Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 11:50 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,510,314 times

Advertisements

The weather in Dallas makes people explode !

Old 10-27-2014, 12:31 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,601,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Ah, ok. So given the fact it's the largest MSA (by almost 2 million people) in the top 10 of that list, I'd say the unemployment rate is pretty dang good.. Especially considering we're adding near as many people to the metro every year as we're adding jobs. If no one was moving here, and we were still the number one job creator then I'm sure your assumption of us being the lowest unemployment rate in the country would be correct.
Actually, I didn't assume that. I honestly didn't know how that worked. Another poster explained it, and now I get it. Simple as that.

Now, carry on with the weather stuff. Always entertaining.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:39 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,568,859 times
Quote:
A new high-rise multifamily project is underway in the Museum District.

Dallas-based developer StreetLights Residential recently broke ground on The Carter, a 20-story, 305-unit apartment tower just south of U.S. Highway 59 and half a mile north of Hermann Park.

Also in the Museum District, Houston-based Hines is developing The Southmore, a 24-story multifamily tower expected to be complete in August 2016.
StreetLights Residential to build apartment tower in Houston's Museum District - Houston Business Journal

Houston ranks No. 2 for job growth, No. 1 in Texas - Houston Business Journal

Old 10-29-2014, 07:19 PM

Chicago's Marquette Cos. to break ground on new residential tower in downtown Houston next wednesday.

Quote:
The newest, a 28-story luxury apartment tower on Texas Avenue between Austin and LaBranch, will have floor-to-ceiling windows, an infinity-edged swimming pool and a private club room with views of home plate.

"When you look anywhere in the United States, downtown Houston is one of the best opportunities that exists today," he said.

Within a few blocks of the ballpark, Bob Eury, the district's executive director, estimates $400 million worth of new apartment development is planned or under way.
Flashy projects rise near ballpark - Houston Chronicle

Old 10-30-2014, 01:36 PM

Houston is the number 4 city in the world for foreign investments.. Behind only London, NYC, and San Francisco.

Houston?s real estate market continues to attract foreign investors, according to CBRE Group Inc. - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
Case in point: A dozen investors submitted "double digit" offers this week to purchase 1000 Main, a 837,000-square-foot office building formerly known as Reliant Energy Plaza in downtown Houston.

Of the dozen investment firms, only two were from the U.S., Branca said.

If it closes, 1000 Main will likely the most expensive office deal in Houston real estate history at $526 per square foot.

Multiple 40 story residential towers are in the works for downtown, including one already u/c

14 residential projects on tap for downtown - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
Developers are clamoring to build residential projects in downtown Houston.

The flurry of downtown real estate activity has been fueled by young professionals, who want to live in high-density, urban neighborhoods where they can walk to work, walk to eat and walk to play.

Last edited by TexasTallest; 10-30-2014 at 01:49 PM..

Old 10-30-2014, 04:58 PM

6,292 posts, read 7,510,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHater101 View Post
WTF cares?

You are posting many links that are useless biased articles that doesn't lead do anything. Do we care? Is Houston going to have a Texas Sized party for being on the top 10 list or having a midget sized building? Maybe you should create a thread called "my useless links"... Ok?

Btw, do some research instead of posting false articles in here.
I care, usually it's only trolls and flamers who get upset...They're building a 4 story Residence Inn not far from me, I might just post a link to it...

Old 10-31-2014, 02:44 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,460,661 times
This is the Bubble architecture project thats better than anything currently in Texas...that "Texas(green eyes) Tallest" swore wouldn't be built.
Klyde Warren Park is at the center of a development boom | Dallas Morning News
Quote:
More projects
Expect more major projects along Woodall Rodgers and the park.
Businessman Ross Perot Jr. has hired architect HOK to design a tower for the southeast corner of the freeway and Griffin Street, just west of the park.
Perot last year bought the almost 2-acre development site now occupied by a Bank of America drive-through.
The property at the gateway to downtown is zoned for more than 1 million square feet of construction. And Perot is expected to build a mixed-use project that would rival anything in the surrounding area.
While development sites near Klyde Warren Park are limited, the scale of what’s built on the remaining prime properties will grow even larger as land prices soar.
The park was planned as a way to glue downtown and Uptown together. Now it’s becoming the centerpiece of the combined neighborhood and a driver of new development deals.

And...The largest Convention center in Texas is Expanding ...AGAIN!!!!
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/r...der-review.ece

Last edited by dallasboi; 10-31-2014 at 03:56 PM..

Old 10-31-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
This is the Bubble architecture project thats better than anything currently in Texas...that "Texas(green eyes) Tallest" swore wouldn't be built.
Klyde Warren Park is at the center of a development boom | Dallas Morning News

More projects
Expect more major projects along Woodall Rodgers and the park.
Businessman Ross Perot Jr. has hired architect HOK to design a tower for the southeast corner of the freeway and Griffin Street, just west of the park.
Perot last year bought the almost 2-acre development site now occupied by a Bank of America drive-through.
The property at the gateway to downtown is zoned for more than 1 million square feet of construction. And Perot is expected to build a mixed-use project that would rival anything in the surrounding area.
While development sites near Klyde Warren Park are limited, the scale of what’s built on the remaining prime properties will grow even larger as land prices soar.
The park was planned as a way to glue downtown and Uptown together. Now it’s becoming the centerpiece of the combined neighborhood and a driver of new development deals.

And...The largest Convention center in Texas is Expanding ...AGAIN!!!!
Rawlings: Convention center expansion must be part of broader review | Dallas Morning News
Woah, what the **** are you talking about? Don't put words in my mouth boi.. I never said anything about the Perot development not being built. That one has always seemed much more feasible than the Turkish guys plans. And green eyes??? How so? Have you not seen what's going on in Houston? You make no sense boi.

Oh, and what do you mean bubble architecture, and what makes you claim this is better than anything else in Texas? That's a BOLD statement. It might not even end up being the best in Dallas. Much less the rest of the state...

Old 10-31-2014, 04:05 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,460,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Woah, what the **** are you talking about? Don't put words in my mouth boi.. I never said anything about the Perot development not being built. That one has always seemed much more feasible than the Turkish guys plans. And green eyes??? How so? Have you not seen what's going on in Houston? You make no sense boi.

Oh, and what do you mean bubble architecture, and what makes you claim this is better than anything else in Texas? That's a BOLD statement. It might not even end up being the best in Dallas. Much less the rest of the state...
Uhh...Yes....You made sure of that...But I was speaking of Architecture.

YOU are the one HOPING the turkish guys plans don't go through...they will though...sorry

Old 10-31-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Uhh...Yes....You made sure of that...But I was speaking of Architecture.

YOU are the one HOPING the turkish guys plans don't go through...they will though...sorry
I'm not hoping anything.. It would be nice to finally get some in state compition for developments. I'm just thinking realistically though. His plans don't make any sense.
Ah, better architecture.. Because you've gotten some sneak peak at the renderings and know what the building is going to look like..
You better hope the Turkish guys project doesn't happen. It would stifle any growth in downtown Dallas for years..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas