Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 09:00 PM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Sorry, Houston copied the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Italy.

FYI, the same developer that built the Galleria also built the Galleria Dallas.
I said in TEXAS, we're talking about TEXAS. We all know Gerald Hines got inspiration for the Houston Galleria from the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Italy. That's old hat.

And yes, the same developer that built the Houston Galleria also built the Galleria Dallas. His name is Gerald Hines, arguably the world's finest developer, and he hails from Houston. You're welcome Dallas.

Last edited by TXT; 09-11-2013 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Wording

Old 09-11-2013, 09:02 PM

6,702 posts, read 9,958,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post
I said in TEXAS, we're talking about TEXAS. We all know Gerald Hines got inspiration for the Houston Galleria from the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II in Italy.

And yes, the same developer that built the Houston Galleria also built the Galleria Dallas. His name is Gerald Hines, arguably the world's finest developer, and he hails from Houston. You're welcome Dallas.
Bruh, the galleria is just a mall. He didn't create the wheel.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
TXT

Default Houston Is The Winner Here

Quote:
It's 'just a mall' because it's in Houston and not Dallas, right? If it was in Dallas it would be 'the largest shopping center in Texas,' right Bruh?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:31 PM
TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCB View Post
But not quite. Just the perfect amount of thought goes into projects in Dallas. That's why the majority of people I know prefer Dallas over Houston. Just the other night, I went out to dinner at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen with my boss, who is from Denver. We were talking about territories we cover...out of the blue he says that he "hates Houston. It's one of the ugliest cities and I would never want to move there." Likewise, I smiled and high-fived him.

Every city has flaws, Dallas included, but some seem turn off more people than others.
Not always the perfect amount of thought in Dallas planning. Have you seen Dallas City Hall: BUTT UGLY! And there are several sections of Dallas that are really ugly, so don't kid yourself. Dallas is just as ugly as anywhere else, it just tells itself it isn't.

And I know just as many people who prefer Houston over Dallas, by far. Many say Dallas just isn't as cosmopolitan as Houston. You can't argue with that. I mean, gosh, who would want to move to fake, pretentious, phony, plastic Dallas.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,009,063 times
Quote:
Not always the perfect amount of thought in Dallas planning. Have you seen Dallas City Hall: BUTT UGLY! And there are several sections of Dallas that are really ugly, so don't kid yourself. Dallas is just as ugly as anywhere else, it just tells itself it isn't.

And I know just as many people who prefer Houston over Dallas, by far. Many say Dallas just isn't as cosmopolitan as Houston. You can't argue with that. I mean, gosh, who would want to move to fake, pretentious, phony, plastic Dallas.
I chuckle when I hear people claim Dallas is the most cosmopolitan & metropolitan area of the South/Southwestern United States. The last part may be true but...

Dallas is Texas, Houston is every last nation on Planet Earth.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:46 PM
TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Keep stimulating that Houston economy Dallas!

I bet your idiot boss & possibly yourself didn't even realize ya'll were eating at a Houston based restaurant chain.
Lol, exactly. They were too busy being fake, phony, pretentious, and plastic Dallas Houston haters...not realizing they were sitting there making a Houston company richer. Priceless.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:53 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,805 times
Quote:
yes and what does it say about a knock off of a knock off..lol

Old 09-11-2013, 09:54 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,151,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txt View Post
lol, exactly. They were too busy being fake, phony, pretentious, and plastic dallas houston haters...not realizing they were sitting there making a houston company richer. Priceless.
dudes boss is from denver .. Nuff said

Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 PM
TXT

Quote:
The Galleria looks like a very generic mall. What's different about it architecturally??

NorthPark has the highest-grossing Dillard's and Neiman-Marcus. NorthPark was the first mall to be featured in vogue magazine and it's one of the 7 retail wonders of the world. It's also filled with art from famous artists.
NO SIR! NM NorthPark is not always #1 in the chain all the time. #1 at NM rotates each year between NM Beverly Hills, NM NorthPark, and NM Houston Galleria. Although NM NP usually takes top spot in the chain, some years NM Houston Galleria or NM Beverly Hills take the #1 spot in the NM chain. NM San Francisco and NM Atlanta are also top performers in the NM chain, though not quite as high of volume as the top 3.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:27 PM

298 posts, read 417,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Keep stimulating that Houston economy Dallas!

I bet your idiot boss & possibly yourself didn't even realize ya'll were eating at a Houston based restaurant chain.
So he's an idiot just because he doesn't like Houston? People have different opinions, accept it and move on.

Quote:

Again, since you haven't replied, why must you love Dallas so much you have to mention it in every single thing you post? If you don't like Dallas, don't talk about. Yet, you constantly have to repeat and repeat. It's getting annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas