Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 PM

6,303 posts, read 7,573,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I guess you didn't understand me, let me clarify.....

No one can say for sure that any project can happen or not. You've never heard me say a project cannot happen in Houston. I have no idea what can and cannot be constructed because I do not know anything about the market. (Neither do the posters in the forum)
For that matter Real Estate "experts" would have a hard time predicting specific projects. I don't think anybody has said this project cannot happen, just that doubt exist that this project is feasible or anything other than a PR stunt, which is where I tend to lean on the matter. If it does get built I'm sure Dallas will eventually grow into it....

Old 11-03-2014, 10:00 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,885,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
For that matter Real Estate "experts" would have a hard time predicting specific projects. I don't think anybody has said this project cannot happen, just that doubt exist that this project is feasible or anything other than a PR stunt, which is where I tend to lean on the matter. If it does get built I'm sure Dallas will eventually grow into it....
If those buildings are iconic and state of the art they will not have a problem filling them up. It sounds like a lot of international companies may occupy the buildings.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:09 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,590,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
If those buildings are iconic and state of the art they will not have a problem filling them up. It sounds like a lot of international companies may occupy the buildings.
I didn't realize Dallas had a large international presence..?

Old 11-03-2014, 10:56 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,885,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Well if you haven't notice foreign companies are relocating to DFW. Examples include Toyota relocation to Plano and China base NGC making its North America headquarters in Fort Worth. DFW has become very international friendly and welcomes foreign investors that would like to capitalize on the 4 largest market in America.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:07 AM

2,936 posts, read 5,298,910 times
Quote:
Dallas has the numbers as being international, but it doesn't feel international. It still feels very segregated and too contrived, not like a melting pot like you see in Houston.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:28 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,505,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Dallas has the numbers as being international, but it doesn't feel international. It still feels very segregated and too contrived, not like a melting pot like you see in Houston.
Its because Houston is the same all over.Everything is all mixed in, All the neighborhoods are the same...rich or poor. My take is that People say Dallas is Segregated because you don't see a mixture of foreign people in every neighborhood in Dallas. Which is really not fair. In fact....Houston is lacking sense of place. a neighborhood way on the north side looks Identical to 3rd ward. if you fall asleep in route you would think you were in the same place when you wake up..Its like going in circles passing the same stuff over and over..its all the same.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:44 AM

638 posts, read 574,045 times
Default Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Its because Houston is the same all over.Everything is all mixed in, All the neighborhoods are the same...rich or poor. My take is that People say Dallas is Segregated because you don't see a mixture of foreign people in every neighborhood in Dallas. Which is really not fair. In fact....Houston is lacking sense of place. a neighborhood way on the north side looks Identical to 3rd ward. if you fall asleep in route you would think you were in the same place when you wake up..Its like going in circles passing the same stuff over and over..its all the same.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:21 PM

6,303 posts, read 7,573,231 times
Quote:
This is utter and total nonsense, the diversity in "place" between lets say the Woodlands and Galveston is far and away superior to anything you can describe between Dallas and Fort worth. Get a hold on yourselves

Old 11-03-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Well if you haven't notice foreign companies are relocating to DFW. Examples include Toyota relocation to Plano and China base NGC making its North America headquarters in Fort Worth. DFW has become very international friendly and welcomes foreign investors that would like to capitalize on the 4 largest market in America.
Oh, I must of missed DFW on the list of locations with the most foreign investment..

Quote:
Houston is the number 4 city in the world for foreign investments.. Behind only London, NYC, and San Francisco.

Houston?s real estate market continues to attract foreign investors, according to CBRE Group Inc. - Houston Business Journal

Old 11-03-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
This is utter and total nonsense, the diversity in "place" between lets say the Woodlands and Galveston is far and away superior to anything you can describe between Dallas and Fort worth. Get a hold on yourselves
But.. But.. Plano is so diverse!

Quote:
Sure, you can fall asleep in one poor part of town and wake up in another poor part of town and there not be a huge difference, but what you are failing to include are all those places in between that you "slept through". Between the north side and the third ward (only a few miles apart) you have to pass an area known as DOWNTOWN, along with the 4th ward, midtown, and the east end. Those places definitely do not all look the same. I could however say that one could venture for the same amount of miles (as between the north side and 3rd ward) from one side of south Dallas to the other and everything look the same without falling asleep. I can't belive you are trying to paint Houstons diversity and intertwined culture/demographics as a bad thing.. I guess some people prefer segregation?

Oh, and the reason people say Dallas is segregated isn't because of Dallas' lesser diversity with "fewer foreigners seen out in the neighborhoods" (or w/e you said).. It's because a large portion of the poor population lives in south Dallas, while the more affluent neighborhoods are to the north. The demographics are very divided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas