Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:42 PM

95 posts, read 172,336 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see this show last night? How many of you are taking bets she'll never appear again? She was furious with him for constantly bringing up the prison topic, but that didn't stop him. Well, not as quickly as she would have liked
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 06:02 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,641,018 times
Normally, someone tearing up like that would have made me feel badly for them, but it came across as so fake, (pouty lip), that I was laughing hysterically. Dave's the master. Interviews like this one expose Paris as the famous-for-being-famous shell that no one else is willing to show.

Team Dave!

Old 09-30-2007, 11:47 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,682,211 times
He certainly treated her disrespectfully. But I'm sure he really doesn't care, it made his audience laugh.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:19 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,641,018 times
Hawkeye-

I agree, it was a bit uncomfortable. Let's be honest though- when it comes to disrespectful, Paris has it ALL OVER Dave. That woman is a study in narcissism.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:53 PM

7 posts, read 24,081 times
she knew what she was getting into when she agreed to be on the show so i don't feel sorry for her at all.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:46 PM

95 posts, read 172,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badstreetusa View Post
she knew what she was getting into when she agreed to be on the show so i don't feel sorry for her at all.
Exactly! And for whatever reason (which escapes me), she seems to be a "role model" for young girls. In that case, if she was so desparate to hawk her new perfume, she should have appeared on Nickelodeon

Old 10-01-2007, 12:32 AM

468 posts, read 1,638,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badstreetusa View Post
Totally true. I mean, Letterman is notorious for tough questions, and she had this huge incident lingering over her. I thought it was a splendid interview, made me laugh a lot because frankly, I can't stand Paris Hilton.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:22 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,682,211 times
I think Paris is getting a raw deal. She's just a popular person to dog out. Don't misunderstand me, she made her own bed violating probation and getting thrown in jail. But she was treated grossly unfairly considering the amount of time others are spending in jail.

For example, look at Michelle Rodreguez from Lost. Even though Michelle has been charged with 8 counts since 2004, including driving with a suspended license (twice), driving with no license, DUI, hit and run, driving above 0.08, and failing to exchange info at an accident, she has only spent 4 hours and 20 minutes in jail out of a two month sentence.

And now she is being charged with not only failing to complete her community service, but also fraudulently submitting paperwork saying she had.

What do you want to bet that she doesn't spend a day in jail? If Paris Hilton did what Michelle Rodreguez did Paris would probably still be in jail.

E! News - Rodriguez Faces More Jail for Probation Slacking - Michelle Rodriguez (http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=852ff8c5-0980-4865-aa6c-c0f036e0e751&sid=fd-news - broken link)

I realize Paris Hilton isn't the most talented person in Hollywood. But she is a heck of a business woman pulling in at least she's pulling in 8 to 10 million dollars a year on her own. Paris released a CD last year that was extremely successful in Europe and had several top hits on it, she wrote a book that was on the best sellers list for months, she had several minor roles in movies and is currently starring in one that will be released soon (House of Wax), she had her own TV show the Simple Life that was on for 4 or 5 seasons, she has her own jewelry line at Amazon.com, plus she has her own shoe, purse, and perfume lines that are huge in Asia. All that and she hasn't even touched her trust fund yet.

Paris certainly may not be the most talented person in Hollywood, but she's a smart business woman pulling in more money than 99% of all Americans.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 2 days ago)

8,820 posts, read 21,299,824 times
poooooor paris.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:06 PM

618 posts, read 1,611,455 times
I thought it was funny how David couldn't have cared less about Paris' "feelings". Poor widdle pwincess didn't get what she wanted. boo hoo.

can you tell I'm not a Paris Hilton fan? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV