Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 07:14 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,273,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
That you feel compelled to think that something that is so obviously the right thing to do (give the assistance to the states that need it, rather than the state that doesn't) MUST be because of "punishment" for how Texas voted, rather than that it's the obvious and right thing to do. It indicates a level of hatred, based on politics, of all things, that is a sad thing for someone to have to live with.
Honestly, I don't feel that sad at all, not one bit. I think you might be confused...but I digress, as I don't want to start something. This is called: Why I left Texas. Its not going to be a running ad on how wonderful it is. Im sure there is a thread called, "why I cannot leave Texas"...on that thread, I would certainly be a round peg in a square hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 07:28 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,470,165 times
No, no, you don't understand, I'm feeling sad FOR you that you have to walk around with that political chip on your shoulder to that extent and feel such anger that a state didn't go the way that YOU think it should. That you think that Mr. Obama, when he takes office, should be so dishonorable as to mete out help to the citizens of this country based on political reward or punishment, rather than true need - that you think so poorly of your own candidate as to think that he would behave so badly. That you feel that an entire state (whether it be Texas or another state that voted similarly) should be "punished" for not voting the way YOU think it should, to the point that you can say:

oh Texans, tisk tisk....your time is coming, and its going to hurt sooooo bad. Going red again aint going to help you this time. Look who is getting the help witht he bailout...rust belt states, ironically, states that just happend to help my man Obama Become POTUS. You act like you are an independant nation (and you were once). Im thinking you might want to become one again because you are not going to fit in well with this administration. Ron Paul tried to warn you, but you didnt listen.

Not confused at all - your statement was more than clear.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
No, no, you don't understand, I'm feeling sad FOR you that you have to walk around with that political chip on your shoulder to that extent and feel such anger that a state didn't go the way that YOU think it should. That you think that Mr. Obama, when he takes office, should be so dishonorable as to mete out help to the citizens of this country based on political reward or punishment, rather than true need - that you think so poorly of your own candidate as to think that he would behave so badly. That you feel that an entire state (whether it be Texas or another state that voted similarly) should be "punished" for not voting the way YOU think it should, to the point that you can say:

oh Texans, tisk tisk....your time is coming, and its going to hurt sooooo bad. Going red again aint going to help you this time. Look who is getting the help witht he bailout...rust belt states, ironically, states that just happend to help my man Obama Become POTUS. You act like you are an independant nation (and you were once). Im thinking you might want to become one again because you are not going to fit in well with this administration. Ron Paul tried to warn you, but you didnt listen.

Not confused at all - your statement was more than clear.
well I dont think you need to feel sad for me. Im still doing flip flops over our landslide victory. While there are many Texas towns that are spending there evenings burning crosses and plotting hate crimes, other states are getting ready to fix America. Texas might as well join Mexico or become the Republic of Texas again, as it seems to me that there is going to be very little help or enthusiasm fixing Americas problems from the lone star state. Come on...secretly you have wanted this all along. You fly that flag bigger and more frequently than the US flag, and shamefully,at the same height.

Austin....you don't count....unfortunately, we cant airlift you out of there to safety.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:19 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,292,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
. You fly that flag bigger and more frequently than the US flag, and shamefully,at the same height.
I must admit, that does bother me. I don't think all of Texas does that, but I have seen it here and there. Not good to be sure.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:28 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,470,165 times
Foreverking, do you, or have you ever, lived in Texas? Where do you live now, if not Texas? Clearly, ilf you came to a thread called "Why I Left Texas?", you must have lived here and left and have a story to tell beyond Nanny Nanny Boo Boo. If you've never lived here, and left, what are you doing in this thread other than looking for a place to say the above?

Old 11-16-2008, 08:31 PM

779 posts, read 2,250,206 times
Where is the love for Texas.

Last edited by autotech4dallas; 11-16-2008 at 08:51 PM..

Old 11-16-2008, 08:31 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,244,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
As for the state of Texas in general ... it's cheap for a REASON.

Hey now, I'm a California native and love living here, I've never even been to Texas. However, I'd strongly disagree with your statement.

The cost of housing in many parts of California in my opinion has been ridiculous for a long time, and to imply that Texas is cheap because it's not a desirable place to live is just your opinion and not a fact.

A family can actually afford a good sized home in many parts of Texas and live a nice life, why should we knock that? Not everyone wants to pay an arm and a leg for a tiny house in a so/so neighborhood just to enjoy better weather, and I can't say that I blame them.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:51 AM

9 posts, read 25,200 times
I'm in central Texas and can't wait to leave. It is way too hot here. I spent the entire summer indoors every year until about 9 p.m. There's a ton of things to do outdoors, but the heat makes me so sick, I even lease out my horse during the summers because I don't want to go to the stables and mess with him. I lived in Alabama for 4 years before this and it wasn't as bad there. I don't know what is about the heat here...

Old 11-17-2008, 05:15 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,292,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole6 View Post
I'm in central Texas and can't wait to leave. It is way too hot here. I spent the entire summer indoors every year until about 9 p.m. There's a ton of things to do outdoors, but the heat makes me so sick, I even lease out my horse during the summers because I don't want to go to the stables and mess with him. I lived in Alabama for 4 years before this and it wasn't as bad there. I don't know what is about the heat here...
Yes, it is tough and that's my biggest complaint about living in central Texas. As a Texas friend living in Georgia puts it, kind of like you do, "There is just something about the heat in Texas that knocks me over." If I weren't such an outdoor person, I wouldn't have a problem, but I know what you're saying about wanting to do things outside. It's nearly impossible without getting literally ill. Maybe it's just because it lasts so very long...I don't know either.

But people in snow country hate that as well. That might even be more debilitating than the heat, but I don't know as I've never lived in a state full of snow.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Foreverking, do you, or have you ever, lived in Texas? Where do you live now, if not Texas? Clearly, ilf you came to a thread called "Why I Left Texas?", you must have lived here and left and have a story to tell beyond Nanny Nanny Boo Boo. If you've never lived here, and left, what are you doing in this thread other than looking for a place to say the above?
Yep, Keller Texas, near FT Worth, Pflugerville Tx, near Austin, Seabrook Tx, near Houston. What makes you think I have never lived here. My wife is also a Daughter of the Republic of Texas. I have also lived in Wa, OR, AZ, Co, MS, CA. do you still live there? if so why are you on this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas