Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,401,982 times

Advertisements

Letterman is a jerk which shows in his ratings.. Bascially he couldn't compete with Leno and has never gotten over it really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,641,974 times
People still watch Letterman?

Old 10-14-2010, 06:36 PM

8,878 posts, read 14,024,767 times
I agree. The move to CBS did change him. Then his shtick became more and more blase. Now he keeps repeating punch lines or key words for audience laughter. Boring!

I tried really hard to root for him over Leno, but wow, he really has slid downhill.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:07 PM

10,103 posts, read 9,639,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
People still watch Letterman?
Letterman who?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:01 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,532,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
With a bubbly person as a guest, Rachael Ray, he decides to go on a long rant against cooking shows while talking about world hunger. he went on and on leaving Ray squirming in the chair. Why should anyone appear on his show with such behavior.
Why David Letterman Apologized to Rachael Ray - Yahoo! TV Blog (http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/why-david-letterman-apologized-to-rachael-ray--1627 - broken link)

His show has been over for forever!! I remember when it first came out --- 1983? He was good then, remained good thru the 80s, started slacking in the 90s for sure. The 00s?? Please! Get this guy off the air!!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 08:09 PM

5,538 posts, read 12,337,582 times
I stopped watching him years ago as well. He used to be so damned funny. He did this stunt where he worked at the Taco Bell drive up and was giving the customers all sorts of grief. I was laughing my a$$ off. No more. Now he's just bitter and angry. That isn't funny. If he is so damned concerned about too many cooking shows and the plight of the hungry, then why doesn't he take his rear out of NY or his nice little ranch wherever and DO something about it? He complains about excess and he has millions of dollars and isn't doing anything? For real? Idiot. I hate to quote lyrics but "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change."

Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,896,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I stopped watching him years ago as well. He used to be so damned funny. He did this stunt where he worked at the Taco Bell drive up and was giving the customers all sorts of grief. I was laughing my a$$ off. No more. Now he's just bitter and angry. That isn't funny. If he is so damned concerned about too many cooking shows and the plight of the hungry, then why doesn't he take his rear out of NY or his nice little ranch wherever and DO something about it? He complains about excess and he has millions of dollars and isn't doing anything? For real? Idiot. I hate to quote lyrics but "If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change."
just wanted to add real quick that while I don't know exactly what charities he supports--I did watch a show some time back and it was divulged that Letterman gives millions to charities but does so quietly and doesn't want the recognition for doing so.
Just sayin......

Old 10-14-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post

Or, as Ghandi said, "BE the change you want to see in the world" (something along those lines)

Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
just wanted to add real quick that while I don't know exactly what charities he supports--I did watch a show some time back and it was divulged that Letterman gives millions to charities but does so quietly and doesn't want the recognition for doing so.
Just sayin......
Sure, but throwing a tax deduction at a charity is one thing. Getting your rear out there and DOING something is totally different. If you get out there and people see you doing it, it brings more awareness to the cause and more people are likely to DO something.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:13 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,306,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Nowadays he just has this angry, nasty edge to him that is extremely unpleasant. He's just simply not funny anymore. I don't what has happened to him in recent years but whatever it is, it isn't good.
I think him not getting the Carson show, then moving to a different network, having to leave that weird funny guy behind, having a baby waaaaay past his prime and being unhappy married had something to do with.

Use to be proud he was from the Hoosier state but like others have said he is just angry nasty anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV