad Lucas is through with her but it looks like Rafe is weakening again. I hope not though. She is a real piece of work. She and EJ deserve each other even though I kind of like EJ.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 PM

I noticed Rafe getting all googly-eyed today. I thought ... "Oh good grief, Rafe. Don't fall for her again!"

I'm sorry to all the Sami fans but I just don't get it. What is it about that woman that has men fawning over her? She's a selfish narcissist and when she's done with men, she treats them like crap. Is this what the men on that show enjoy? Or maybe she has talents that none of us are aware

Sad to see Nicole reverting back to her old personality, too.

Oh and I read a spoiler today ...

Spoiler
Nadia Bjorin (or however you spell her last name), the one who played Chloe, is coming back to the show in January 2013. And Billie, Lisa Rinna, is out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV