Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2008, 05:46 PM

779 posts, read 2,256,234 times

Advertisements

I am in love with the warm weather in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 05:58 PM

73,288 posts, read 63,226,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotech4dallas View Post
I am in love with the warm weather in Texas.
I am not in love with warm weather, but living in Georgia for a long time and then spending some times in Dallas during the summer gave me a perspective on summer heat. Dallas felt much drier and more bearable than Atlanta.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I am not in love with warm weather, but living in Georgia for a long time and then spending some times in Dallas during the summer gave me a perspective on summer heat. Dallas felt much drier and more bearable than Atlanta.
I was over in Dallas this summer in July and it was pretty hot. My poor car's A/C was no match up for the heat. I just took my necessary precautions, drank lots of water, cooled off indoors, and I made out fine.

I just do not like the cold weather, like the cold winters in Oklahoma. My Lord I do not like it. I am the type of person that gets cold very easy. At nights I wear sweat pants and long sleeve shirts when I go to sleep. I love being comfortably warm.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I was over in Dallas this summer in July and it was pretty hot. My poor car's A/C was no match up for the heat. I just took my necessary precautions, drank lots of water, cooled off indoors, and I made out fine.

I just do not like the cold weather, like the cold winters in Oklahoma. My Lord I do not like it. I am the type of person that gets cold very easy. At nights I wear sweat pants and long sleeve shirts when I go to sleep. I love being comfortably warm.
You and I must be total opposites. I love cold weather. I especially love it when it snows and everything looks beautiful. North Texas is the snowiest part of Texas.
Hot humid weather makes me miserable and in many cases mean. I took a ride around town in June of this year. I sat in the tailgate of the truck because my friend was too big(I weigh 120lbs. He is more than twice as big and the pickup truck only sat 2 passengers). I sat in the tailgate in near 100 degree weather and by the end of the day I was mean and irritable due to being out in the heat. I took a cold shower and felt much better. Suprisingly, I get giddy and happy in the cold. Different things for different people.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
You and I must be total opposites. I love cold weather. I especially love it when it snows and everything looks beautiful. North Texas is the snowiest part of Texas.
Hot humid weather makes me miserable and in many cases mean. I took a ride around town in June of this year. I sat in the tailgate of the truck because my friend was too big(I weigh 120lbs. He is more than twice as big and the pickup truck only sat 2 passengers). I sat in the tailgate in near 100 degree weather and by the end of the day I was mean and irritable due to being out in the heat. I took a cold shower and felt much better. Suprisingly, I get giddy and happy in the cold. Different things for different people.
I think you would like the winters in Oklahoma. Every year, we do get a decent amount of snow, sometimes ice storms, lots of wind, cloudy days most of the time. I'm sorry that you have to sit in a tailgate in 100 degree weather. That seems unbearably. I'm glad that the cold shower helped.

When it is sunny, warm, with a light breeze, I just want to put the windows down, turn up the music, and drive a little faster (that kind of mentality). I always want to be out longer when it is warm and when it is cold and gray, I want to be indoors longer. And when I get the chills, I try to find the nearest heater and bundle up, lol.

I know that it can get cold in Dallas with the snow and ice, but I think I could probably handle it, due to dealing with Oklahoma winters for 21 years, but the rest of the seasons I can definitely part with.

All in all, there is somewhere on this planet for us to reside and enjoy, weather wise, and I just cannot wait to move to Dallas, which will be in the summer in a few years. I think about it everyday.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I think you would like the winters in Oklahoma. Every year, we do get a decent amount of snow, sometimes ice storms, lots of wind, cloudy days most of the time. I'm sorry that you have to sit in a tailgate in 100 degree weather. That seems unbearably. I'm glad that the cold shower helped.

When it is sunny, warm, with a light breeze, I just want to put the windows down, turn up the music, and drive a little faster (that kind of mentality). I always want to be out longer when it is warm and when it is cold and gray, I want to be indoors longer. And when I get the chills, I try to find the nearest heater and bundle up, lol.

I know that it can get cold in Dallas with the snow and ice, but I think I could probably handle it, due to dealing with Oklahoma winters for 21 years, but the rest of the seasons I can definitely part with.

All in all, there is somewhere on this planet for us to enjoy, weather wise, and I just cannot wait to move to Dallas, which will be in the summer. I think about it everyday.
I can understand that. All of us have different tastes. A warm, dry day with a breeze does sound and feel nice though.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 PM

Texas has alot of nice things. Texas can be a good place to live and work and have things to do. The thing I DON'T like from some people is the "ego" I get from some people. I know Texas has good qualities, and be proud and acknowledge them is very good. Just don't rub it in. Be proud, but be humble too.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 PM

Oh no, I know what you are saying about ego, and I will not rub it in at all. I just believe in my mind that it will be such a rewarding experience to pursue my dream job in Texas. Humbleness is definitely a key factor in this experience.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Oh no, I know what you are saying about ego, and I will not rub it in at all. I just believe in my mind that it will be such a rewarding experience to pursue my dream job in Texas. Humbleness is definitely a key factor in this experience.
Good outlook. I was talking about some of the lifelong residents of Texas. I do tend to see an "ego" of Texas being "the best".

Old 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM

I know what you mean. Its crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas