Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:27 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,907,141 times

Advertisements

Leno is the WORST late-night host EVER!!! His jokes and skits are dull, boring and do not even hint at being funny. Just look how well his primetime show is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 08:19 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,175,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Leno is the WORST late-night host EVER!!! His jokes and skits are dull, boring and do not even hint at being funny. Just look how well his primetime show is doing.
you are correct sir

Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,965,754 times
Wink Resurrect Joan Rivers Then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
I think Letterman is done, and this from a former long time fan. And it's not just this latest controversy. His show has been getting alarmingly stale. A very recent appearance with one his faves Renée Zellweger was embarrassingly lame with a both of them whacking a guacamole filled piñata A recent show, I thought I was seeing a re-run when I was hearing the same series of jokes (re: Sara Palin) that I had heard a few nights earlier (in the same order as well). However some of the punchlines were slightly different from the previous show. And I have witnessed this a few more times. Doesn't this guy have an army of writers? What's with the recycling the same jokes and monologue sequences over and over?

His explanation of the latest scandal was especially creepy last Thursday, with all of the jollity and jokiness. I was weirded out by the audience laughter - was it just me? Letterman said he was not going to talk about the issue any more, however, he has returned to the story on today's taping, reportedly stung by popular anger over his inappropriate attitude in Thursday's show. Tonight he apologizes to his wife (this is new) and the women he bedded in his private bachelor pad he maintains at the Ed Sullivan theater where the show is taped. However, he is reported to return to the jokes and hilarity about the story in an awkward exchange with tonight's guest Steve Martin I won't be watching tonight to witness.

The facts of the scandal have been covered so far so I won't repeat them here, however there are new developments that are coming out. And the whole story stinks and I believe a lot of audience will abandon him after this. We haven't heard the end by a long shot.

So back to Leno. NBC had the top rated late night talk show with Leno on The Tonight Show. It was funny and fresh. The double disaster of Conan on the Tonight Show's now sinking ship and the poor ratings on Leno's ten o'clock program can't go on for long. Letterman's done - believe me - stick a fork in him - he stinks. It would be great to see Leno on CBS' Late Show

Good Heads Up Quiet Walker!

Yes, Letterman is getting scary, kinda is looking more and more like a pedophile! Or a very sleazy old man and his jokes are more and more derived from hate humor which for me is a big turn off!

Leno does come across as a straight shooter and portrays a man who has some morals and I do appreciate the fact he does not dwell on hate humor like Letterman and Bill Mahr. However, I really think maybe a new face or someone even old like Joan Rivers would do well at least for a transition. I did enjoy Arsenio when he was on, as well as Cavet, Bishop and even for his very brief stay, Chevy Chase! Carson, was in a league of his own. He set the standard and so far no one has come close. It Letterman or Sleazerman (more appropriate) goes I am certain the network would do better!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 PM

606 posts, read 1,235,491 times
I personally would like to see Jimmy Kimmel take over. I am not a fan of Leno too much. About Letterman, if I am not mistaken he is still bringing in the #'s compared to Conan (who I also like). Someone here said something Craig Ferguson, he is an awesome dude as well.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,771,478 times
A CNN poll (today) "Does David Letterman's controversy affect your interest in watching his show?". 71% responded that it would not influence their watching the show. Personally, I rarely watch either Letterman or Leno. However, I might watch Leno more often now because the show aires at 10pm instead of 11:30pm.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,175,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Good Heads Up Quiet Walker!

Yes, Letterman is getting scary, kinda is looking more and more like a pedophile! Or a very sleazy old man and his jokes are more and more derived from hate humor which for me is a big turn off!

Leno does come across as a straight shooter and portrays a man who has some morals and I do appreciate the fact he does not dwell on hate humor like Letterman and Bill Mahr. However, I really think maybe a new face or someone even old like Joan Rivers would do well at least for a transition. I did enjoy Arsenio when he was on, as well as Cavet, Bishop and even for his very brief stay, Chevy Chase! Carson, was in a league of his own. He set the standard and so far no one has come close. It Letterman or Sleazerman (more appropriate) goes I am certain the network would do better!

that is very harsh--very.

Leno is too self absorbed to make a good host. Seems like he's always thinking of what he's going to say next instead of listening and doing a follow up.
Letterman won't lose his job. he has his fans. He will be just fine.
He didn't rape anyone,molest anyone or do anything except have consensual sex with a woman. Sheeeeeeeeesh-get over it already,everyone. Do people angry at Letterman not have sex???

Old 10-06-2009, 07:04 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,540,748 times
I do find this thing with Dave confusing and once again the News is giving it more play then needed. Dave himself is confusing. I 'm not sure talking about this on his show is in good taste. I agree with others that I 'm not seeing an issue right now. Unless any women come out and say they felt forced to have sex to keep their jobs then thats another issue. Dave was single and get real there are people who date, get married and have sex with people they work with. People send more of their day at work then anyplace else. I 'm not real thrilled with this laughing when he explains this on his show and I think that comes from people not being sure what is he doing telling this as he is a comic. I think more of this story is coming so we will see what changes

Old 10-06-2009, 07:11 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,557,252 times
his cheating on his wife is of no concern to anyone but their family (more specifically the wife herself), but the fact that he was in a position of power and the boss makes it intrinsically unethical.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,153,282 times
Oh come on!! He's a celebrity! These women gave it up easily

Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,485,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Oh come on!! He's a celebrity! These women gave it up easily
That is not the point. The problem is that his behavior could put the show and the network at risk for legal action -either by the women themselves (who might end up claiming they felt obligated since he was the boss) or by other employees who could claim that those women he was involved with were treated preferentially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV